Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Final drawing of indoor practic field and ampertheater

I live in Dallas now and the Cowboy Frisco facility is crazy expensive and massive.  What Khan is doing in a small market is incredible and he is a better person (from what I can tell) to boot.  So glad that we have a visionary at the helm.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Except for the part in the article where it states: "When the doors are closed to the flex field, the space is fully climate controlled
." You know, the important part.

Quote:Just cause ignorant people don't like what I have to say, doesn't make a comment trolling.. Personally, I think we're getting the short end of the stick. They showed us amazing renderings which were paid for.. multiple times... And now all we're getting is a rectangle shaped greenhouse/shed....Anybody remember the old river city music shed... it was a hot box....  They're giving us the same thing, just shinier and closer to the stadium... It might be nice to go see a show in January or February, but the other 10 months are going to be equatorial under that thing.

I work at the zoo.... why else would I have so many monkey avatars.

David is actually partly correct in his statement. In the new video, the amphitheater is described as a "fully, covered open air structure" which would indicate that part is NOT climate controlled. The practice field which does have doors on both sides can be become climate controlled.

So seeing a show at the amphitheater could be very heat/humidity dependant, it really depends on the material the roof is made with and if some sort of breeze can blow through that space.

Now, was the amphitheater ever specifically described as being climate controlled? No.

Is this design that much different than most amphitheaters around the country or even those in Florida? No.

The major change is the sightline from the South side of the structure. The initial renderings showed a rounded, less angular roof design than the new one. That design could have made the field unique in its own right. As others have stated, that design was likely more expensive, potentially less stable/resilient, and more expensive. I would have loved to see it done like that anyways, but It is understandable why it was modified. It is just less aesthetically pleasing

Quote:This would be a cool idea but I just don't see it. Unless the decide to hold the draft in multiple cities.
Um it is.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

The article says the walls are made of fabric.... This has got to be the cheapest design that I have ever heard of... I guarantee there will be no NFL Combine in that thing. They will never hold it in our rectangle tent.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:The article says the walls are made of fabric.... This has got to be the cheapest design that I have ever heard of... I guarantee there will be no NFL Combine in that thing. They will never hold it in our rectangle tent.

No offense but you are obviously pretty clueless on this subject.

Maybe look up the type of fabric being used.

It's not as if they just held the closing ceremony of Olympics last night in a stadium that has a roof made with the same exact fabric that will be used on the ampitheater/flex field.

;

;

In most people's vocabularies, design means veneer. It's interior decorating. It's the fabric of the curtains and the sofa. But to me, nothing could be further from the meaning of design.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:In most people's vocabularies, design means veneer. It's interior decorating. It's the fabric of the curtains and the sofa. But to me, nothing could be further from the meaning of design.
Dude gets mad people say he's trolling... then proceeds to troll on.

In most people's vocabularies? Who are you that you know "most people's" anything?

You don't like the renderings, we get it. 

The roof is a little on the industrial side. Who knows maybe in real life it will look better. It will serve its purpose for the players.

Quote:No offense but you are obviously pretty clueless on this subject.

Maybe look up the type of fabric being used.

It's not as if they just held the closing ceremony of Olympics last night in a stadium that has a roof made with the same exact fabric that will be used on the ampitheater/flex field.
Correct

Article from the TU on the design change:

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2016-...p0.twitter

Quote:Article from the TU on the design change:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2016-08-23/story/latest-design-amphitheater-called-mediocre-critics#.V72huqVAcp0.twitter'>http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2016-08-23/story/latest-design-amphitheater-called-mediocre-critics#.V72huqVAcp0.twitter</a>

So the city, which is footing half of the cost knows nothing? Typical.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

When you see the original design compared to what is happened, that is pretty drastic. I do wish they had stayed more closely with the original.

What  they are building looks like a giant greenhouse.

Comparing that to the Sydney Opera House is an insult to people's intelligence.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2017, 01:16 PM by Jagwired.)

Coming along.

[Image: 1485537386378.jpg]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

On second look. there is no way the original renderings could have feasibly been built for even the full $90 million dollars budgeted for the upgrades. Just look at the old birds eye view, the original field/amphitheater structure looked as big as the stadium. Plus Now that part of that money has already been used for the restructured end zone, and club seats, there is even less money to build something.

I guess at this point, you just have to hope that functionally it will be a good amphitheater, acoustically and and layout in terms of getting to seats, restrooms, venders, etc. for people attending events.

what the hell are you talking about

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2017, 01:27 PM by Jagwired.)

http://www.earthcam.com/clients/common/s...=timelapse

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...2c3e579dbf

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Doesn't seem like they'll be finished in May, I see outrange that season tickets holders will have first crack at tickets, which means that there's a possible concerts could be sold out before the general public even get a shot. This was on metro Jacksonville site, has anybody else herd or read this anywhere 

>no Migos

It's a pole barn but what the hey.  I'll never swim in the pools, either.