Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage

Quote:Wow! What a perfect example of 1955 thought. You were clearly born out of your time. Oklahomie is exactly right. You are using, practically word for word, the same arguments that were used by the segregationists in the '50s. Do you know where this may lead! Obviously the republic has fallen and it's all due to "those people".

I have no doubt you truly believe this. You're not alone. Thankfully most (not all) who agree with you are elderly, bitter people who bemoan the fact that the world has changed. But they are dying off and their political influence is diminishing daily.

I'm pretty conservative politically and libertarian by nature socially. But this is about human rights. Conservatives in the past have been in the forefront of protecting freedom and the right to be who you are and what you are. And the backwards thoughts of people worried about  "what this could evolve into" (they may start marrying each other!) isn't going to turn back the clock to 1955.

Adam,  I respectfully disagree with you.   I can't express enough that from the mindset of myself and many others,   there's a 180 degrees difference between blacks having equal rights compared to the ' Gay Marriage' and other social issues.  Again,  it gets back to religious reasons.    Because I don't want this thread to be delated,  it's best that we agree to disagree.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't consider the two subjects equals as the liberals are so badly trying to make it out to be. 

IMO, sexual preferences/ perversions are a different entity than being born a certain race or a certain gender. 

You can act like what I said in post 59 as folly, but I think theres a lot of sense there. Do you honestly think that once this whole gay movement becomes "normal" that there won't then start to be a need for more perverse ways to satisfy these people sexually?? Over time/ generations it will evolve into the next thing and so on. It just doesn't stay "status quo". It will start out with a "fringe" again, and then that fringe will demand equality until (incest/ polygamy/ pedophilia/ [BAD WORD REMOVED]) or whatever their fancy at that point becomes "normal". 

Well stated again,  TMD!

Quote: 

Why did you capitalize "gay marriage" up there?

Maybe for the same reason D6 did on this very page.

Quote:Re:NOM and SPLC

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Like I expressed earlier in this thread,   I'm glad that both sides are still able to express their views in this country.   I oppose the other side practically 100 % but it would be worse if they couldn't express their views.  

Quote:I have a great response for this.....too bad it isn't allowed via the CoC. 

Shucks...

Please don't make me shut this down.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Please don't make me shut this down.

Ok, we're probably skating too close to the "no religion" zone...

Quote:Ok, we're probably skating too close to the "no religion" zone...

Indeed. The ice was threatening to break under the sheer weight alone.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 04:57 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Like I expressed earlier in this thread,   I'm glad that both sides are still able to express their views in this country.   I oppose the other side practically 100 % but it would be worse if they couldn't express their views.  

I agree, too, D6. Freedom of expression/ opinion is what makes this country great. 

Most conservatives that I talk to feel that way, too. It seems to be the liberals that always want to silence the other side. Possibly out of fear/ guilt. 

Quote:Please don't make me shut this down.

I'm trying my best to be as general as possible and at the same time at least let the others know where I'm coming from.   If my replies will lead to the thread being shut down,  please let me know and I will gladly not participate in the thread any longer.  

Quote:I'm trying my best to be as general as possible and at the same time at least let the others know where I'm coming from.   If my replies will lead to the thread being shut down,  please let me know and I will gladly not participate in the thread any longer.  

Haha, yeah, I was trying to pretty much do the same thing....make my points while not crossing that there line, you know?...

I actually think we're doing pretty good, overall, tbh...

Quote:Maybe for the same reason D6 did on this very page.

MoJo44,  I don't consider "Gay Marriage'  legitimate.   Hence,  the quotes. 

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 05:10 PM by The Mad Dog.)

D6, check your PM mail. I can't discuss religion on here, but I can via PM :thumbsup: 

Quote:I agree, too, D6. Freedom of expression/ opinion is what makes this country great. 

Most conservatives that I talk to feel that way, too. It seems to be the liberals that always want to silence the other side. Possibly out of fear/ guilt. 

TMD,   a major concern of mine is that the attempt to silence the other side will lead to a Nazi Germany type of country.   While most,  if not all Liberals will disagree,   I truly believe that Conservatives are much more likely are willing to discuss each issue w/o attempting to silence the other side.     Obviously,  I'm not talking about all Liberals,  including some on this MB.  

Quote:Haha, yeah, I was trying to pretty much do the same thing....make my points while not crossing that there line, you know?...

I actually think we're doing pretty good, overall, tbh...

I think we are doing a very good job,  all things considering.   At least for me,  it's very difficult to discuss many political topics w/o discussing religion.  The situation in the Middle East is a prime example of this.  

Quote:D6, check your PM mail. I can't discuss religion on here, but I can via PM :thumbsup:

Ok.

Only took 114 posts to bring the Nazis into this. TMD.. Not sure where you think feelings of guilt come into play here.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:This is why I prefer the board not to delve into political or pseudo-political discussions.

I had a lot of respect for you prior to the above post, D6. That respect is gone. I don't expect you to care.

How anybody can believe that Gay Marriage would somehow serve as a gateway to society accepting pedophilia is beyond rational comprehension. I can't stand when people paint gay marriage in such a light. It's such an unrealistic, incomprehensible, contrived way of thinking.

MoJo44,   my reply to you was removed because it was likely determined that it went over the line in what can't be discussed.   I respect the decision by the Mod ( s ).

Let me just say this.   Hopefully,  this reply will be acceptable under the CC.   While I do care that you lost the respect you had for me,   my beliefs have to take precedent.  

Quote:Only took 114 posts to bring the Nazis into this. TMD.. Not sure where you think feelings of guilt come into play here.

For what it's worth,  there were actually more posts in this thread but they understandably were removed because of the CC.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 06:12 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:MoJo44,   my reply to you was removed because it was likely determined that it went over the line in what can't be discussed.   I respect the decision by the Mod ( s ).

Let me just say this.   Hopefully,  this reply will be acceptable under the CC.   While I do care that you lost the respect you had for me,   my beliefs have to take precedent.  

The above is how an intelligent man debates with people of different opinion. 

Notice the distinct difference in tact between how the above conservative argues and the many liberals in the thread that are so quick to name call and insult or use shady argumentative tactics when they are faced with a differing opinion. 

Coincidence? Doubt it. 

Many of us could learn a thing or 2 from how the above person debates.