Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stupid. Stupid Stupid Decision

Quote:As far as facilitating good and substantive football discussion, Facebook and twitter are poor substitutes for this forum.
No question about it. It is terrible. I just commented on a post in the Jags forum. I am active on FB and Twitter among other things that the Jags are on social media wise. For the most part, minus some likes, shares, and retweets, there is nothing.

It's sad.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You can't bond as a group in 140 characters or less, it just can't happen.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I can't think of many actual game losses that impacted me as badly as this decision.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 10:29 AM by Ringo.)

Quote:You can't bond as a group in 140 characters or less, it just can't happen.
True.There were waaaay more than 140 characters on this board.

We've argued, insulted , debated and sometimes agreed here....but as the old saying goes...don't know what ya got till it's gone.

My two cents,after the fact ,is, the political board was a mistake. It created a few hard feelings...yet brought out personalities.

In the end, we were all. Mostly all, Jag fans.

That's what the arts and sports do. They bond. One common denominator.

After that we're all bozos on this bus...long live Monty Python.
Blakes Life Matters

This definately sucks, I'll miss this board and the people here

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Out before the board gets shut down...y'all have a nice life.

I mean that!!

Have you seen my baseball?

Yup, definitely feeling slightly melancholy over the situation. I hope someone has a change of heart or comes up with another viable option.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Yet John Oehser's column lives on. He is the real problem here.

@Jagwyred on twitter.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Hey -- just thought it would be a good idea to establish a group point of contract summary so we can migrate to another board once this one shuts down.

If anyone is interested, just list your cell phone number or something so we can reach ya once we get a new independent board up and running (or migrate to an existing Board).

Here's mine

--- HURRICANE!!  (now going by DARKSTAR and will most likely in the future so everyone doesn't continue to think I'm a U of Miami fan).

It's a horrible idea to post your cell number or any other personal information. Think of how many trolls there are on this board. This is just begging for the person behind JW's account to prank you. It's just not a good idea. You should send that stuff in a PM. 

Quote:Yup, definitely feeling slightly melancholy over the situation. I hope someone has a change of heart or comes up with another viable option.

Perhaps maybe we start a petition to keep the board open? I'm not sure how many are active posters here but I'd say 30k signatures or so should be a big enough chunk of this fan base to get some folks attention.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hey. Let's all go down in a blaze of glory....we will not go silently. Fight for banishment.

Ban me you mother piss.

In the meantime

Anyone interested in getting together? Maybe Intuition down town. Put names to a face? No fists.

Pound a few cold ones, share a few yucks, apologies and back slaps?

Maybe start a new get together thread before the the guards slam the gates and spread the razor wire?
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Perhaps maybe we start a petition to keep the board open? I'm not sure how many are active posters here but I'd say 30k signatures or so should be a big enough chunk of this fan base to get some folks attention.

Not going to matter. Best bet is to find a way to migrate the current board. Even then, non-frequent users won't know the new URL. Uphill climb for sure.

Many of us have gone to the Jaguars reddit. 

I HIGHLY recommend going there, as it really is a great community full of great fans and great discussions.

Here's our welcome thread for all of you: [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comments/6c4z7d/official_welcome_message_from_the_jaguars_forum/%C2][/url]

We are Jaguars.

@Frailblazer on Twitter

Lots of hot hot takes lol

Quote:Not going to matter. Best bet is to find a way to migrate the current board. Even then, non-frequent users won't know the new URL. Uphill climb for sure.
The Jaguars subreddit is a fantastic place. Would love to have you there.

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comments/6c4z7d/official_welcome_message_from_the_jaguars_forum/%C2][/url]

We are Jaguars.

For those of you on Facebook, I started a group where we can discuss our options or a new board and to ensure everyone is informed once we do have something in place. As long as you post here you're welcome to join the group.

Here's the link...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">https://www.facebook.com/groups/234734743677492/

As long as you're in this group you will be fully informed so there is no need to actually leave a phone or email here.

'02

Quote:Many of us have gone to the Jaguars reddit. 

I HIGHLY recommend going there, as it really is a great community full of great fans and great discussions.

Here's our welcome thread for all of you: 

I'm not seeing the link.

'02

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 11:01 AM by BoldCityDigital.)

On Reddit as "BoldCityDigital"

You can also find me on WE ARE JAGUARS on Facebook.

[Image: 33yq44j.gif]

Keep in touch on Facebook: WE ARE JAGUARS

Quote:Hey. Let's all go down in a blaze of glory....we will not go silently. Fight for banishment.

Ban me you mother [BAD WORD REMOVED].

In the meantime

Anyone interested in getting together? Maybe Intuition down town. Put names to a face? No fists.

Pound a few cold ones, share a few yucks, apologies and back slaps?

Maybe start a new get together thread before the the guards slam the gates and spread the razor wire?

I'm down.

Find me on Reddit as "BoldCityDigital"

You can also find me on WE ARE JAGUARS on Facebook.

[Image: 33yq44j.gif]

Keep in touch on Facebook: WE ARE JAGUARS