Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calm down

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 06:38 AM by BritishJag.)

You should have expected that.

Look at some of these scores from last year:

Quote:Bengals 17 Patriots 43

Bears 23 Patriots 51

Broncos 21 Patriots 43

Patriots 42 Colts 20 (in Indy)

Lions 09 Patriots 34

Dolphins 13  Patriots 41

Four of those teams the Pats stomped made the playoffs. They're ruthless (especially at home) and don't stop running up the score.

The Pats game shouldn't be a "measuring stick" for the Jaguars. The measuring stick should be against other teams in the AFC South and the teams we face who finished 3rd in each division. No QB/Coach duo comes close to what New England have right now.

If we look that bad against the Clots, Bucs and Texans then it'll be time to freak out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Some people get it.... Some prefer to lose their minds and freak the hell out...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Do we really need another thread on this???  

Quote:Some people get it.... Some prefer to lose their minds and freak the hell out...
Tom Brady is in the form of his life, Gronkowski is in the form of his life. This could possibly be the best NFL team in a generation. I'm disappointed to see the Jags get stomped but it was always on the cards.

If we had a healthy roster maybe we could have kept it closer. Bortles made a mistake when we looked like bringing it to within 1 score before the half and you can't do that against a team like New England.

JT will help this team on offense in a big way his presence on field alone teams will have to honor that. When he comes back I expect the Jags offense to look night and day different. There is big things coming for this team

The whipping administered to this team by the pats was not a surprise... upsetting, but not a surprise. It's time to move on (I would argue that perhaps we should've 'moved on' to thinking about the dolts even prior to the pats... but that's another story). As has already been said, when we get back some more play makers like Thomas and Marks it will change the way other teams have to game plan for us. The season isn't over.

Inb4 you're nothing but a bunch of apologists.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote: 

You should have expected that.

<div>

Four of those teams the Pats stomped made the playoffs. They're ruthless (especially at home) and don't stop running up the score.

The Pats game shouldn't be a "measuring stick" for the Jaguars. The measuring stick should be against other teams in the AFC South and the teams we face who finished 3rd in each division. No QB/Coach duo comes close to what New England have right now.

If we look that bad against the Clots, Bucs and Texans then it'll be time to freak out.

</div>

Very reasonable take.  Time will tell.   Not time to draw any conclusions yet.  We're a very young team and we should be near the end of the rebuild, but all these injuries are setting us back.   I think most of us are still waiting for evidence that this coaching staff can do a decent job.   Personally, I will wait until much closer to the end of the season.   We have a lot of solid players, but we still need a shutdown corner and a premium pass rusher.  

The only conclusion I can draw is like other losses, the Jags do not make halftime adjustments. Or if they do, they're not the right ones. You'd think the coaching staff might huddle up and ask what is working and what isn't. Do the former (pass), abandon the later (run up the middle). Is it really that difficult? I find answering that question with the current HC difficult.

Losses always hurt. I have been a fan since a was 6 when the team was rewarded to Jacksnville. I remember when it happened me and all my little friends were playing Jaguars outside, wrestling each other, made our parents go get shirts, hats etc. It was an exiting time to be a fan, even as a kid. These losses still hurt bad though, every one of them does. I can understand with our recent history why people are so bi-polar and I feel it too at times(BLOW IT ALL UP WE R TEH SUX0RZZZZ), but there has to be restraint. We are still in position to control our own destiny. Beat Indy this sunday, we are 1st in the division, then Indy goes and takes their [BLEEP] kicking from NE, and we are basically 2.5 games up on them. Perspective fellas! Go Jags. 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 10:08 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

The Bengals and clots were playoff teams last year, and while I don't remember exactly, I doubt either was dealing with an injury situation at the time that was quite as severe as the one we have currently. Also, the Pats beat a 'Skins team, who went to the Playoffs, 52-7 in 2007. If things start to get ugly vs the Pats they can get really ugly because, unlike most NFL teams, they don't slow down even with a multiple score lead late in the game.

Edit: basically everything the OP said. Sorry didn't read past the scores before I responded.

People are not realizing that this was easily the toughest game on the schedule. 

Did you really expect to win? I know we would have liked to be more competitive, but the Patriots are going to roll this season.

We are not ready to compete with the Super Bowl Champs, in their house.

Just chill and let's battle Indy next week. We always play Indy tough, and like it or not, we are a better team this year than previous years.

In before the gooners gonna goon... Oh wait.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

The next person that tells me we should've expected a 51-17 loss needs to turn off the computer right now and leave the football discussion to people that have a grip on reality.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:The next person that tells me we should've expected a 51-17 loss needs to turn off the computer right now and leave the football discussion to people that have a grip on reality.
Ohh ohh me me me! I'll say it because I'm not at a computer! Hehe.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

I'm calm right now.  I won't put down anyone that wants to vent some. No quarter will be given for next week's performance.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:People are not realizing that this was easily the toughest game on the schedule.

Did you really expect to win? I know we would have liked to be more competitive, but the Patriots are going to roll this season.

Just chill and let's battle Indy next week. We always play Indy tough, and like it or not, we are a better team this year than previous years.

We don't always play them tough. In fact it's been pretty much an easy win for the colts ever since Gus took over.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:People are not realizing that this was easily the toughest game on the schedule. 

lol @ Always play Indy tough

Quote:You should have expected that.

Answer this honestly: were you predicting a 51-17 loss before Sunday?

Quote:We don't always play them tough. In fact it's been pretty much an easy win for the colts ever since Gus took over.

The game at Indy last year was the first time Indianapolis did not destroy us since Bradley took over.

I think Hasselbeck got into all the prior games because they were so far out of reach.