Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville Jaguars Vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (race for the #1 overall pick)

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 10:43 AM by jagforlife85.)

The race for the #1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft looks like it will come down to a strength of schedule tiebreaker between the Bucs and Jags, here are both teams opponents win-loss records and win percentages.

Jacksonville Jaguars W 62- L 49 Win% (55.85)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers W 61- L 46 Win% (57.00)

If the status remains quo over the next 9 weeks the Jaguars would win the tiebreaker.

Here is the remaining schedule for both teams

Jags                              Bucs

49ers                          @ Seahawks

@ Titans                      Dolphins

Cardinals                     Falcons              

@ Texans                   @ Lions

@ Browns                   @ Panthers

Texans                        Bills

Bills                             49ers

Titans                          Rams

@ Colts                       @ Saints

Let the race begin..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's gonna be close. No doubt.

What would you do if we dont have the first pick? I would trade for back for more picks finish building a solid Roster maybe pick up a veteran QB and possibly get a chance at Winston next year. This is a complete rebuild like DC said it will take more then a QB drafted this year, it could be another 2 years before we are playoff bound.

Tampa Bay remaining Schedule:

Panthers (lost)

@Seahawks

vs.Dolphins

vs.Falcons

@Lions

@Panthers

vs.Bills

vs.49ers

@Rams

@Saints

Jaguars Remaining Schedule:

49ers (London)

@tacks

Cardnials

@texans

@Browns

texans

Bills

tacks

@clots

Unless the Bucs fire Schiano soon, its not going to be that close. The Jaguars will win a few meaningless games down the stretch (#becausejaguars) and the Bucs will go 0-16. All you had to do was watch that game last night. 

Quote:It's gonna be close. No doubt.

No doubt, we have an easier schedule the rest of the way, I do believe the Bucs will beat the Rams in week 16 now that Kellen Clemens is starting.

Quote:Unless the Bucs fire Schiano soon, its not going to be that close. The Jaguars will win a few meaningless games down the stretch (#becausejaguars) and the Bucs will go 0-16. All you had to do was watch that game last night. 
I'm feeling sick to my stomach but...

I will have to agree with The Angry Puppy, after watching last night tampas remaining schedule is alot tougher then ours.

Quote:I'm feeling sick to my stomach but...

I will have to agree with The Angry Puppy, after watching last night tampas remaining schedule is alot tougher then ours.

The Bucs should've won week 1 against the Jets if it weren't for that stupid un-necessary roughness penalty as time expired.

Quote:The Bucs should've won week 1 against the Jets if it weren't for that stupid un-necessary roughness penalty as time expired.

thats when they were still at least quasi- trying to win....

Quote:Unless the Bucs fire Schiano soon, its not going to be that close. The Jaguars will win a few meaningless games down the stretch (#becausejaguars) and the Bucs will go 0-16. All you had to do was watch that game last night. 

I'd be shocked if they fired Schiano, he givees them the best chance for the #1 overall pick.

Quote:I'd be shocked if they fired Schiano, he givees them the best chance for the #1 overall pick.

I agree. They seem to "get it" unfortunately. 

Quote:I'd be shocked if they fired Schiano, he givees them the best chance for the #1 overall pick.
So if Tampa gets the #1 pick do you take the second or third best QB or do you trade back get more picks and fix the OL DL LB and maybe a RB and pic up a Vet QB and shoot for Winston next year. As DC said its not a 1 year fix but a building process.

No way they keep Schiano all year. He will be fired... Team will respond by ripping off a couple wins and there you have it.... #1 pick.

I like Mariota better anyway. Let em have Teddy Bridge-fodder

@OnGuardJax

Quote:So if Tampa gets the #1 pick do you take the second or third best QB or do you trade back get more picks and fix the OL DL LB and maybe a RB and pic up a Vet QB and shoot for Winston next year. As DC said its not a 1 year fix but a building process.

If we end up with the #2 pick I'm taking Marcus Mariota (if he declares) all day long, he's an elite prospect. I believe the Jaguars will shore up the interior of the offenisve line in FA, I would then target a LEO early in the 2nd or even trade back into the first for a guy like Vic Beasley.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 11:21 AM by jagforlife85.)

My wish

1st QB (Hopefully Bridgewater) but don't sleep on Mariota, Mettenberger & Carr

2nd LEO or a quick twitch TE like an Eric Ebron or Jace Amaro

3rd RB- I'm hoping Melvin Gordon is available in the 3rd but it's unlikely

4th A move TE or LEO

4th Depth etc..

I don't want to draft a player we are going to have to spend 2 or more years teaching how to play quarterback. That what I feel like will happen if we get Mariota. We'd be getting an elite athlete, not an elite QB. 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 12:26 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I don't want to draft a player we are going to have to spend 2 or more years teaching how to play quarterback. That what I feel like will happen if we get Mariota. We'd be getting an elite athlete, not an elite QB. 

Yay!!!! someone gets it!!!! Thats exactly what will happen if the Jags draft Mariota. --...and...theres no guarantee at the end of those 2 years that Mariota will be able to adjust to a conventional pro-style offense anyway. 

Mariota only makes sense for a few teams in this league, one being the team that is coached by Chip Kelly....

I wish more Jaguars "fans" were like you. But no, sadly, not enough are. 

If this team ends up with the #2 pick, its gonna feel like we cant even lose right..

Trade down and stock pile picks.. 100%..

DC said he's committed on building through the draft.. Lets see how cereal he is..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

If we do miss out on Bridgewater with #1... I say we take Clowney at #2 then trade back into the first and grab Boyd.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 12:34 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If we do miss out on Bridgewater with #1... I say we take Clowney at #2 then trade back into the first and grab Boyd.

No where near as good as Bridgewater, but I guess the best we could do at 2. Actually, no, on second thought, no trade ups. Boyd isn't that much better than the field after Bridgewater anyway.....I don't want to give up any more extra draft choices. Thats what Gene Smith always did on draft day. Clowney at 2 makes sense but I don't like the other part.