Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville Jaguars Vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (race for the #1 overall pick)

Quote:I am ignoring it.
Fortunately you are only a poster and not a decision maker for a football team...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You have to get Bridgewater, it isn't really a debate at this point. The USF game was the tell all. 

Not true. We do need a 4-3 defensive end, especially if the rumors about trading Jason Babin are accurate. Do you really want to keep Andre Branch forever? I think Clowney would be a nice addition if the answer is no. Of course, I would rather pick him as a consolation prize at #2.

If everyone thinks the bucs have a better chance to have the number 1 pick over us is delusional, high on weed or both. Have ya'll seen this team play this year and I personally feel with our qb situation we can't beat Oregon right now. Let me give you some numbers for everyone: 2 pts chiefs,  9 pts raiders, 17pts seahawks, 3 pts colts, 20 pts vs the bad rams, 20pts which the defense gave him seven of them 20 points during the bronco's game and 6 points last week.

In addition for you chad henne supporters who think he can help us win meaningless games let me give you last years results. 34 pts vs the Texans, 24 pts vs the titans which we surprising won, 18 pts vs the bills, 10 pts vs the jets, 3 pts vs the dolphins, 16 pts vs the patriots and 20 pts vs the titans and we lost all those games at ther end of the season when those suppose to meaningless games as well.

My point is that with either guy at qb I don't think we'll win a game this year because we went 2 and 14 last year with better team play out of our roster.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:We got plenty of starters through free agency this year.  They are all rejects from Seattle and suck but we got them.
huh there is not one player on our team that was a official starter on our team before injury played for Seattle last year, the one who did play for Seattle that got the start due to the Gratz injury Will Blackman doesnt suck at all, so what are you talking about?

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Chad Henne and Clowney - 2-14

Bridgewater and Mincey - 5-11

Quote:Chad Henne and Clowney - 2-14

Mincey? Our current starting defensive ends are Babin and Branch.

Quote:Chad Henne and Clowney - 2-14

Seems you have to spread the ignorance across every thread!! If Clowney goes to us at 1, odds are one of the other 3-5 qb's comparable to Bridgewater will be there at 33! So that would mean the Clowney/ Henne combo would not happen.

Quote:If everyone thinks the bucs have a better chance to have the number 1 pick over us is delusional, high on weed or both. Have ya'll seen this team play this year and I personally feel with our qb situation we can't beat Oregon right now. Let me give you some numbers for everyone: 2 pts chiefs,  9 pts raiders, 17pts seahawks, 3 pts colts, 20 pts vs the bad rams, 20pts which the defense gave him seven of them 20 points during the bronco's game and 6 points last week.

In addition for you chad henne supporters who think he can help us win meaningless games let me give you last years results. 34 pts vs the Texans, 24 pts vs the titans which we surprising won, 18 pts vs the bills, 10 pts vs the jets, 3 pts vs the dolphins, 16 pts vs the patriots and 20 pts vs the titans and we lost all those games at ther end of the season when those suppose to meaningless games as well.

My point is that with either guy at qb I don't think we'll win a game this year because we went 2 and 14 last year with better team play out of our roster.

yeah and apparently you haven't watched much of Tampa lately....

Quote:Seems you have to spread the ignorance across every thread!! If Clowney goes to us at 1, odds are one of the other 3-5 qb's comparable to Bridgewater will be there at 33! So that would mean the Clowney/ Henne combo would not happen.

WHat QB "comparable to Bridgewater" will be there at 33? 

Quote:What QB "comparable to Bridgewater" will be there at 33? 

Somebody is either drunk or taking the word comparable too literally.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 08:04 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

You play to win the game. I for one love going to the stadium and rooting for the Jags with the true Jags fans. I see the outlook all around Jacksonville. From so called fans and think it is pathetic. There was a comic last night at Comedy Club of Jax. Where me and my lady went. Sat in front and was ranked all night for being Jaguars fans. It was okay I get it.

One local one thought he make a joke about attendance and he was funny. Took every bit of energy I had to say Ray it is just a skit. And I shut my mouth knowing the truth cause I go to games. And know 400. Is not 59,000.

My point being. If we win tomorrow and every other game I will love it. And if we lose every game as long as competitive I will deal with it.

But the whole outlook of Jax has to change and fast. Just like the illusion one QB makes an entire team. Far from truth. We have alot I mean alot as far as depth and starters to be a true contender. This will be a process.

And regardless of what anyone says even at number 1. If Caldwell gets value you trade back. No ifs, ands, or butts. One player away we are not. Two players away we are not. A true contender needs talent all around not just patch work. We have tried that and failed.

Teddy alone will not get us to the Superbowl. Won't happen. In order to speed up the process has to fill holes. And whether draft at 1 or 32. To truly build through the draft have to trade back. Not up. And the ones saying at number 2 you trade picks to move up. What troll train you jumping aboard. However if you don't get value in round one you stay put. Not trade up. And take the best available. And Clowney would be a beast and and fresh air. Considering forever now have had the worst pass rush hands down period.

But if we end up at number one and Bridgewater is the best. And can't get real value trading down. Then and only then do you take him.

Will the real Jaguars fan please stand up. I believe I fall in the category with moving all the way from Connecticut to Jacksonville mainly because true Jaguars fan! Yes even now. And feel honored and privileged to be in the stands. Rooting for the Jaguars.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 09:23 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I for one love going to the stadium and rooting for the Jags with the true Jags fans....

oh, look.....another one of these... Rolleyes 

Getting real old with the way some of you are getting with the holier than thou routine just because you have tickets. 

And with you, its ridiculous and pathetic - as you used to be one of the people that would argue against people with the above mentality because you were from Connecticut and obviously couldn't go to games....

Thats so bush league, dude. You're a hypocrite of the highest. 

Quote:Seems you have to spread the ignorance across every thread!! If Clowney goes to us at 1, odds are one of the other 3-5 qb's comparable to Bridgewater will be there at 33! So that would mean the Clowney/ Henne combo would not happen.
Would you tell me how many qb's are going in the first round, then add to that number the names of the 3-5 who are "comparable" to Bridgewater.  I can't wait to see your list of talent.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 09:53 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:oh, look.....another one of these... Rolleyes

Getting real old with the way some of you are getting with the holier than thou routine just because you have tickets.

And with you, its ridiculous and pathetic - as you used to be one of the people that would argue against people with the above mentality because you were from Connecticut and obviously couldn't go to games....

Thats so bush league, dude. You're a hypocrite of the highest.
Look man I have not changed. It just does not support your agenda. If we were one QB away to compete for a playoff spot. I would be more on board with the whole QB concept. But we are not. Not even close.

So while QB is important. A supporting line? A pass rush? and several other spots. Are equally important. And if Bridgewater tanks. You wasted time and energy putting all your eggs in one basket.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Look man I have not changed. It just does not support your agenda. If we were one QB away to compete for a playoff spot. I would be more on board with the whole QB concept. But we are not. Not even close.

So while QB is important. A supporting line? A pass rush? and several other spots. Are equally important. And if Bridgewater tanks. You wasted time and energy putting all your eggs in one basket.
You do understand that QB is the single most important position on the team......................don't you?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

If you get a QB who can actually complete passes downfield, that opens up your running game.  You actually get 3rd down conversions, you stay on the field, and keep your D off, thus improving your D rankings.  Everything - and I mean everything - has evolved around the QB.  Fix that and then you can compete. 

Quote:Look man I have not changed. It just does not support your agenda. If we were one QB away to compete for a playoff spot. I would be more on board with the whole QB concept. But we are not. Not even close.

No... Those other spots are not equally important. QB is the most important position in sports. QB makes every single player better.... Just go ask the Broncos

Quote:If you get a QB who can actually complete passes downfield, that opens up your running game.  You actually get 3rd down conversions, you stay on the field, and keep your D off, thus improving your D rankings.  Everything - and I mean everything - has evolved around the QB.  Fix that and then you can compete.

Agree with this 100%.
We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

Quote:No... Those other spots are not equally important. QB is the most important position in sports. QB makes every single player better.... Just go ask the Broncos

Broncos would be a 5 -11 squad without Peyton.
We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

Quote:Broncos would be a 5 -11 squad without Peyton.
5-11? have you seen that defense? They might be worse than that.