Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Week 1 - Jags @ commies ***

Welcome to the first regular season Official Game Day Thread of 2022. Today at 1pm Eastern the Jacksonville Jaguars begin their season with a visit to play the Washington Redskins football team commanders at Fedex Field in Landover, Maryland. New head coach Doug Pederson brings an established, winning culture of professionalism to a team that was saddled last season with the worst head coach in NFL history. Pederson brings a creative offensive style and will call his own plays this year. The expectation of many is that 2nd year man Trevor Lawrence will make a big jump because of his presence on the sideline and the addition of offensive weapons Christian Kirk, Zay Jones, and Evan Engram. The running backs will look to get on track as James Robinson and Travis ETN both return from injured reserve and rookie Snoop Connor joins the room. On the defensive side Josh Allen will finally have some help as number 1 overall pick Travon Walker and number 27 overall pick Devon Lloyd join the Jaguars LB corps. Along with free agent acquisitions Foley Fatukasi and Foyesade Oluokun and the elevation of Andre Cisco from the bench to the field the middle of the Jaguars defense already looks to be significantly better than last year's crew. The commies will start Carson Wentz under center and will be without starting safety Kamren Curl and Brian Robinson, the touted rookie running back who was shot in an attempted car jacking a week ago. The commies are 3 point favorites but many of the experts are picking the Jags in an upset.

Game time weather is 80 degrees and partly cloudy. The game will be shown in the local market on Fox30.

Thoughts, comments, observations, ruminations, sniping, and plenty of snark to follow throughout the night and morning.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 03:34 AM by Holger. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don’t know what the crossed-out Redskins reference is trying to accomplish here.

Anyway the season starts today, and we should enjoy it while it lasts. It will be over very quick.

That might be true for this Jaguars team too. The cap situation is not great, and there are key players on expiring contracts. The team could see some of these leave after the season. Hope they make the most of this year!

(09-11-2022, 03:33 AM)Holger Wrote: I don’t know what the crossed-out Redskins reference is trying to accomplish here.

Anyway the season starts today, and we should enjoy it while it lasts. It will be over very quick.

That might be true for this Jaguars team too. The cap situation is not great, and there are key players on expiring contracts. The team could see some of these leave after the season. Hope they make the most of this year!

(09-11-2022, 03:33 AM)Holger Wrote: I don’t know what the crossed-out Redskins reference is trying to accomplish here.

Anyway the season starts today, and we should enjoy it while it lasts. It will be over very quick, let’s hope the Jags play as many games as possible.

That might be true for a good part of the Jaguars team too. The cap situation is not great, and there are key players on expiring contracts. The team could see some of these leave after the season. Hope they make the most of this year!

Probably to trigger skins fans such as yourself. Seems to have worked.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 03:41 AM by Holger. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-11-2022, 03:38 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Probably to trigger skins fans such as yourself. Seems to have worked.

Yeah my comment after the first paragraph clearly shows I am a die hard skins fan

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 03:52 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well hopefully this era of Jaguars football starts off on the right foot.  I like what we changed defensively,  we should see good things from Josh Allen and Travon Walker as edge rushers and hybrid coverage guys.  Not sure what to think about the secondary,  that is of big concern.

All-in-all it's one game and a non-conference game at that.  But it counts,  so that is exciting.  We basically don't have a kicker so the offense needs to move the ball and finish drives.  I don't think Washington is a good team at all but I would be surprised if we pick up the opening day road victory. Lawrence needs protection and needs to take a step forward. The offense is tailored to him and he has to start winning us some games.

#becausejaguars

(09-11-2022, 03:51 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Well hopefully this era of Jaguars football starts off on the right foot.  I like what we changed defensively,  we should see good things from Josh Allen and Travon Walker as edge rushers and hybrid coverage guys.  Not sure what to think about the secondary,  that is of big concern.

All-in-all it's one game and a non-conference game at that.  But it counts,  so that is exciting.  We basically don't have a kicker so the offense needs to move the ball and finish drives.  I don't think Washington is a good team at all but I would be surprised if we pick up the opening day road victory.  Lawrence needs protection and needs to take a step forward.  The offense is tailored to him and he has to start winning us some games.

#becausejaguars

Secondary is probably our strongest unit on the team.

My gut tells me to expect sloppy offense, solid defense and a loss by double digits.

But heres to hoping im wrong and it all goes right for once.

Oh no the TE is wide open again! Lol let's go JJs

I'm sure it's just based on past experience, but I have a bad feeling we're going to lay an egg, with all the subsequent humiliation and depression we've become used to over the past few seasons.

Intellectually, I know we are much better than last year. But I don't want to get my hopes up and have them crushed again.

Locally, they’re predicting low 70s and heavy rain at game time with a possibility of thunderstorms. I will, of course, be braving the elements. I just really don’t want to deal with a lightning delay.

Finally. Let the speculation end and, hopefully, the successful season begin.

Tonight Trevor will end up with >250 yds, no interceptions. Wentz on the other hand will leave Florida with <200 yds and more interceptions that touchdowns.

(09-11-2022, 07:02 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Finally. Let the speculation end and, hopefully, the successful season begin.

Tonight Trevor will end up with >250 yds, no interceptions. Wentz on the other hand will leave Florida with <200 yds and more interceptions that touchdowns.

The game is in MD, but I like your prediction otherwise.

I want the jags to win of course,but  new coach,and all im just asking them to so signs they will be more cpmptive,and not get blowen out.  Again i want jags to win.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-11-2022, 01:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Welcome to the first regular season Official Game Day Thread of 2022.

Technically it's their 3rd regular season game this year, they played 2 regular season games in January Big Grin

(09-11-2022, 05:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm sure it's just based on past experience, but I have a bad feeling we're going to lay an egg, with all the subsequent humiliation and depression we've become used to over the past few seasons. 

Intellectually, I know we are much better than last year.  But I don't want to get my hopes up and have them crushed again.

I feel the same.  Just too jaded.  While the weather should impact both teams equally, I hope we don't have any fluke-ish rain impacted turnovers early in the game.

Aight I want a nice surprise when I wake up tommorow morning and not wolfie with no socks on

I’ll see very few games live this year.  Not even at the sports bar(s).  One of my regular workdays at the course is Sunday. Sad  Most games I’ll get to see will be replays DVRed from NFL Network.  Oddly, the only game I’ll get to watch real time is when we go back to Pittsburgh for my wife’s class reunion in two weeks.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-11-2022, 08:36 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’ll see very few games live this year.  Not even at the sports bar(s).  One of my regular workdays at the course is Sunday. Sad  Most games I’ll get to see will be replays DVRed from NFL Network.  Oddly, the only game I’ll get to watch real time is when we go back to Pittsburgh for my wife’s class reunion in two weeks.

of course i would love to see Jags win other games as well.  I definttly hope they win vs Pittsburgh when your there live for your sake.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 08:41 AM by Mowerguy. Edited 1 time in total.)

With urban just a bad memory, we can move on finally and find out just what our team can do.
Go Jags!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

FINALLY! It's Game Day. The final outcome is yet to be determined to say the least. Simply playing well, play calling efficiency (both sides of the ball), sustaining offensive drives and playing Lights Out on D is my Only Expetation. If so, we'll be seriously competitive.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"