Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prince Amukamara...how much?

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2017, 11:48 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:Now youre just switching your stance. First you implied it used to be expected around the league to get double digits. Your exact words were "at least double digits. Now your pivoting to make this about motivation and dreams and that means nothing.

Face it my man double digits isnt a reasonable expectation, if ramsey wants to dream about it he can all he wants 10 interceptions is a very very high bar and isnt just an expected result.
Im switching my stance to what?? I still believe in what i stated ...Even if i pivoted im still at the same point... Which is that not just cb, but qb, rb, and wr and de... All have expectations for a season... If you a real football fan, you have heard of 10 sacks a year if your a De... Thats what players looked to achieve.. There was a standard they wanted to meet... Hmm 100 yards a game as a rb.. At least 3000 yards as a Qb.. I can go on.

Just because expectations werent met doesnt mean their wasnt any from media, players, coach, and fans..

Still on my pivot.. Lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How many times since 1980 has someone got more than 10 picks? Twice.

Back in the days indeed......the really, really old days.

Like 27 times in history has a player got more than 10 picks.....

21 of those were before 1970.

Yall missing the point...

If i told yall Jordan expected to win 10 nba titles when he played basketball .... That doesnt mean thats what he had to accomplish.. That means thats what he used to motivate himself to greatness... All the greats have expevtations.. That never means they meet them...

Tell me going into a season do you believe athletes have expectation?

At one point you just have to stop digging the hole....

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2017, 12:17 AM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:Yall missing the point...

If i told yall Jordan expected to win 10 nba titles when he played basketball .... That doesnt mean thats what he had to accomplish.. That means thats what he used to motivate himself to greatness... All the greats have expevtations.. That never means they meet them...

No one is missing the point, youre just changing the point

You started off trying to say that double digit interceptions was a regular occurence at one time

then when you found out that was wrong you changed to "nah i meant motivation and dreams"

No one cares about what fantasies you think these guys use for motivation. What were telling you is that your statement "Back in the days it was expected of a cb to get 10 picks a year at least" hasnt been accurate for 40 years, and even 40 years ago that statement wasnt accurate because the highs were double digit and not the average. My man youre wrong just let it go

Quote:Yall missing the point...

I actually read it the way you are explaining. I remember back when the Pro Bowl was important and Mathis made it with 8 int's. Basically any CB who had anything close to 10 automatically made the Pro Bowl.

Quote:Im switching my stance to what?? I still believe in what i stated ...Even if i pivoted im still at the same point... Which is that not just cb, but qb, rb, and wr and de... All have expectations for a season... If you a real football fan, you have heard of 10 sacks a year if your a De... Thats what players looked to achieve.. There was a standard they wanted to meet... Hmm 100 yards a game as a rb.. At least 3000 yards as a Qb.. I can go on.

Just because expectations werent met doesnt mean their wasnt any from media, players, coach, and fans..

Still on my pivot.. Lol

Sure, 10 sacks for a starting DE is a reasonable expectation, as is 100-yard games for a RB and 3000 yards in a season for a QB. Those are all fine examples of expectations. But 10 INTs for a CB was never an expectation in any era, and to continue to suggest it was is just flat out stupid. You'd think you'd at least save some face by admitting you were wrong.

'02

Quote:Sure, 10 sacks for a starting DE is a reasonable expectation, as is 100-yard games for a RB and 3000 yards in a season for a QB. Those are all fine examples of expectations. But 10 INTs for a CB was never an expectation in any era, and to continue to suggest it was is just flat out stupid. You'd think you'd at least save some face by admitting you were wrong.
Yea when cbs show they can get ints. 

The ball is thrown in the opposite direction?

Why is that?

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Yea when cbs show they can get ints.

The ball is thrown in the opposite direction?

Why is that?

Seriously

Also keep in mind that Prince is strictly a man corner. That's not to say he can't play zone, but that's not his main thing. It's like ARob is strictly a split end, but that doesn't mean he can't play other WR positions. At any rate, Prince primarily plays man, and that's not really conducive toward getting INTs. I recall an interview with Aaron Beasley talking about how great he was at getting the INT returns... and he was one of the best at that. AB explained that it's much easier to get INTs playing zone, and that he primarily played in zone coverage.

'02

Quote:Also keep in mind that Prince is strictly a man corner. That's not to say he can't play zone, but that's not his main thing. It's like ARob is strictly a split end, but that doesn't mean he can't play other WR positions. At any rate, Prince primarily plays man, and that's not really conducive toward getting INTs. I recall an interview with Aaron Beasley talking about how great he was at getting the INT returns... and he was one of the best at that. AB explained that it's much easier to get INTs playing zone, and that he primarily played in zone coverage.

It makes sense.  It's much easier to get an INT in zone coverage when there is space between a receiver and a defender, especially if the defender is facing the right way and can see the ball coming.  In man coverage, the defender needs to be able to break a possible reception up.  Jalen Ramsey is good at that.

My guess is that the trend is going towards younger guys and faster guys for the CB position.  While Prince is skilled, he joins a relatively long list of CB's available in free agency.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Jaguars select a new DB in the early rounds of the draft with hopes that they can get another Jalen Ramsey.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Another Ramsey?

Mmmmmmmnnnaahhhhh

Championship
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:No one is missing the point, youre just changing the point

You started off trying to say that double digit interceptions was a regular occurence at one time

then when you found out that was wrong you changed to "nah i meant motivation and dreams"

No one cares about what fantasies you think these guys use for motivation. What were telling you is that your statement "Back in the days it was expected of a cb to get 10 picks a year at least" hasnt been accurate for 40 years, and even 40 years ago that statement wasnt accurate because the highs were double digit and not the average. My man youre wrong just let it go

No buddy you wrong, you believe just because nobody wasn't reaching it that often that it wasn't expectations.. Well it was...

Quote:Sure, 10 sacks for a starting DE is a reasonable expectation, as is 100-yard games for a RB and 3000 yards in a season for a QB. Those are all fine examples of expectations. But 10 INTs for a CB was never an expectation in any era, and to continue to suggest it was is just flat out stupid. You'd think you'd at least save some face by admitting you were wrong.

Why would I admit that I'm wrong when I grew up watching,playing and coaching football my entire life.. Because you don't know about it, doesn't make me wrong..

Wait, I am confused. Prince isn't worth 4M a year because corners don't get 10 interceptions anymore?

Quote:Wait, I am confused. Prince isn't worth 4M a year because corners don't get 10 interceptions anymore?
Everyone but Yo Boy it seems would be happy with 8 million per with 4 INTs from their CB#2.  But we are clearly just settling for mediocrity. 

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 12:58 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Everyone but Yo Boy it seems would be happy with 8 million per with 4 INTs from their CB#2. But we are clearly just settling for mediocrity.
He dont understand. Todays corner defends the pass. Rather then play the ball.

And honestly that is actually smarter. The ones with 10 ints back in day. What ya did not see?

Is how many times didnt get int and got beat deep.

#Gojags

Quote:Why would I admit that I'm wrong when I grew up watching,playing and coaching football my entire life.. Because you don't know about it, doesn't make me wrong..

So you're STILL maintaining that 10 INTs a season was an expectation at one time for starting CBs?

When precisely was this, and who are the players getting all those INTs?

Keep in mind, if all of those players who did get 10 INTs are in the HOF, then I'm still nowhere near buying that getting as many was an "expectation." Seriously, where are you getting this from? I don't mind learning something about football history that I didn't know, but to me this just sounds ridiculous. To be clear, I'm maintaining that 10 INTs would have been an incredible feat in any football era meaning that any player acquiring as many would have well exceeded expectations doing as much... and moreover that said player is probably in the HOF.

'02

Quote:So you're STILL maintaining that 10 INTs a season was an expectation at one time for starting CBs?

When precisely was this, and who are the players getting all those INTs?

Keep in mind, if all of those players who did get 10 INTs are in the HOF, then I'm still nowhere near buying that getting as many was an "expectation." Seriously, where are you getting this from? I don't mind learning something about football history that I didn't know, but to me this just sounds ridiculous. To be clear, I'm maintaining that 10 INTs would have been an incredible feat in any football era meaning that any player acquiring as many would have well exceeded expectations doing as much... and moreover that said player is probably in the HOF.

It also means if play the ball and miss the int they can and have on many occasions gotten beat. 

#Gojags