Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Blake Bortles ready to start?

Quote:That's from March...
no one player is gonna throw another player under a bus.. I.e coaches aren't gonna throw players under the bus either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Did you actually watch the game yesterday? That line is horrible.

Henne stepped up into the pocket exactly 0 times.

Here's a quote from Robert Mays of Grantland:

"Jacksonville’s struggles in this game are almost impossible to believe. Chad Henne was sacked 10 times. Seriously. Washington got to him 10 times, including four from Ryan Kerrigan. It did this on 40 drop-backs, which is a truly astonishing rate. The Jags were in passing mode because they were down 21 about midway through the second quarter, but it also might have had something to do with them averaging 1.1 yards per carry on Toby Gerhart’s seven runs. Typically, people start clamoring for the rookie quarterback around this time, but Bortles doesn’t deserve this."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-we...rew-brees/

Quote:That's from March...

Point is, players arent gonna bite the hand that feeds them. Supported Dave and Byron til the end too. Publicly, they'll follow the company line.

Quote:Henne stepped up into the pocket exactly 0 times.

Yeah, I watched replays of all of those sacks, and if he had "stepped up" he'd have been severely injured.  They weren't looping around the edge, they were coming straight at him unblocked. 

Bortles does not deserve what?

All I have to say is, anyone who wants to put Bortles in there right now must really hate the guy.  I can't think of a more dangerous situation for the future of our franchise quarterback. 

Yeah, let's take our prized rookie QB and throw him in this dumpster fire!

No thanks, i'd keep him comfortably where he is until the offense shows some semblance of stability.  Why throw him out there now?  We aren't going to the playoffs, that's already painfully clear.  The only thing to do now is accept where we're at, and try to make the best decisions for the future.  God i'm sick of thinking that.

Quote:All I have to say is, anyone who wants to put Bortles in there right now must really hate the guy.  I can't think of a dangerous situation for the future of our franchise quarterback. 

No, anybody who wants Bortles to start now is clearly in denial about the importance of fixing our offensive line and running game first. Correct those problems and Blake will be fine.

Quote:Yeah, let's take our prized rookie QB and throw him in this dumpster fire!

No thanks, i'd keep him comfortably where he is until the offense shows some semblance of stability.  Why throw him out there now?  We aren't going to the playoffs, that's already painfully clear.  The only thing to do now is accept where we're at, and try to make the best decisions for the future.  God i'm sick of thinking that.

So am I.  Gus is going to need some solid brass balls to stick to his guns at this point.  

On the other hand, Gus is responsible for this dumpster fire, so I have a lot less sympathy than I would otherwise. 

Quote:No, anybody who wants Bortles to start now is clearly in denial about the importance of fixing our offensive line and running game first. Correct those problems and Blake will be fine.

I guess we can look forward to us seeing Bortles sometime late 2016 early 2017 then, if we're lucky.

Quote:I guess we can look forward to us seeing Bortles sometime late 2016 early 2017 then, if we're lucky.
Yes, because that's EXACTLY what people here, or within the organization are saying, right? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I guess we can look forward to us seeing Bortles sometime late 2016 early 2017 then, if we're lucky.

It will not take that long to get Pasztor back, promote Bowanko, and do a better job coaching all five guys. Even if we just improve a little without fixing everything, Bortles can help the line.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 05:54 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Bye week or mathematical elimination week would be my guess. He still is a rookie qb and needs time. Would like to see him in there now but I can understand them wanting to be at a certain level before starting.  

Quote:Yes, because that's EXACTLY what people here, or within the organization are saying, right? 

I was going by what JW said.  This team will be lucky if they have the OL and running game fixed by next season.  There is likely one if not two starters needed, at the minimum, and that's if Linder develops.

I'm saying the OL and running game don't have to be fixed for Bortles to start, that's my opinion.  If people think they do then that's theirs.

Quote:Bye week or mathematical elimination week would be my guess. He still is a rookie qb and needs time. Would like to see him in there now but I can understand them wanting to be at a certain level before starting.  

I think we will definitely see Bortles before being mathematically eliminated because that happens in December. If he is ready before the bye week, I want to see him play.

Quote:I think we will definitely see Bortles before being mathematically eliminated because that happens in December. If he is ready before the bye week, I want to see him play.
Oh, is that so? Sorry i don't mean to pick on you but i'm in a bad mood. Tongue

Quote:I think we will definitely see Bortles before being mathematically eliminated because that happens in December. If he is ready before the bye week, I want to see him play.
The way this team looks right now we might see it in early November 

Quote:I was going by what JW said.  This team will be lucky if they have the OL and running game fixed by next season.  There is likely one if not two starters needed, at the minimum, and that's if Linder develops.

I'm saying the OL and running game don't have to be fixed for Bortles to start, that's my opinion.  If people think they do then that's theirs.

We need one more offseason to get some better offensive linemen. Bowanko and Linder are rookies and this is Joeckel's first year on the left side, so over time they will all get better.

Things that are REALLY alarming: Gus said the receivers and henne have trust issues. He also said they've already scaled the playbook back A LOT for the rookies.