Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
lots of presure on gus,and Jags this year

I just checked things out. first year Gus went 4-12   last year it dropped to 3-13. your supposse to get better next season with more wins,not have more losses. My dad has already said if 

Jags have another loseing season Gud will be gone. He could be fired by the 8th game if we are 0-8 again. I agree with my dad 100%. 

Jags need a better record this year. they have to win  at least 9 some how. 9-7 would be a winning season.  any other thoughts?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As long as we go at least 6-10, I'm fine with that.

For Bortles sake, I hope we don't lose Gus.

Quote:For Bortles sake, I hope we don't lose Gus.
He still has his friend Henne. Just don't tell Bortles that the Jags are paying him to be his friend and not to QB.

My mamma said crocodiles are so ornery cause they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:My mamma said crocodiles are so ornery cause they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.

Well momma's wrong again! 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

No Colonel Sanders, you're wrong.... Mama's right.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

I love my mamma very much...now you know that.

Quote:No Colonel Sanders, you're wrong.... Mama's right.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

To win 9 games this year would be a monumental jump and probably earn Gus coach of the year honors. This is probably not going to happen and is very unrealistic. If you weren't a fan of the team you would logically say a 7 win season is huge progress and the arrow is pointing up. Don't set yourself up for a let down as that's most likely going to be a very difficult task since we all are fully aware this is a building towards greatness year.

Quote:I just checked things out. first year Gus went 4-12   last year it dropped to 3-13. your supposse to get better next season with more wins,not have more losses. My dad has already said if 

Jags have another loseing season Gud will be gone. He could be fired by the 8th game if we are 0-8 again. I agree with my dad 100%. 

Jags need a better record this year. they have to win  at least 9 some how. 9-7 would be a winning season.  any other thoughts?

Wait. At LEAST 9?! Come on now

I wonder if chad henne will continue to be the captain lol
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I love my mamma very much...now you know that.

Pure. Gold.

You had to "check things out" to realize Gus has won 7 games his first 2 years?

Nice investigative work there Encyclopedia Brown.

I have been coming to this forum for the last 4 years. Would just come to read what everyone was saying about the Jags. I have been a Jaguars fan since the beginning. Today is the day I have decided to join. Now I think the Jags are going to have a decent year 9 wins is possible hell 10 is possible.If it is there time the wins will happen they just need to play hard and want it. It all depends on O line play which is greatly improved if they can keep Bortles up right we can move the ball. QB play which we do have a good QB. A good QB can mask a lot of problems you have elsewhere. Running Game out of the Stable of RBs we have someone should have a good season I think it is Yeldon But I see special packages for Grant. Defense is my concern we are improved but getting to the QB is going to be a challenge. I personally think Gus will have a plan there with schemes and Blitz packages to help. But Gus is not a blitz guy  but he will dial up the pressure from time to time. I think if we show great improvement Gus is not on the Hot seat. But if some how we get off to a 0-8 start Gus is gone. I personally think we  will go 8-8 maybe 9-7 I do think we will take at least one game from the Colts as well. I do not think this is the same old Jags this is a new team and time for a new start.

I didn't say i expected the team to go 9-7. I was saying that would be a winning record,and i bellieve my dad thimks if they do worse then 9-7 would be a loseing season. I am expecting 6-10 if we are lucky. 

I was just agreeing with my dad mostly if team started 0-6 to 0-8 gus would be gone maybe even dureing the season.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I'm pretty confident we won't start 0-8. 

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015, 09:18 PM by Predator.)

I think the expectations have to be significantly greater this year. There are no more freebies. This is the year to put up or shut up.

I think 6-10 will put Bradley on the street. Two more years of work and only two more wins compared to his first season won't cut it and I think he knows this. I'm not saying they will have to make the playoffs, but they better have themselves in a situation where they are at least part of the playoff conversation late in the year.

I don't know where people are getting 6-10 as an acceptable mark. 6-10 teams are bad football teams.

This is the NFL not college. There is no playing well but coming up short in the pros. There is no such thing as being physically outmatched or lacking the ability to recruit top talent. 6-10 teams get that record because they screw up too much and don't play up to their potential, and three years into your rebuild you can no longer use inexperience as an excuse.

I promise, if this team goes 6-10, people won't be looking at all the positives and how we just came up short. They will be looking at all the negatives and how we blew opportunities to win games.

Well St.Louis went 6-10 and people pick them as a dark horse playoff contender. Same with the Giants.

Unfortunately 5 or 6 wins is a very real possibility if Thomas, Marks and Lee are out a significant amount of time.  You can't be missing 3 of your top 5 players on a thin roster for a third of the season and expect to win a lot of games.

Quote:I think the expectations have to be significantly greater this year. There are no more freebies. This is the year to put up or shut up.

I think 6-10 will put Bradley on the street. Two more years of work and only two more wins compared to his first season won't cut it and I think he knows this. I'm not saying they will have to make the playoffs, but they better have themselves in a situation where they are at least part of the playoff conversation late in the year.

I don't know where people are getting 6-10 as an acceptable mark. 6-10 teams are bad football teams.

This is the NFL not college. There is no playing well but coming up short in the pros. There is no such thing as being physically outmatched or lacking the ability to recruit top talent. 6-10 teams get that record because they screw up too much and don't play up to their potential, and three years into your rebuild you can no longer use inexperience as an excuse.

I promise, if this team goes 6-10, people won't be looking at all the positives and how we just came up short. They will be looking at all the negatives and how we blew opportunities to win games.

I realize what you are saying, but there are definitely different types of 6-10 seasons.  There are seasons where you are getting blown out and go 6-10 or season where you could be 10-6 as easily as you could have been 6-10.  IMO 6-10 is the floor for Bradley.  If they go 6-10 with the offense ascending and playing competitive football for the most part during the year, he will get another season.  If it is 6-10 and we are losing games from lack of discipline, mistakes from clock management, bad play calling or the coaching staff not doing well under pressure at the end of games than yeah, that type of 6-10 could get him fired.  

6-10 is the floor IMO.  I don't think they overhaul the coach and philosophy if they feel the arrow is still pointing up with a 6-10 season.  Does 7-9 make that big off a difference between being fired and keeping your job?  Maybe, depends on the type of season you have.