Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Bucs GameDay thread***

People who keep saying we couldn't have been 8-3 without Trevor seem to forget how good our D was early in the year, and how we were leading the league in turnovers.. he was responsible for 10 tds, 7 ints, 6 fumbles when we were 8-3..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Late flag for crying out loud

(12-24-2023, 07:39 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:37 PM)enigma Wrote: Both.

Really?  You talked to the coach? He told you that

According to Bucky Brooks, the team did not participate in a "team circle" at half time with some players lolligagging around - which insinuates Doug has lost some of this team.

This entire team is a steamy pile of hot [BLEEP] outside of Logan Cooke. Including Trevor and the coaches. Everyone knew the O-line was going to be an area of concern from the get-go.

And I say this as one of Trevor's staunch supporters.

(12-24-2023, 07:45 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: People who keep saying we couldn't have been 8-3 without Trevor seem to forget how good our D was early in the year, and how we were leading the league in turnovers..  he was responsible for 10 tds, 7 ints, 6 fumbles when we were 8-3..

We get it. Any wins have nothing to do with Trevor, all L's are because of Trevor

(12-24-2023, 07:39 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:34 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Can you breakdown his other 30+ fumbles for me.

Can you name 1 QB that could succeed behind this line?

A healthy CJ Stroud. Mahomes. Oh, you said 1.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 07:47 PM by americus 2.0.)

YEP!

TD and......damn

(12-24-2023, 07:28 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:19 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: You're avoiding answering the question.  What other QB could do better in this current toxic environment?   Still waiting.

Pick a top 10 QB not named Hurts. Mahomes has a mid line and no WRs... Allen's O line is not super great either, nor* is Burrow's. When Manning went out before drafting luck a 10+ win team got the 1st overall pick. Truly elite QBs lift teams, average/bad ones need all the help to do well. Trevor is likely starter QB material in the NFL,  but he''s not top 10, hes not elite. He's the guy who gets you 7-9 wins a year. He's an average QB that you try to replace each year.

Mahomes has a HoF TE and Head Coach/offensive play designer. He also had an All Pro WR who at his current pace may be a HoF. He has had a few Pro Bowl OL and a DOPY candidate on the other side.

Allen has an all Pro WR better than Jags WR since Jimmy. He has had multiple OL make Pro Bowls. Defense has good Pro Bowl and borderline All Pro players.

Burrow has a, all Pro WR and a pro bowl WR better than any Jags WR since Jimmy, and one who can beat any CB and often beats most double teams.

Luck started his career with a HoF WR and then replaced him with a Pro-Bowl, borderline All Pro WR.

You are correct that Elite QB's raise up bad teams to be competitive. But those teams still had more stars than this team does. In fact this team has no other stars. Josh Allen is the closest, and he has yet to have a great complete season, and hasn't even made the pro bowl since T-Law joined the team.

He is definitely making bad mistakes and had stunted development, but he needs more help.

First and goal on the half yard line and we're throwing the ball. That should tell you something.

(12-24-2023, 07:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: First and goal on the half yard line and we're throwing the ball.  That should tell you something.

Boselli was questioning it for sure. Lol

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 07:49 PM by Jag88.)

Damn it jags

Too bad they couldn't recover the onside kick. I could've gone for some more Engram stadpadding for fantasy purposes.

Oh well. Maybe Tampa can put us all out of misery for the week.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

I will be watching pederson post game interviews

(12-24-2023, 07:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:39 PM)copycat Wrote: Can you name 1 QB that could succeed behind this line?

See that's a loaded question because i'm not brain dead, i'm aware the line sucks. Do I think another QB could come in and have an MVP season? of course not. Do I think another QB could play much better than Trevor did this year? Absolutely.. Quite a few.

Name them.  This far into the season after being hit 2 seconds into a drop back.  Every throw is a quick timing route.  I’m as frustrated as every Jag fan but like every diehard fan we called out this offensive line and the braintrust did NOTHING to improve it.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

GO Jags!!!!!!! Woooo still in 1st place y'all!!!!!! We got this can I get a duuuvvvallllll
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Baker is on fire. I’ve seen most of their games , and he’s not usually as good as he’s been last week and this week.

(12-24-2023, 07:50 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I will be watching pederson post game interviews

"We've gotta learn how to win again. We need to do better. Blah blah.."
Here we go again

Time to go to Sneakers during Jags All Access to clap & cheer like a trained seal.. You guys are awesome!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Beathard is obviously a backup but he did take 90% of the snaps this week. It was shortsighted to start an obviously still affected Trevor Lawrence. Pederson needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-24-2023, 07:41 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 07:38 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Trevor's fault.... When are people going to realize it's the teams fault not just Trevor

No one said it's all Trevors fault.

People are just saying, since the QB is the most important position, and Trevor has a history of not being ball secure, he has to take a bit more blame as a single player than any other player.

Tyson Campbell hasn't been good.

Fortner hasn't been good.

Backup tackles haven't been good.   

But Trevor has been noticeably poor, for whatever reason.

Do you disagree?

This right here.

Trevor should in no way be immune to any criticism at this stage in his career.

He has absolutely regressed for many reasons both due to circumstances in his control and also out of his control. 

The issue most level-headed people are having now with TLaw are the avoidable self-inducing setbacks - especially when it comes to some of his turnovers. Yes, he is probably trying to do too much and play hero ball - and yes, this o-line is dog [BLEEP] or Ridley is running the wrong route. But there are times where Trevor needs to understand that throwing a ball away is better for this team than chucking up an interception, or fumbling the ball on numerous occasions where he could have slid down/tucked the ball in.

And those turnovers hurt the most because he should know better in those situations, especially in his 3rd year. Maybe that's also a coaching problem as well, where they are not drilling it enough into Trevor's head with those scenarios.

(12-24-2023, 07:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote: GO Jags!!!!!!! Woooo still in 1st place y'all!!!!!! We got this can I get a duuuvvvallllll

Honesty I’ll back you on this. Jags are lucky all sarcastic takes aside.