Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Manziel

I'm the kind of guy who loves to see some moxie, but after this latest video, I'm beginning to think manziel is a lost cause. I'm really glad Caldwell did his research and made the right choice. On the surface, manziel looked like a good way to go, he definitely (or maybe the media) fooled me into thinking he matured and put football first. This guy only cares about the spotlight and money.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Namath, Stabler, and Meredith were legendary in their partying prowess.  Jim McMahon is another guy who was a party animal in his day.  So were Billy Kilmer and Sonny Jurgenson. 
The difference being they were all good QB's.  If swanboy plays at their level, the partying will be overlooked; if he can't (my prediction), he'll be gone before you can say "last call".  There's a big difference in what management will put up with between a star and #3 on the depth chart.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 09:44 AM by shag52.)

Quote:The difference being they were all good QB's.  If swanboy plays at their level, the partying will be overlooked; if he can't (my prediction), he'll be gone before you can say "last call".  There's a big difference in what management will put up with between a star and #3 on the depth T

There's also a big difference in yesterdays NFL and todays NFL... stars were known for partying back in the days before the NFL started cracking down... they hold their image to a higher standard today than back then... partying will not be over-looked now...even for the "stars"...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 10:21 AM by Mr Sensible.)

Quote:There's also a big difference in yesterdays NFL and todays NFL... stars were known for partying back in the days before the NFL started cracking down... they hold their image to a higher standard today than back then... partying will not be over-looked now...even for the "stars"...

As long as you are winning, stay on the booze and take a taxi home, partying is fine.

Nobody hates on Rob Gronkowski and Matt Stafford and all the other guys who love to get wrecked party because they have the brains to not break the law and they are top players.

Same will go for Manziel.

Edit. That's not to say I think Manziel will be a great player, but that his partying will be judged against his performance.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

The only people who hate on Johnny Manzeil's lifestyle are the ones who can't get into the club. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Johnny Swan will probably be the most watched rookie this coming preseason. I know I am planning on watching both Johnny Swan and Teddy B this preseason and I'm sure a lot of others will be doing the same thing.

I don't expect either of them to start the season, so the preseason might be all we get for a little while, but who knows................

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:The only people who hate on Johnny Manzeil's lifestyle are the ones who can't get into the club.

God you're worthless.

Quote:The only people who hate on Johnny Manzeil's lifestyle are the ones who can't get into the club. 
Would that be the swan club?

Quote:Would that be the swan club?

Judging by the pictures, Manziel could make a party in a morgue pretty fun.

Quote:Judging by the pictures, Manziel could make a party in a morgue pretty fun.
You mean he could liven up a dead party?

Quote:You mean he could liven up a dead party?

Even if it was full of stiffs.

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2014, 04:31 PM by VisitingCobra.)

Joe Haden on Manziel and Partying:

Quote:"Everybody's going to go out, everybody's going to have a good time. But you've got to make sure when you're with your people it just doesn't get out.

Quote:"You need to have a phone valet. Tell your friends 'put your phones away.' We're going to go out and have a good time and just don't record what you're doing."

Quote:"Everybody has fun, trust me," Haden, 25, said. "Everybody does. But everybody's not Johnny Football. So I think you're kind of like 'C'mon Johnny, you represent. You're going to have a good time for sure, nobody has a problem with it. But just try to have fun without the whole world knowing.'"

Pretty much ...

Quote:Even if it was full of stiffs.
...and all this time I thought he was dull.  I guess that idea is laid to rest.

Quote:Johnny Swan will probably be the most watched rookie this coming preseason. I know I am planning on watching both Johnny Swan and Teddy B this preseason and I'm sure a lot of others will be doing the same thing.

I don't expect either of them to start the season, so the preseason might be all we get for a little while, but who knows................
I'm calling it now: TB will start the season, and Manziel will start the second half of the season when Hoyer gets hurt.

All you hypebeast swag fiends gotta look out for each other, amirite???

Quote:God you're worthless.
Am I right or am I right? I mean, it's not the end of the world if you can't get into the nightclub buddy. You still have country clubs, or swimming lessons. Swimming lessons would be fun.

Quote:All you hypebeast swag fiends gotta look out for each other, amirite???
Sure man. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Getting into nightclubs is the new barometer now. Seriously tommy please continue, this is good stuff.

I've been to night clubs with nfl players...do I win a prize?

Quote:I'm calling it now: TB will start the season, and Manziel will start the second half of the season when Hoyer gets hurt.

Booked.

When does BB get a shot??

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I've been to night clubs with nfl players...do I win a prize?

Only if you left the club with an inflatable swan.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]