Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 World Cup Discussion Thread

I really enjoyed that game.

The cheating, diving self-entitled Brazillians might learn to defend now. It feels like they've forgotten how to do it. Defenders spending the whole game playing as attacking midfielders doesn't work and it ends badly when you come up against the first world-class team they've faced so far.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Germany scored almost as many points as Denver did in the Super Bowl.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I really enjoyed that game.

The cheating, diving self-entitled Brazillians might learn to defend now. It feels like they've forgotten how to do it. Defenders spending the whole game playing as attacking midfielders doesn't work and it ends badly when you come up against the first world-class team they've faced so far.
That has been all tournament too, just haven't played as solid a team as Germany who really exposed them. To me, Brazil has always been about the flare, pushing forward, and scoring goals. Defense is something that they do just because you have to sometimes.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

IMO, Brazil is lucky to have gotten as far as they did. 

I expected them to lose in the previous game, vs. Columbia. Columbia played really well during this WC & I think Brazil was just spent after beating what I think was the better team (maybe not that particular day), but overall. It doesn't shock me to see Brazil get smoked yesterday. Now, I'm surprised at the goal total, but not surprised at them losing. 

Quote:IMO, Brazil is lucky to have gotten as far as they did. 

I expected them to lose in the previous game, vs. Columbia. Columbia played really well during this WC & I think Brazil was just spent after beating what I think was the better team (maybe not that particular day), but overall. It doesn't shock me to see Brazil get smoked yesterday. Now, I'm surprised at the goal total, but not surprised at them losing. 
i think alot of what happen yesterday was a result of brazil gettin down early and trying to hard to get it back... they ended up spreading their team out to much and left their D on an island against the german counter attack... when america played them, we were so defensive that we virtually eliminated their counter attack but we also eliminated our offense.... i said before the tournament started i thought brazil was way over rated but i dont think anyone would have guessed they would take a beating like that...brazil needed to go defensive after the second goal and put 10 men on thier side of the pitch but they never really did... they couldn't hold possession on thier attacks and as a result their D got slaughtered.

That and their defense sucked. And not just bad, absolutely, downright, horrible. 

Quote:<div>
That and their defense sucked. And not just bad, absolutely, downright, horrible. 
marcelo isnt that bad but he is only a LB so there is only so much he can do.. i think the absence of thiago silva really hurt their CB position.

its crazy because USA doesnt have a very good defense at all... omar gonzalez isn't even european quality but managed to look better than anything brazil had at cb,.we got that result because we gave them help from the mids... they didnt have to go up against the whole german atttack with 4 men... we had 8 men breaking to our side of the pitch every time germany had possession.... to me thats a cop out way to play but its part of the game.

i dont enjoy watching one team hold 60% possession just passing it around the 18 yard box because their opponent  has their whole team in front of goal... i think you find out who is the btter team by trying to stand up and trade goals with someone but, as we saw, thats also how you can get blown out...  imo if brazil had put david luiz at cb instead of CDM and put ramieres as a box to box cdm they could have competed... but they left two inexperienced CB's on an island against the counter attack and germany had a field day... thats what happens when you try and get in a shootout with a well rounded team and your defense sux.

</div>

I've lost count at how many times the Dutch have been called offsides.

Quote:I've lost count at how many times the Dutch have been called offsides.
Me too, but you only need one to be onside and that's enough. But I don't like how easily Argentina are moving up the Dutch left side. 

That was a decent American football tackle.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:That was a decent American football tackle.
I also noticed football is ahead of soccer in concussion awareness because the dude who nearly fainted would not be allowed back on the field in the NFL.

I can understand this game is boring for you neutral people but for me it's utterly nerve wrecking. 

Quote:I also noticed football is ahead of soccer in concussion awareness because the dude who nearly fainted would not be allowed back on the field in the NFL.

That's because soccer players are tougher than football players... (joke)

Quote:That's because soccer players are tougher than football players... (joke)
I find it amusing I see football fans on my Facebook feed talking about concussions and soccer fans have no idea what they're talking about. 

Another 30 minutes of this. Don't know if I can make it that long and don't even talk about a penalty shootout.

Quote:I can understand this game is boring for you neutral people but for me it's utterly nerve wrecking. 

This is much more entertaining than yesterday's match, except I do like watching hot Brazilian women (I presume) cry.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:This is much more entertaining than yesterday's match, except I do like watching hot Brazilian women (I presume) cry.
Brazil doesn't have a ladyboy culture, or so I heard. A friend told me. 

Quote:Brazil doesn't have a ladyboy culture, or so I heard. A friend told me. 

Rrriiiiight.   Wink

Quote:Rrriiiiight.   Wink
It's the truth. You wouldn't know my friend anyway, he's from Canada. I met him on vacation.

Quote:It's the truth. You wouldn't know my friend anyway, he's from Canada. I met him on vacation.

On vacation in Brazil?