Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting quotes from the players

Quote:I'm gonna guess Evans is one of the culprits.

You mean Guy

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Does anyone know what Poz said to Kirk Cousins....

God hates me. First half of my career with Buffalo. The second half in Doooval.

The big guy must truly hate me.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:You mean Guy

Why is everyone always quick to name Evans? Guy botches every coverage we have just about.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Cecil was backing Henne but he was clearly blaming somebody else without saying who. So throw the rest of the offense under the bus to go out your way to cape up for Henne. Pretty cool. I didn't watch his interview because like Bradley I don't care to hear what they have to say. They both suck right now.

CRAP... all of it CRAP. Henne is GARBAGE. He holds onto the ball too long, too quick to try and check down, DEFENSES KNOW what henne can do, that is why we will NEVER win with him as QB. We need a QB that will complete some passes and that will FORCE the defense to stop loading the box with defenders, thus getting better performance from our O-LINE and our RB... It's not rocket science, it is FOOTBALL

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Shorts is right. Fans will always have an opinion, but tv is limited in what it shows. You can't see what a QB sees from television. You don't know the coverages or anything. And even if fans had access to coaches tape they wouldn't truly know what they were looking at anyway. Fans like to think they know a lot about football, but the truth is we know very little. If you stuck us in a QB meeting we would be utterly lost.

Blake:  "I'm confused too.  I mean, why don't the coaches like me?"

Quote:Shorts is right. Fans will always have an opinion, but tv is limited in what it shows. You can't see what a QB sees from television. You don't know the coverages or anything. And even if fans had access to coaches tape they wouldn't truly know what they were looking at anyway. Fans like to think they know a lot about football, but the truth is we know very little. If you stuck us in a QB meeting we would be utterly lost.
One does not need to be able to see or comprehend all the intricacies of football to be able to determine below average QB play. If a QB is good, everyone knows this, if they suck tremendously everybody also knows. I know what I know about Henne.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Shorts is right. Fans will always have an opinion, but tv is limited in what it shows. You can't see what a QB sees from television. You don't know the coverages or anything. And even if fans had access to coaches tape they wouldn't truly know what they were looking at anyway. Fans like to think they know a lot about football, but the truth is we know very little. If you stuck us in a QB meeting we would be utterly lost.

All that football knowledge has served them well in their stay at the bottom of the league in passing the past 4 years.

As Lageman said on 1010 today, he'd have said the same thing if Bortles was the starter. You don't publicly throw a teammate under the bus (unless your Chad Henne complaining about rookie wide receivers). This is a whole lot of nothing.

Quote:As Lageman said on 1010 today, he'd have said the same thing if Bortles was the starter. You don't publicly throw a teammate under the bus (unless your Chad Henne complaining about rookie wide receivers). This is a whole lot of nothing.

Well, short of about a quarter and a half, all I have seen from the Jags is a whole lot of nothing.

When are we fans going to see something?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Maybe the team should be watching TV so they can see what the rest of the nation is seeing.
Tell it Hurricane!!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

except for everybody is saying start Bortles. that's including football people. so, i guess they don't know football either?

Quote:except for everybody is saying start Bortles. that's including football people. so, i guess they don't know football either?

It's easy to say it from outside the organization.  Are any of these people clamoring for him to start now actually involved in practices, or sitting in on meetings? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It's easy to say it from outside the organization.  Are any of these people clamoring for him to start now actually involved in practices, or sitting in on meetings? 
Does it really matter?

The people who make those decisions are failing this team.  I think it's best going against the grain

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Does it really matter?

The people who make those decisions are failing this team.  I think it's best going against the grain

I would have to disagree with you.

Yes it does matter and to fans that want to "win right now" and "start Bortles now" the concept of having a plan and sticking to it just doesn't sink in.

Nobody on this message board outside of a few real "homer fans" predicted or even expected the Jaguars to be really good this year.  I would venture to say that front office personell and coaches pretty much had the same idea.

Nothing turns around immediatly whether it's a NFL Franchise or a multi-million dollar company.  Success comes from planning, believing and sticking to the plan, and it comes over time.  From a management perspective, getting the rest of the employees (team) to buy into the plan is the challenge.

This coaching staff has players that have bought into the whole plan.  As long as they "stay on course" the wins will soon come.  I don't see the coaches or Front Office staff "failing this team", I see them making the tough decisions, enduring the reaction of the press and fans, and sticking with the long term plan to make this a winning franchise.

The goal this week is Sunday's game.  The result that we want to see is improvement.  While a win would be nice, the main objective is to just get better.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Yeah, actually it does.  Those people actually have a say in when he starts.  Outside opinions are completely irrelevant to the process.  You say they're failing the team, but again, you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes to know that for sure.  Going against the grain just to do so doesn't make it the factually correct thing to do for the team or the player. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The people who make those decisions are failing this team. I think it's best going against the grain

Repeat after me: Second year of rebuild. Second youngest roster in the league. Second game of the season. Now breathe.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Yeah, actually it does.  Those people actually have a say in when he starts.  Outside opinions are completely irrelevant to the process.  You say they're failing the team, but again, you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes to know that for sure.  Going against the grain just to do so doesn't make it the factually correct thing to do for the team or the player. 
When this team continues to get blown out following the coaches game plan yes it is smart to not follow that same path.

What is the definition of insanity?  Because the plan this whole regime has laid out is blowing up in the fans faces. 

Going against the grain is different then whats going on now.  It can't get any wore and who knows could get better.

Quote:Repeat after me: Second year of rebuild. Second youngest roster in the league. Second game of the season. Now breathe.
Yes so that's 2 offseasons in obtaining talent and 2 offseaons for the coaches to work out a plan.  I don't think anyone is asking this team to win that much but not even being competitive after 2 offseasons is not acceptable.   I believe the Colts are going to slap us at home again next week and wonder if you will keep singing that same toon.

Just like the Gene Smith era when people on here kept preaching "patienece."  It's not always a good thing.