Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fire Gus Comments

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 09:05 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

No proven former HC is going to touch this team until it has more talent. It is the bullet train to unemployment.

This is why I think Gus may save himself a couple more years, and or Marrone will get promoted in the interim.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He is too soft on these guys in public. Look at other successful coaches in the L, and they are at the very least critical of guys in their press conferences.

Bradley acts like this is Pop Warner and that he has to be worried about their feelings.

He's too soft. It's time for him to go.
Jon Gruden would be perfect.  Get him out of that comfty booth and onto the Jaguars sidelines and turn this ship around.  I enjoyed how he criticize Gabbert when he broadcasted Jaguars games.

Caldwell's done a good job of turning over the roster IMO.  They're far from a finished product but they're way better talent-wise than they were when Caldwell arrived.  The salary cap is also in good shape.  The problem is talent development and on-field coaching.  It's non-existent.  Last year we were beating the Eagles 17-0 at the half I believe.  Final score?  34-17. 

We don't need a rah-rah, upbeat coach.  We need somebody to kick some butt and put fear into players' hearts, not warm and fuzzies.  We need an offensive-minded coach who can come in and make a difference on that side of the ball.  This is still a crappy offensive team we've seen the last several years.  Gus Bradley is more suited to serve as a defensive coordinator.  I'd love to keep him on in that role but I realize that'll never happen. 

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:It looked bad on offense. D had some breakdowns, but sputtering offense coming out cold (again) is what really did us in. Still.. if BB comes out next week and finds a rhythm, we have another winnable game on our hands. Forgive me if I don't want to scrap the season before all the week 1 games have been played yet.
I don't need to scrap the season after one game.  I never thought year 3 was going to be the mystical successful year.  We didn't see progress last year and closed the season out with nothing but questions across the board.  I don't understand why the organization decided that year three would mean something.  They are setting the stage for disgruntled fans and a long season.

Honestly I doubt a new coach could do anything.  This team is unproven and doesn't have much talent.  The unproven guys could develop but I'm not sure they will.  It is why I will continue to watch my team.  I'm in no matter what.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:He is too soft on these guys in public. Look at other successful coaches in the L, and they are at the very least critical of guys in their press conferences.

Bradley acts like this is Pop Warner and that he has to be worried about their feelings.

Again. What could he say that would make you happy?

;

;

Dungy & Carroll are very Gus-like in their demeanor.  A guy like Coughlin or Parcells more disciplinarian, you can make a list of successful coaches that did it many different ways.  There isn't a blueprint. 

Fans want to see a coach fired up and angry after a loss because it validates the way they feel, angry.  Remember Dennis Green?  Not a great coach but he was very fiery.  If you are at a Jags game and watch Gus he actually is pretty animated.  If he starts calling out players in press conferences that's not going to suddenly turn this team around.

Maybe Bradley just isn't a good head coach.

Quote:Again. What could he say that would make you happy?

He could show as much passion as a guy paying for $8 beers, roasting in the hot sun, and being forced to watch the big, steaming pile of poop they call a football team.

Quote:He could show as much passion as a guy paying for $8 beers, roasting in the hot sun, and being forced to watch the big, steaming pile of poop they call a football team.

That doesn't answer the question

;

;

Quote:That doesn't answer the question

Ok, he could simply say "I'm sorry." to the fans. Just apologize for what he puts us through.

Quote:Ok, he could simply say "I'm sorry." to the fans. Just apologize for what he puts us through.

lol, ok

;

;

Quote:What could he say that would make you happy?

For me personally it's what he shouldn't say. I just can't listen to him try to spin it in a positive light anymore. I don't need to hear about effort and enthusiasm and how they'll get better.

Gus Bradley reminds me of a coach in a football movie. Has great inspirational lines and has great charisma, but in the end it's just a movie and there's no substance. All this great hype and video clips and sound clips leading up to the game and then the kickoff happens and it's all shattered

Doesn't matter what Gus says.  What matters is what he does.  Actions speak louder than words.  If he gets this team playing hard, and competitive, then maybe he'll turn out to be a good coach.  The odds are against this.  Is it so much to ask that we get out of the basement?  Being ranked around 22 would be nice.  That'd move us up 9 or 10 spots.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I want the Jaguars to get Mcelwained on the sideline when they drop passes, commit dumb penalties and etc

Quote:You guys do know its only game 1 right?

If only this was true.

It was actually game 33 and it looked a whole lot like it was game 1, well actually it looked more like game 2 against the Raiders where the Jags lost 19-9. Does that score ring any bells???

Here, take a look and see for yourself:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/bo...150rai.htm

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:If only this was true.

It was actually game 33 and it looked a whole lot like it was game 1, well actually it looked more like game 2 against the Raiders where the Jags lost 19-9. Does that score ring any bells???

Here, take a look and see for yourself:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/bo...150rai.htm
Right, because they didn't change anything from last season to this.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Right, because they didn't change anything from last season to this.

This team hasn't yet.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

If sucking for 2 years and looking like the same goinginto week 1 of the 3rd year is knee jerk well then...

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

I love how people are justifying the whole body of work to fire the coach. If you have not realized it by now, we have done a complete strip of the roster basically, from the ground up. If you go back and look at the trades, releases, and whatever, there's not much of what's left of the team a few years ago be it free agent signings or draft picks. They were very clear that this was a rebuild and have not shied away from that. What made any of you think that this  year would be any different? Especially considering we were without our 2 best players on both sides of the ball. 

Seriously, get real. I am not praising positivism, or whatever lame [BLEEP] things you'll try to "insult" me with. My point is, they laid down very clear expectations when all of this began, the best thing you can do is either: a) lower  your own expectations, b) find another team to cheer for c) get over it. When we do get our first win, people be like "YASSS WE'RE DA BEST!!!! I KNEW WE COULD DO IT!!!! I NEVER LOST FAITH IN THIS TEAM!!!" then the following we lose "ERMERGERD WE SUCK, FIRE BRADLEY, BENCH BLAKE, TRADE FOR TEBOW, LETS GO TO THE MODIS BUILDING!!!" 

IT'S JUST ONE GAME PEOPLE. 

Quote:IT'S JUST ONE GAME PEOPLE.

Actually no, it's not.