Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calm down

The Bills had the ball in the final minute down 8. They were in the game in the fourth quarter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bills have Sammy Watkins, Percey Harvin, Charles Clay, and Shady McCoy, I know Taylor is a 1st year starter but he has had about 4 years to develop 

The game was also 37- 13 going into the 4th 

so those were Garbage time points like what people are saying our 14 points were in late in the game

Weren't Harvin, McCoy, and Taylor free agents also available to the Jags? I'm pretty sure most players would rather live in Jacksonville than Buffalo.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

McCoy was a trade.

Quote:Please watch the game. A lot of the points they put up were in garbage time like ours were. It was 37-13 in that game near the end I think. Not too much different than our offense

The Jags can't also put up garbage time points? That's a lot different than our offense. The main difference seems to be that the Bills didn't completely surrender.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:The Jags can't also put up garbage time points? That's a lot different than our offense. The main difference seems to be that the Bills didn't completely surrender.

We scored a td on our last drive in garbage time so I don't get what you are saying.

Quote:Weren't Harvin, McCoy, and Taylor free agents also available to the Jags? I'm pretty sure most players would rather live in Jacksonville than Buffalo.

McCoy was traded. The team wanted a slot receiver so harvin probably wasn't considered and Taylor is a qb so we obviously weren't going after him.

Quote:I'm definitely feeling good about our Superb Owl chances.

I knew some moron would reply with this statement. OF COURSE WE ARENT WINNING THE SUPERBOWL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! I'm just saying this isn't the end of the world.

Bring on the Colts.
Shock the world

Quote:McCoy was traded. The team wanted a slot receiver so harvin probably wasn't considered and Taylor is a qb so we obviously weren't going after him.

I am guessing Harvin was not considered because he is a hothead who has worn out his welcome with the three teams who have gotten rid of him in the last two years.

Quote:Goff is the new flavor of the year. Drafting QB is not on the horizon, so just stop.
I didn't say anything about drafting a new qb I just responded to another post asking who was coming out.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Yeah it was disappointing to only put 17 on them. Bortles throwing that int and the refs screwing up a call cost us 10 to 14 points which would have put us right around the same range. Bortles really needs to stop trying to force it in critical situations, it cost us 2 or 3 games last year and it's going to cost us again.

I'm not saying Bradley/Bortles/Caldwell are the answer but I'm not going to get upset about that game, if the Panthers or Dolphins had blown us out like that then I'd be ready to clean house. I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy but I saw that coming from a mile off.

People comparing Bortles to Gabbert need to go rewatch some Gabbert games on Gamepass though. I sat through half of the 2012 season a couple of weeks ago and some of the 2013 season. Nothing alike whatsoever.

Agreed. It was a challenge for Gabbert to get us across the 50 in a lot of games.

The Patriots are most likely going back to the Super Bowl and winning it this year.

Quote:The Patriots are most likely going back to the Super Bowl and winning it this year.
I think the Packers beat them.

Quote:The Patriots are most likely going back to the Super Bowl and winning it this year.

Easier said than done and I'm a Ptas fan.

Quote:I think the Packers beat them.
I could see that happeneing.

Quote:we have a chance against the Colts if we play a style of defense that doesn't allow them to complete easy passes.
LOL - you know it's going to be soft zone, infrequent blitzes, plenty of time in the pocket for Luck to pick us apart.  

Quote: 

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Jaguars have the worst point differential of any NFL team since the beginning of the 2012 season. The Jaguars have been outscored by 596 points in those 51 games, the most in the league by a large margin. More than 100 points, actually.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Oakland, which beat Cleveland 27-20 on Sunday, has been outscored by 492 points. Tennessee, which lost to Indianapolis 35-33, is third on the list, having been outscored by 332 points

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);"> 

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">..... Calm down guys. It's not that bad.

We are definitely a notch below the Raiders and Browns now.  Kind of sad to have reached that point when you are truly the doormat of the NFL.  

Quote:Easier said than done and I'm a Ptas fan.

I could see that happeneing.

Cardinals look good too this year...

but they always mess up in the Post Season..

Peyton Mannings Broncos are leading the league in Defense instead of Offense..

still Pats look really good after three games...

Quote:I think the Packers beat them.

Well thats  just it the teams we think that could beat them are in the NFC...

Pats going to SB at least...

Quote:Answer this honestly: were you predicting a 51-17 loss before Sunday?
In all honesty, I was expecting the Jags to get blown out Sunday... badly, and I think so were the majority of the pro talking heads and 'Vegas. The only people who didn't acknowledge the probability of this were the homers. Given the circumstances, there was no reason not to expect what took place. The win the week prior (Miami) was a squeaker against a mediocre team; admittedly, one that I frankly didn't expect us to win either. 

SuperJ'... the pats are actually that good... and we're actually that bad. That's why I have harbored no delusions about a .500 or better season this year. My prediction has been that we might be able to pull out a 6-10 record this year... at best; and I might also add 'at the very least'. I say 'at the very least' because if we can't reach that paltry goal this season then I question the virtue of retaining gus bradley as HC.

So there it is. The pats are pretty good and we're still pretty bad. We've made some strides, but we've got a long way to go before we're competitive with elite level teams. Keep in mind too that the pats (the super bowl champs, remember) are pretty much at the top of the elite pyramid. Time to move on from that butt whipping and focus on the dolts. 

We will be fine.

I believe in Bortles.

I believe in Bradley.

The only worry from the Pats game I have is any confidence/resilience loss going forward.

This will be a decent season. Not great but another stepping stone away from the dumpster fire this team was a few years ago.

Quote:What? I don't recall one instance ever of Gus lighting anything under anyone's butt. I must admit that JDR got his teams to overachieve from time to time. When is one instance you can cite that about Bradley?

He did after Game 1.