Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 World Cup Discussion Thread

Post your predictions, thoughts, ideas, anything regarding the upcoming World Cup!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm really nervous about the Ghana match. They've had our number in the last two World Cups, and our back line scares me.

Best case for the US is they beat Ghana.   They are a decent team, but they don't have the talent or wins the US has.  They just seem to have our number.

We tie Portugal.  The good thing is Ronaldo is hurt, so that helps our chances.

Lose to Germany, just not by that much.

It's a tough challenge, but you never know what can happen.  The conditions there are going to suck, and I read earlier that the weather is so bad that they are having trouble growing an even playing surface.

The Netherlands are screwed. The US is screwed. We'll all be back to hating soccer in three weeks.

Quote:The Netherlands are screwed. The US is screwed. We'll all be back to hating soccer in three weeks.

Like Jesus intended.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm really nervous about the Ghana match. They've had our number in the last two World Cups, and our back line scares me.
The good news is that the black magic with doctors in Ghana are all over Portugal right now and not the US .

;

Quote:The Netherlands are screwed. The US is screwed. We'll all be back to hating soccer in three weeks.
Not I.

;

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014, 04:52 PM by badger.)

Ya we have 0 chance of getting out of the first round imo

Quote:Not I.
Poseur.

anybody going this Saturday?

Quote:Best case for the US is they beat Ghana.   They are a decent team, but they don't have the talent or wins the US has.  They just seem to have our number.

We tie Portugal.  The good thing is Ronaldo is hurt, so that helps our chances.

Lose to Germany, just not by that much.

It's a tough challenge, but you never know what can happen.  The conditions there are going to suck, and I read earlier that the weather is so bad that they are having trouble growing an even playing surface.
I beg to differ. Ghana has a more talented roster in my opinion. They have players like Michael Essien, Kevin Prince Boateng, and Sulley Muntari in their midfield. And their roster consists of guys that won the FIFA U-20 World Cup back in 2009. 

Quote:anybody going this Saturday?
Yeah I am. Pretty excited. 

Pretty awesome posters for each individual team done by ESPN. http://imgur.com/gallery/ZNH94

This isn't the same Ghana side which shocked the world four years ago. Players like Michael Essien are past their prime now. It'll still be tough though. I think it all depends what the US do against the losers of the Portugal-Germany match.

England on the other hand could be struggling with Italy and Uruguay in our group...

It's hard to see anyone other than Brazil winning this one.

Belgium, Germany and Nigeria could do well.

Has anyone got a "second" team, after the USA ?

Quote:Has anyone got a "second" team, after the USA ?

I bleed Red, white, and blue.  no second team

if I had to choose id pick Germany

Quote:Has anyone got a "second" team, after the USA ?

My grandmother is from Portugal. So I have a lot of uncles and cousins that are Portugal first. I will root for them when they do not play the US.

Quote:anybody going this Saturday?

I'll be there.  Section 140.

This is one of the more fun events I've gone to in Jacksonville. 

Quote:I'll be there.  Section 140.

This is one of the more fun events I've gone to in Jacksonville. 

There is an open practice at 5 today at the stadium too.

Free.

Quote:This isn't the same Ghana side which shocked the world four years ago. Players like Michael Essien are past their prime now. It'll still be tough though. I think it all depends what the US do against the losers of the Portugal-Germany match.

England on the other hand could be struggling with Italy and Uruguay in our group...

It's hard to see anyone other than Brazil winning this one.

Belgium, Germany and Nigeria could do well.

Has anyone got a "second" team, after the USA ?
True. Still though the talent is there. Should be a tough matchup regardless. I hope the US can figure out a way to pull off two wins. I don't see a win and a draw being enough.

England does have a tough group. Should be some great matches.

My second team would be Cambodia, but they're absolutely awful. I tend to enjoy watching Netherlands, Germany, South Korea, and Japan during international play though. I'll probably be rooting for Bosnia during this World Cup too. Always like to see 1st time teams do good, and I have some friends that are Bosnian. I usually root for at least 1 African team to do well too. 

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/usmnt-f...attendance

50k+ tickets sold for USA vs Nigeria   :thumbsup:

I keep rooting for Ireland and Scotland to actually qualify and they never do.