Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
lots of presure on gus,and Jags this year

Bradley is a copy cat coach and it is not working.  I don't think he has the brains to be an NFL HC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That's a pretty blanket statement without context.

Looking back, many would have preferred to keep Coughlin (as a coach, NOT as GM.)

His last three seasons here?

7-9

6-10

6-10

Everyone at the time wanted him out.  Wasn't long after that, both Jags and Giants got better.

If this team with four wins gets to 6 or 7 wins and is competitive in their losses (no blowouts, all winnable) then no, you can't make a convincing argument that a losing record demands a certain firing.

Debatable? Yes

Certain? No

But 3 losing seasons means your a loser and can't ever win.  I bet there aren't any coaches who have done anything with 3 losing season.  Only winning matters even though every coach loses.  We must have full consistency!

Quote:Here it comes...so you don't believe in accountability? You think 3 consecutive losing seasons is fine? Okay, sure...let's hear your rebuttal.

Here's an egg. Go bake a cake.

Here's an egg and some sugar. Go bake a cake.

Here's an egg, sugar and flower. Go bake a cake.

Why haven't you made a cake yet? You've been given 3 chances?! You're fired. I don't want to hear it, you've been given too many chances and it makes no difference the reason. Get out!

^^weirdest analogy ever, I concede

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 08:48 PM by Predator.)

Quote:Here's an egg. Go bake a cake.

Here's an egg, sugar and flower. Go bake a cake.

Why haven't you made a cake yet? You've been given 3 chances?! You're fired. I don't want to hear it, you've been given too many chances and it makes no difference the reason. Get out!
No its more like:

Here's an egg and some sugar and a $40 million dollar spending account at the grocery store. Go buy the rest of the ingredients if you have to, but go bake the freaking cake already.

Quote:^^weirdest analogy ever, I concede

Apologist. Dude Del Rio wasn't even this bad, and he's had some terrible seasons. As far as the egg and cake...lol, just ridiculous.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Apologist. Dude Del Rio wasn't even this bad, and he's had some terrible seasons. As far as the egg and cake...lol, just ridiculous.

Lol, unorthodox yes, but I think you know exactly what I meant. I don't hide the fact that I like Gus and I don't think our team has been bad because he's a bad coach, I think THAT'S ridiculous. The team has been bad, nay, horrible because we've had zero talent. You can't coach that up.

Now we can judge Gus for what he has which is a better group of players. You people cannot see the forest for the trees. You're crazy if you think Anyone could win with the crap we rolled out there 2 years ago. Dont be so staunch. We fire him and it' a new everything and another 2-3 of being bad and so it goes again, get another coach.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 09:12 PM by Minorcan.)

Quote:No its more like:

Here's an egg and some sugar and a $40 million dollar spending account at the grocery store. Go buy the rest of the ingredients if you have to, but go bake the freaking cake already.
You're another one. Grow up and use some common sense. Who did they bring in 2 years ago to bake the freaking cake? Which star did we have that could wip that up? They didn't buy all the ingredients, they drafted them. Have to wait for the dough to rise.

And another thing, they never said this would be over night. They said draft and develop. You nut balls always just casually forget that whole develop part of it. Convenient.

Quote:Lol, unorthodox yes, but I think you know exactly what I meant. I don't hide the fact that I like Gus and I don't think our team has been bad because he's a bad coach, I think THAT'S ridiculous. The team has been bad, nay, horrible because we've had zero talent. You can't coach that up.

Now we can judge Gus for what he has which is a better group of players. You people cannot see the forest for the trees. You're crazy if you think Anyone could win with the crap we rolled out there 2 years ago. Dont be so staunch. We fire him and it' a new everything and another 2-3 of being bad and so it goes again, get another coach.
I said 2 years of trash is fine.  Gene Smith left us in really bad shape.  However, we should atleast after 3 years of rebuild be at a minimum 8-8.  We don't have Gabbert, we have Bortles.  We don't have Mike Thomas, we have Hurns/AR15.  We have a competent team now, I'm done with excuses now.  It's time to win.  Bortles is going to be REALLY good, and if Gus can't muster up some wins this year, he's not the guy.  He's wasting our time.

Quote:And another thing, they never said this would be over night. They said draft and develop. You nut balls always just casually forget that whole develop part of it. Convenient.
No one is saying Playoffs or bust.  I'm asking for 8 wins.  

Quote:I said 2 years of trash is fine.  Gene Smith left us in really bad shape.  However, we should atleast after 3 years of rebuild be at a minimum 8-8.  We don't have Gabbert, we have Bortles.  We don't have Mike Thomas, we have Hurns/AR15.  We have a competent team now, I'm done with excuses now.  It's time to win.  Bortles is going to be REALLY good, and if Gus can't muster up some wins this year, he's not the guy.  He's wasting our time.

And all of that is true, but can't be so impatient to think it will all happen the following season. I want them to win now also.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 09:15 PM by D6.)

I was listening to Bill Polian earlier tonight on Sirius Radio for a while.  The discussion was about the Jaguars game against the Panthers.   I didn't hear much of the conversation but a handful of what Polian mentioned caught my attention that I did hear.   I'm paraphrasing:

1.  He feels that the current regime had very little talent to work with when they took over in 2013.

2.  That the personnel is noticeably better than it was two years ago.  

3.  That the Jags are a draft away from being a major factor in the AFC playoff picture.  

Bill Polian also mentioned for disclosure purposes that his son works for the Jags.

Everything Polian mentioned that I heard made a great amount of sense.  

Quote:I was listening to Bill Polian earlier tonight on Sirius Radio for a while.  The discussion was about the Jaguars game against the Panthers.   I didn't hear much of the conversation but a handful of what Polian mentioned caught my attention that I did hear.   I'm paraphrasing:

1.  He feels that the current regime had very little talent to work with when they took over in 2013.

3.  That the Jags are a draft away from being a major factor in the AFC playoff picture.  

Bill Polian also mentioned for disclosure purposes that his son works for the Jags.

Which shows we should be able to get atleast 8 wins this year.  We have a QB, WRs, TEs, half a good OL, a good DL(when healthy), good corners...

Quote:I was listening to Bill Polian earlier tonight on Sirius Radio for a while.  The discussion was about the Jaguars game against the Panthers.   I didn't hear much of the conversation but a handful of what Polian mentioned caught my attention that I did hear.   I'm paraphrasing:

Seems reasonable and logical.

Quote:Which shows we should be able to get atleast 8 wins this year.  We have a QB, WRs, TEs, half a good OL, a good DL(when healthy), good corners...

Agree and reasonable.

Quote:Seems reasonable and logical.

Agreed. 

I've listened to Bill Polian many times on Sirius Radio and his knowledge of all 32 teams is tremendous.   At least with me,  his opinions have a tremendous amount of credibility. 

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 09:21 PM by Mowerguy.)

I don't think people realized how far we had sunk and how HARD it is to be 8-8 these days. The league has reached the parity they were trying for.

Polian makes a lot of sense to me.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:You're another one. Grow up and use some common sense. Who did they bring in 2 years ago to bake the freaking cake? Which star did we have that could wip that up? They didn't buy all the ingredients, they drafted them. Have to wait for the dough to rise.
They have had some of the highest cap space in the league for the last few years.

They have been given plenty of opportunity to get that cake baked. if they went out and bought the wrong ingredients or didn't mix them right, that's all on them. Time is no longer an acceptable excuse.

No one is expecting 5 star dinning, but they better start serving something that is edible. The clock has ticked it's last second. It's time to start serving some results.

Quote:Which shows we should be able to get atleast 8 wins this year.  We have a QB, WRs, TEs, half a good OL, a good DL(when healthy), good corners...

From your perspective as a Jags fan,  I certainly respect your expectations.   The Jags have indeed upgraded their talent level noticeably and Blake Bortles has a full off--season and another summer under his belt.

Maybe I'm putting too much weight on the injury situation on the Jaguars Defensive Line but I think it's going to take plenty of creativity to generate enough of a pass rush this season.  

One other thing that Bill Polian mentioned that I recall that I think relates to what we are discussing.   Polian said in essence the Jags need to avoid injuries moving forward that much more than most teams because the team doesn't have enough quality depth.    I think I would already be viewing the Jags season much differently if not for the torn ACL by S'D. Marks in Game # 16 last season and the torn ACL by D. Fowler back in May. 

I'm probably going to predict a 6-10 record for the Jags but if things break right,  8-8 could be reachable.