Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Week 1 - Jags @ commies ***

Yes it was an L but there was definite improvement. We put ourselves in a real hole 1st half but seeing the fight 2nd half gives me hope. Frustrating that once we got ahead we started to make mistakes again but it's week 1 and plenty of time to improve.

We go again next week. Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-11-2022, 04:27 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Still need an o-line. A tight end would be nice, too. But no, let's bring in another QB because we lost a game. I swear this fanbase is full of doomers. Lawrence didn't play amazing, but ffs we can at least give him the rest of the year before jumping on "LET'S DRAFT A QB".

There's a few on here who will delight in today's game; we accept trolls and Attention Whores here with all the dignity they are due.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We have to win at home next week. We can change the mind set if we win next week

(09-11-2022, 04:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have to win at home next week.  We can change the mind set if we win next week

It's doubly important because of a divisional foe.

I think we can beat the clots at home.

(09-11-2022, 04:25 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 04:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Meh. Bryce Young and CJ Stroud I think are being highly touted but you're going to need to move up I think.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lol, you're talking as if we won't have the number one overall pick.
We won't. A lot of technical issues today and missed opportunities with 2nd half asjustments is fixable.

Those things will help you win enough this year. Dropped TD pass, bad pass protection and 12 penalties for 120 yards is tough breaks.

The ability to overcome that was impressive and it came down to a deep TD shot late for Wentz to redeem himself. Pederson is rusty as a coach.

I was calling for a time out several times on Washington's last scoring drive and that big TD was the reason why. On that 3rd and 10 you let Wentz get close to snapping it but you call the time out there.

Forces them to rethink, regroup and reset while your defense gets the same chance. You got them to 3rd and 10. Reward your defense there. Especially a young defense with how many new faces on it? I mean. Come on now.

They'll learn from this.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We're just so conditioned to taking a loss.....it's time for this team to be a TEAM...and end it's losing ways.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 04:42 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-11-2022, 04:28 PM)enigma Wrote: How does someone say they don't expect much improvement from a 22-year old QB?

Lol.

Right because every 22 year old QB always show much improvement!

lulz

Guys remember all the improvement young Bortles showed? Gabbert too! also Trubisky, Jamarcus, Robert Griffin! lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-11-2022, 04:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 04:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm pretty satisfied with today's performance. We got meaningful football snaps late in the game and saw that JRob and ETN are both healthy. I don't think we had any injuries to speak of and the youngsters got their first game on the books. Team is a work in progress as expected and has some things to clean up for next week.

Satisfied with another loss?  [BLEEP] that, I hope our coach and players don't feel that way.  Losing mentality at its finest.

I certainly don't think that Doug Pederson is crying in his beer about how he has to draft a new QB next year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don’t think the o-line is as bad as the reaction here is. They aren’t elite but they’re serviceable. Just need to call less long developing plays or continue coaching Trevor to make his reads quicker. Not sure who to blame there, but it felt like a lot of plays were down the field pass plays. Calling more run plays which were working well all game and calling more quick slants or screens might do well to help a young QB out.

(09-11-2022, 04:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don’t think the o-line is as bad as the reaction here is.  They aren’t elite but they’re serviceable.  Just need to call less long developing plays or continue coaching Trevor to make his reads quicker.  Not sure who to blame there, but it felt like a lot of plays were down the field pass plays.  Calling more run plays which were working well all game and calling more quick slants or screens might do well to help a young QB out.

I want more runs in the run pass balance.

We left too many points on the field.

I'm not happy about going for 2 or going for it on 4th down that far away from the goal line so early in the game.

The dynamics at the end of the game would have been so much different.

(09-11-2022, 04:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don’t think the o-line is as bad as the reaction here is. They aren’t elite but they’re serviceable. Just need to call less long developing plays or continue coaching Trevor to make his reads quicker. Not sure who to blame there, but it felt like a lot of plays were down the field pass plays. Calling more run plays which were working well all game and calling more quick slants or screens might do well to help a young QB out.
It's a lot of new faces trying to gel and familiar faces with rust to shake off. Really not sweating this loss.

Coaching has to improve as well. The adjustments were great. The decision making was even great in some instances.

Would have liked to have seen Doug reign his team in though once it was 22 - 20 and they had that offense on a 3rd and 10 situation.

Call a timeout. Recover, regroup and rethink. Shows Washington's hand on offense. Makes them have to potentially change their play call there.

There's some good things in this loss. Defense flashed. Offense showed some bounce back in them. Just need to tighten up in situational downs and balance the game out a little more offensively.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

What a meltdown for week one

(09-11-2022, 04:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don’t think the o-line is as bad as the reaction here is.  They aren’t elite but they’re serviceable.  Just need to call less long developing plays or continue coaching Trevor to make his reads quicker.  Not sure who to blame there, but it felt like a lot of plays were down the field pass plays.  Calling more run plays which were working well all game and calling more quick slants or screens might do well to help a young QB out.

A few screen plays would have calmed down their pass rush.

I don't recall us running any.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 04:42 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-11-2022, 04:40 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: What a meltdown for week one
New here?

(09-11-2022, 04:41 PM)Predator Wrote:

Yep. Said the same earlier on after Jack started bringing it. Punch - Counter Punch.

Ben Bartch was over matched all day. I lost count on how many times he let guys by him with ease. He was terrible.

Even without Young, the Redskins still have a good DL. Their WRs are going to give teams trouble all season long as well.

I hope our Coaching staff's biggest take away from this game is that they must focus on running the ball more next week and going forward. It was working and working well. JRob looked like his old self.

(09-11-2022, 04:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
It's a lot of new faces trying to gel and familiar faces with rust to shake off. Really not sweating this loss.

Coaching has to improve as well. The adjustments were great. The decision making was even great in some instances.

Would have liked to have seen Doug reign his team in though once it was 22 - 20 and they had that offense on a 3rd and 10 situation.

Call a timeout. Recover, regroup and rethink. Shows Washington's hand on offense. Makes them have to potentially change their play call there.

There's some good things in this loss. Defense flashed. Offense showed some bounce back in them. Just need to tighten up in situational downs and balance the game out a little more offensively.

I would have liked to see some hurry-up and draw running from Etienne on the last drive.

The Redskins weren't expecting the run and the Jags had times out, they should have run one or twice to start the drive.

(09-11-2022, 04:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 04:40 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: What a meltdown for week one
New here?

(09-11-2022, 04:41 PM)Predator Wrote: A few screen plays would have calmed down their pass rush.

Yep. Said the same earlier on after Jack started bringing it. Punch - Counter Punch.

Lol I woke up and saw we were winning just and did get hopeful

Next time I checked we had lost  oh well

(09-11-2022, 04:41 PM)Predator Wrote:

As many time as they blitzed we didn't call 1 screen.  I didn't like the play calling overall on either side of the ball today

Trevor sucks but this is also on coaching and kicking. Why did we gonfornit on 4th? Easy field goal. Why did we go for two? Easy points were thrown away for nothing