Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Harassed boyfriend jumped to his death after his girlfriend insisted on going into another clothes shop

Quote:Only one of the best movies of all time Wink

lol, you'd be Brian from that movie Laughing 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The last thing she said to him? "I double dog dare you"

Suicide is so painful for to think about. I know a lot of people that have. Sad

Quote:lol, you'd be Brian from that movie Laughing

You'd be Claire..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Well, now you've just blamed the girlfriend in bchbunnie's eyes. Welcome to the club.

I was pulling my hair out reading her completing channeling out your explanations.

Quote:I was pulling my hair out reading her completing channeling out your explanations.

I've determined that it's a lost cause. Either you physically kill someone or your not even remotely connected to the person's death. I bet everyone that's ever been bullied truly appreciates her logic, "Hey, buck up kid. He didn't throw you off a seventh floor balcony so he's done nothing to impact you whatsoever!"

I'm enjoying the comedy of everyone drawing conclusions, then arguing about those conclusions, based on such scant information.

For all we know that man has been in therapy for years and the woman knew exactly how to push his button, finally getting the results she wanted.

Or, for all we know, the man just snapped for no reason at all.

Whatever happened, nobody in this forum knows enough about this particular incident to place blame or credit anywhere.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I'm enjoying the comedy of everyone drawing conclusions, then arguing about those conclusions, based on such scant information.

For all we know that man has been in therapy for years and the woman knew exactly how to push his button, finally getting the results she wanted.

Or, for all we know, the man just snapped for no reason at all.

Whatever happened, nobody in this forum knows enough about this particular incident to place blame or credit anywhere.

I've drawn exactly one conclusion from this: her behavior was the stresser. That's a fact unless the guy just randomly become massively delirious right in the middle of the argument with his girlfriend. So I suppose it's possible that I'm wrong, but it's hardly a likely possibility.

Quote:I've drawn exactly one conclusion from this: her behavior was the stresser. That's a fact unless the guy just randomly become massively delirious right in the middle of the argument with his girlfriend. So I suppose it's possible that I'm wrong, but it's hardly a likely possibility.

You are still arriving at that conclusion based on your own interpretation of what you read,not the facts, which you don't know. Just because they argued and he jumped doesn't mean she was necessarily the "stresser". The stresser may have been the crowd, the season or a variety of reasons.

You weren't inside either his or her head. Just because your father suffered from depression doesn't grant you any special insight into this situation. There are many behaviors that fall under the blanket description of depression.

- Bob Marley

Quote:I've drawn exactly one conclusion from this: her behavior was the stresser. That's a fact unless the guy just randomly become massively delirious right in the middle of the argument with his girlfriend. So I suppose it's possible that I'm wrong, but it's hardly a likely possibility.

I think if you used the term "A Stressor", and not the term "The Stressor" your POV would be better received.

Even consider tossing in a "maybe", or "possibly" here and there. (let's say you did that)

Bingo, I see where you are going with this, and I can't say you are for certain wrong. Wink

Quote:I've determined that it's a lost cause. Either you physically kill someone or your not even remotely connected to the person's death. I bet everyone that's ever been bullied truly appreciates her logic, "Hey, buck up kid. He didn't throw you off a seventh floor balcony so he's done nothing to impact you whatsoever!"

That's okay...I've concluded it's a lost cause too. Maybe life is easier when everything is always someone else's fault , or caused by someone else, and you aren't responsible for your own actions.

You two do realize that he was a 38 year old grown man and not some prepubescent teen, and that it was only five hours in a mall, she wasn't having him do something stressful like smuggle Jews out of nazi Germany or anything!!! Five hours...less time than it takes to go to a jags game.

Five hours shoe shopping in a mall...dear god...she must have drove him to it!!

Him having depression, or her being a complete [BLEEP] aside...here is the cliff notes version: He chose to date her...he chose to go shopping with her...he chose to throw himself off of a balcony.

Now, she can be up there with the worst girlfriends on the plant and Queen [BLEEP]...but he was still with her. His choice.

She could have forced him to go shopping with her, but unless a weapon or brut strength was involved, he decided to go. His choice.

Maybe she nagged him the whole five hours and he couldn't take any more, he still chose to jump rather than leave. His choice

What ever demons he was dealing with, ultimately the decision to end his life rather than deal with his life was all on him. Agree with me, disagree with me, I don't care.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:That's okay...I've concluded it's a lost cause too. Maybe life is easier when everything is always someone else's fault , or caused by someone else, and you aren't responsible for your own actions.

You two do realize that he was a 38 year old grown man and not some prepubescent teen, and that it was only five hours in a mall, she wasn't having him do something stressful like smuggle Jews out of nazi Germany or anything!!! Five hours...less time than it takes to go to a jags game.

Him having depression, or her being a complete [BLEEP] aside...here is the cliff notes version: He chose to date her...he chose to go shopping with her...he chose to throw himself off of a balcony.

Now, she can be up there with the worst girlfriends on the plant and Queen [BLEEP]...but he was still with her. His choice.

She could have forced him to go shopping with her, but unless a weapon or brut strength was involved, he decided to go. His choice.

Maybe she nagged him the whole five hours and he couldn't take any more, he still chose to jump rather than leave. His choice

What ever demons he was dealing with, ultimately the decision to end his life rather than deal with his life was all on him. Agree with me, disagree with me, I don't care.

My only problem with all of this is the apparent assumption that someone not in their right mind is responsible for their actions.

- Bob Marley

Quote:My only problem with all of this is the apparent assumption that someone not in their right mind is responsible for their actions.

So does that automatically make it her fault?

Quote:You are still arriving at that conclusion based on your own interpretation of what you read,not the facts, which you don't know. Just because they argued and he jumped doesn't mean she was necessarily the "stresser". The stresser may have been the crowd, the season or a variety of reasons.

You weren't inside either his or her head. Just because your father suffered from depression doesn't grant you any special insight into this situation. There are many behaviors that fall under the blanket description of depression.

Every conclusion you ever arrive at is based on your own interpretation. Every. Single. One. So that's a bogus argument against any POV, Mr. PC. Also, I just said in the post that you just quoted that it's possible that her behavior wasn't the stresser.

Quote:I think if you used the term "A Stressor", and not the term "The Stressor" your POV would be better received.

Even consider tossing in a "maybe", or "possibly" here and there. (let's say you did that)

Bingo, I see where you are going with this, and I can't say you are for certain wrong. Wink

I did. In the very post that you quoted.

Probably (or some derivative of it) appears in posts #14, #18, #32, and #37.

Statistical probability (meaning that it's not an absolute guarantee) appears in posts #37 and #52.

Maybe appears in post #37 and #62. (Admittedly #62 was sarcastic).

Things aren't absolutes makes an appearance in post #64.

I've been using forms of possibly and maybe literally the entire time because the pool of information is limited.

You know how many times bchbunnie has used any derivative of that idea? Twice. Once in her most recent post (while attacking me as if I'm incapable of being responsible for my actions) and once when she was quoting what I had previously said.

I still can't believe she did it. :whistling:

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:My only problem with all of this is the apparent assumption that someone not in their right mind is responsible for their actions.

Isn't that normal? :yes:

A versus The. Wink

Quote:Every conclusion you ever arrive at is based on your own interpretation. Every. Single. One. So that's a bogus argument against any POV, Mr. PC. Also, I just said in the post that you just quoted that it's possible that her behavior wasn't the stresser.

I did. In the very post that you quoted.

Probably (or some derivative of it) appears in posts #14, #18, #32, and #37.

Statistical probability (meaning that it's not an absolute guarantee) appears in posts #37 and #52.

Maybe appears in post #37 and #62. (Admittedly #62 was sarcastic).

Things aren't absolutes makes an appearance in post #64.

I've been using forms of possibly and maybe literally the entire time because the pool of information is limited.

You know how many times bchbunnie has used any derivative of that idea? Twice. Once in her most recent post (while attacking me as if I'm incapable of being responsible for my actions) and once when she was quoting what I had previously said.
Are you by any chance the guy that had the user name based of that stupid show and posted nothing but that Sheldon guy gifts (or whatever the hell his stupid name was)? Because if seems like you try super hard to be so scientific and legally "right".

Good for you!!

Not really.

The super sensitive are a disease to the world.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 09:27 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:That's okay...I've concluded it's a lost cause too. Maybe life is easier when everything is always someone else's fault , or caused by someone else, and you aren't responsible for your own actions.

Him having depression, or her being a complete [BAD WORD REMOVED] aside...here is the cliff notes version: He chose to date her...he chose to go shopping with her...he chose to throw himself off of a balcony.

Now, she can be up there with the worst girlfriends on the plant and Queen [BAD WORD REMOVED]...but he was still with her. His choice.

I'm going to assume that you have never done any research on suicide. The idea that a 38 year old is immune to mental abuse is incredibly ignorant, but I expect nothing less from you.

"In 2010, the highest suicide rate (18.6) was among people 45 to 64 years old. The second highest rate (17.6) occurred in those 85 years and older. Younger groups have had consistently lower suicide rates than middle-aged and older adults. In 2010, adolescents and young adults aged 15 to 24 had a suicide rate of 10.5." source: http://www.afsp.org/understanding-suicid...nd-figures

There aren't many facts in this story, and so I think making assumptions is wrong, but one fact is that she was degrading him. She called him a skinflint and a Christmas hater. Degrading is, in fact, mental abuse and has the potential to drive somebody to depression / suicide.

None of us are saying that the shopping or the mall is what drove the man to kill himself. We are saying that the stressful situation along with the degrading were factors. Again, we aren't saying that the woman is to blame for the death, we are simply saying that she was one of the factors.

Would you be such an apologist if it was a man mentally abusing a female?

Quote:A versus The. Wink

You're ignoring the "It's possible that I'm wrong" portion. That's the conclusion that I have drawn but I admit that it's entirely possible that I'm wrong. I have throughout this discussion held onto the single conclusion that I have drawn while also maintaining that the information pool is not adequate.

Btw, by "the" stresser I mean that it was the final one, not the only one. It's what set him off, so to speak.

Quote:Are you by any chance the guy that had the user name based of that stupid show and posted nothing but that Sheldon guy gifts (or whatever the hell his stupid name was)? Because if seems like you try super hard to be so scientific and legally "right".

Good for you!!

Not really.

The super sensitive are a disease to the world.

No. I have this one account. I am who I am, take it or leave it. I don't appreciate being called out on something that I've clearly done since my first post, and I'm not trying to be anything.

Maybe not responsible for their actions, but it would still be their actions.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???