Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Bruce Irvin

Some other Clayton per year projections...

Bruce Irvin $9.5m

Janoris Jenkins $10m

Kelechi Osmele $8m (if not signed as an OT)

Olivier Vernon $12m (or more)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would it shock anyone if Dave pulled in both Bruce Irvin and a secondary guy on day 1? Then a few days later put together an offer to Vernon similar to how he did with Alex Mack?

Quote:Would it shock anyone if Dave pulled in both Bruce Irvin and a secondary guy on day 1? Then a few days later put together an offer to Vernon similar to how he did with Alex Mack?
Not totally, though I would recommend going after Vernon much earlier in the process.

The reason why there was no offer made to Mack early in the process is because most teams had to feel or know that Cleveland had more than enough cap room last year to match virtually any offer, and that's what happened.

This year, the Fish are much closer against the cap than Cleveland was last year.  There is a good chance he won't be re-signed.  Furthermore, I don't think more than one offer can be matched.

In other words, if the Jaguars make an offer for Vernon and the Fish decide to match, then another team can't come and try to beat that offer this same offseason.  I think the Jaguars would have to make their best offer early on and make sure competitors for his services and the Fish can't match it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

@JasonLaCanfora NFL execs I know would do cartwheels to land Bruce Irvin anywhere near $9M/year some suggesting FWIW. price will be significantly higher

I'm telling you guys, if we make the right moves in FA and have an awesome draft, then we're gonna be insane this year.

Quote:Would it shock anyone if Dave pulled in both Bruce Irvin and a secondary guy on day 1? Then a few days later put together an offer to Vernon similar to how he did with Alex Mack?

Not at all. I think this is exactly what will happen because Irvin will be our starting Otto (Although he will most likely see quite a few snaps at Leo too).

Quote:I'm telling you guys, if we make the right moves in FA and have an awesome draft, then we're gonna be insane this year.
It seems more promising here than it has been in a long time.  Glad I renewed season tix again.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I think it may be one of Irvin or Olivier. Don't believe it will be both. I have a feeling it may be Olivier only because that's a pretty rare occurrence to get a player like that in FA. But, what do I know. 

Haha, Irvin followed Dante, BCC, and several other Jags fans. Not saying there's a fire just yet...but definitely some smoke. 

Quote:Haha, Irvin followed Dante, BCC, and several other Jags fans. Not saying there's a fire just yet...but definitely some smoke. 

Hmm, there was TONS of Jags fans commenting on his post about Florida yesterday, so it could be because of that but that is definitely something.

Quote:Haha, Irvin followed Dante, BCC, and several other Jags fans. Not saying there's a fire just yet...but definitely some smoke. 
Seriously, he better not be playing with my emotions. Look at all those recent follows. Why the hell else would he be following those people if he wasn't coming?

GAHHHHHHHHHHHH FA needs to start.

Quote:Hmm, there was TONS of Jags fans commenting on his post about Florida yesterday, so it could be because of that but that is definitely something.
Bold City Brigade, BCC, Fowler, numerous Jags fans...there's no way he's doing that just because those guys said he should come here. He's only following like 1500 people lol.

You're crazy if you think every team doesn't tamper. Teams are talking with players about numbers right now.

Quote:I have mixed feelings about reports like this.

On the one hand, if there are offers being made, it's good to know on some level the Jaguars are competitive.

However, I don't want anything that could have the Jaguars be hit with tampering charges and associated loss of draft picks.

Furthermore, until it is official, I don't want to get my hopes up.

In light of KYJaggy's post, this is much more relevant.

He also tweeted Karl Joseph number 1 safety. Im thinking he could try to help and put in a good word to draft Karl Joseph as well. Im sure he knows him from WV

Quote:You're crazy if you think every team doesn't tamper. Teams are talking with players about numbers right now.
Yeah, it happens. Every team does it. Too much work to be done for FA's to sign right when FA begins if they just started a couple days earlier. Talks have been happening for some time I'm sure.

Quote:He also tweeted Karl Joseph number 1 safety. Im thinking he could try to help and put in a good word to draft Karl Joseph as well. Im sure he knows him from WV
If we don't get Ramsey in rd 1, sign me up.

If the Redskins didn't get in trouble for tampering a handful of years ago when Pierre Garcon signed that huge deal at literally 12:01 when FA opened (this was just before the 2 day tampering period they have now), no one can get in trouble for tampering unless there's rock solid proof with some kind of writing or audio. 

Quote:If we don't get Ramsey in rd 1, sign me up.
I would take him ine the 2nd even if we did draft Ramsey but hopefully Dallas drafts him that way it leaves us with Jack or Bosa and we can still get the number 1 safety

Wow just saw all the people Bruce just followed. That's crazy!
Shock the world