Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Manziel

Res Ipsa Loquitur...

http://fansided.com/2014/06/07/browns-jo...wan-photo/

[Image: 10414511_766359056750109_1482290975221455880_n.jpg]

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2014, 10:34 AM by The Mad Dog.)

atta guy....

see what we're missing?? 

Our guy is working his tail off to try and get better and be ready when called, and the other guy is doing the swan dive off the Isthmus of Inebriation B)

You know what's crazy about this? He is going to tear up Preseason football.

They are going to roll him out there against scrubs and Third Team guys, and he is going to make them look silly and get that fanbase all kinds of excited. The Cleveland faithful are going to fall in love with that and that he's just a guy looking to "live his life to the fullest" and rest their hopes on him.

I hope he doesn't make them suffer.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:atta guy....

see what we're missing?? 

Our guy is working his tail off to try and get better and be ready when called, and the other guy is doing the swan dive off the Isthmus of Inebriation B)

Well...they said he is talented.

Quote:You know what's crazy about this? He is going to tear up Preseason football.

They are going to roll him out there against scrubs and Third Team guys, and he is going to make them look silly and get that fanbase all kinds of excited. The Cleveland faithful are going to fall in love with that and that he's just a guy looking to "live his life to the fullest" and rest their hopes on him.

I hope he doesn't make them suffer.
You are probably right and that his preseason performance will resemble the Skins during the Spurrier era.

To be followed by a crash and burn.

I stand by my take that he's a cross between Flutie and Leaf.

He's going to get some adversity and have a meltdown or two in the media.

As for the Cleveland fathful...to heck with them.

Normally I feel bad for fans of teams to never win a championship.  I like the Lions, for example.  And the Eagles.  (though my wife's an Eagles fan, so there's that too)

But I don't for Cleveland.  Not since Bottlegate.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Could you imagine he and Blackmon hanging out?!?

Blackmon's grandkids would end up being suspended four games!

Quote:You are probably right and that his preseason performance will resemble the Skins during the Spurrier era.

It couldn't happen to a better class of fans. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You are probably right and that his preseason performance will resemble the Skins during the Spurrier era.

I don't think he's going to have a meltdown as much as I think he's going to be woefully ineffective with his playing style.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Could you imagine he and Blackmon hanging out?!?

Blackmon's grandkids would end up being suspended four games!

Oh, that would be catastrophic.  Holy smokes. 

I wonder how long it is before Manziel is called into the principal's office by Goodell and read the riot act about what it means to represent the shield?  You know it's coming if these pictures keep popping up.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

It's all about the football field.   I guarantee if you saw half of what the other players do when not being photographed, this picture is choir boy material.   Nothing new here.  Just Johnny having himself a drink Johnny Football style.

Quote:It's all about the football field.   I guarantee if you saw half of what the other players do when not being photographed, this picture is choir boy material.   Nothing new here.  Just Johnny having himself a drink Johnny Football style.

I don't doubt that hedonism runs rampant in the NFL.

But when you spend a first round pick on a QB, he becomes the face of your franchise.

He is the face of the franchise in Cleveland.

Fair or not, he is going to be held to a higher standard of conduct and expectation.

You don't see too many pics of starting NFL QBs doing this sort of thing.

The most notorious pics were of Roethlisberger (interestingly posted not too long ago on the main board).  But the Steelers even told him he had to tone it down, and it got progressively worse with him until the rape charge.

Quote:I don't doubt that hedonism runs rampant in the NFL.

But when you spend a first round pick on a QB, he becomes the face of your franchise.

Fair or not, he is going to be held to a higher standard of conduct and expectation.

The most notorious pics were of Roethlisberger (interestingly posted not too long ago on the main board).  But the Steelers even told him he had to tone it down, and it got progressively worse with him until the rape charge.

My point is that something doesn't happen or not happen if there is a picture of it or not.  We don't really know these players.  We only know whatever persona they decide to make public.  Just doesn't interest me to sort out what is real and what is somebody "saying the right things.".  If this picture didn't get taken, is anybody better off?  He still did it.  Plus, playing football and getting drunk on inflatable swans aren't mutually exclusive.  So it doesn't matter to me. 

I understand people want guys to be role models and all that.  But I was never a fan of the whole "face of the franchise" thing if it means putting on a completely different face.

*Kanye Shrug*

#JohnnyCircus

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

The savior of the franchise.

Quote:I don't doubt that hedonism runs rampant in the NFL.

When you know you're going to be under the microscope, you have to use a little common sense in how you conduct your personal affairs.  Manziel doesn't understand this. 

Quote:I don't think he's going to have a meltdown as much as I think he's going to be woefully ineffective with his playing style.

I don't think it will be his playing style that will do him in. More likely it will be his lifestyle, he just doesn't seem like a guy whose focus is on football. If he were a student of the game he could learn to be a decent QB, as it is he seems more like he's interested in living the animal house lifestyle.

I was a huge supporter of the Jags drafting Manziel.. I was a big supporter of his playmaking ability and thought Id be able to put up with a little shananagans here and there.. But this is completely over the top and I'm EXTREMELY thankful that this organisation didn't even waste a single thought on this chump.. That said, I'm also extremely happy they the Jags didn't take Bridgewater either.. Very happy with Bortles and very excited for the future..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Res Ipsa Loquitur...

http://fansided.com/2014/06/07/browns-jo...wan-photo/

[Image: 10414511_766359056750109_1482290975221455880_n.jpg]

Dear Lord !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone on here imagine BB doing anything like this? Or even Chad Henne hanging out on an inflatable Swan?? Or even any other starting QB in the league?? I start laughing just thinking about it.

You go Johnny Swanny!!!!!!!!!!

I guess if he can really play none of this will matter, but watch out if he struggles.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.