Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Should Still Be Starter

(08-22-2017, 05:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:32 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: In my opinion the most logical thing to do would be to let Blake play out this year.  I know, I know, that the majority of you are now saying he has to go and we need to start Henne.  I think it's absurd how so many of our fan base, and I'm sure other fan bases' do this as well, flip their opinions after every throw of every practice.  It was only a month or 2 ago that most of the fan base was saying that Henne should be cut and that Allen should just be moved up to #2.  Neither Henne or Allen are going to lead this team to the playoffs this year, sorry to break the news to you, and it would appear as if neither will Bortles.  However if we're going to be bad, lets be bad giving our #3 draft pick one more chance.  If he tanks, then we draft a quarterback in round 1 next year, possibly bring in a proven vet if there's one available via free agency, and let them all compete in a true competition. 

I know that this is hard to hear because we were all so primed once again from a seemingly successful offseason, but I believe that we still have too many holes other than just the quarterback on this team to be a playoff competitor. 

On another note, is it just me or does this offense seem to play much better when we spread the field a little bit and pick up the tempo.  I have thought for the last couple of years that our coordinators have seemed to combat what Blake and our offense does best by trying to slow the game down so much.  I get that we want to run the ball, but when we run on 1st down consistently for 1-2 yards, this hampers the offensive immensely.  This game is all about adjustments and adaptation.  If we can't run the ball, then we need to change our gameplan accordingly and mix it up a little bit more.  Also as long as this offensive line continues to play the way they have for the last 4 years, it doesn't matter who's taking the snaps, they'll struggle.

The way that it's looking, the starting QB is most likely going to be Henne.  If that's the case, Bortles is pretty much done.

1 week and you changed your mind? You work just like the FO, knee jerk city. It has been obvious since then end of last season but when I write a comment saying bench Borts i get a neg rep from u... good god man get a grip.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-22-2017, 09:21 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 05:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The way that it's looking, the starting QB is most likely going to be Henne.  If that's the case, Bortles is pretty much done.

1 week and you changed your mind? You work just like the FO, knee jerk city. It has been obvious since then end of last season but when I write a comment saying bench Borts i get a neg rep from u... good god man get a grip.

lol, he is one of those that will agree with what ever the team, FO, and coaches do.  If Brandon Allen was named the starter he would say its the right decision

(08-22-2017, 09:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 09:21 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: 1 week and you changed your mind? You work just like the FO, knee jerk city. It has been obvious since then end of last season but when I write a comment saying bench Borts i get a neg rep from u... good god man get a grip.

lol, he is one of those that will agree with what ever the team, FO, and coaches do.  If Brandon Allen was named the starter he would say its the right decision

Yeah he is a clown. Just hope they get the QB situation right after the season...

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 09:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

All the money we planned on giving to Blake should go to Stafford and then some.  Draft Trey Adams or Connor Williams in the first and get a guard in the 2nd

I'd absolutely throw money at Stafford to replace Blake. The oline still needs work. I'd use the picks on the best available players, but I'd still always have oline on the mind.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

there's no stafford becomes available. good qbs don't just become free agents in this day and age.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Alright Omaha know-it-alls...What would you guys say? Say you're Marrone - do you buy him a pack of sixlets and tell him how much you care about him and his family? Do you keep him in and verbally abuse him when he comes off the field after garbage drives? Do you ignore him like an awkward girl at a bar? I'm curious what your magic solution from Nebraska is (and please don't quote Tom Osborne...is he dead yet?)

One more chance?.......I just keep hearing Kahn say 19 million? It might cost me 19 million?

It ain't gonna happen. Kahn didn't get to where he is by being a fool with his money.

I thought Bortles was going to be a bust after the first year here. Mizzou/Bortles didn't play a NFL style offense and it was in a weak conference. The option and wildcat plays just don't make it in the NFL.

(08-22-2017, 10:11 PM)SuperJville Wrote: there's no stafford becomes available.  good qbs don't just become free agents in this day and age.

Indeed. Which is why I cringe when I hear Kirk Cousins love in these parts for next year. I am in DC; middle of the pack extraordinaire.

Stafford however, absolutely. But like you said, unlikely.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(08-22-2017, 10:08 PM)Achilles Wrote: I'd absolutely throw money at Stafford to replace Blake. The oline still needs work. I'd use the picks on the best available players, but I'd still always have oline on the mind.

Be realistic. Stafford is not going to be a free agent. There's this thing called the "franchise tag" that the Lions will use.

(08-22-2017, 08:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: stole this

[Image: 9t69vc7qlchz.jpg]

Yo!!!!

Who did this?

Best comment EVER!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I'm sick of hearing about Bortles being a bad qb. Give the man a shot. Stop getting in his head. Yes he says he doesnt pay attention to it but come on, how could he not. I've seen flashes of greatness from him and i think he just needs everyone to get behind him. Even if its true and he doesnt read the write ups maybe if there were more positive things being said someone close to him may see it and pass it on. I for one am thrilled that the jags have Blake Bortles as their qb. Go Jags

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 09:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

sounds like something Jeff Fisher would say

LOL
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We're not going [BLEEP] 7-9!!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I mean, if we went 7-9 after the last four years would anyone be mad lol?
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

He's not the future.

(08-25-2017, 09:29 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: I'm sick of hearing about Bortles being a bad qb. Give the man a shot. Stop getting in his head. Yes he says he doesnt pay attention to it but come on, how could he not. I've seen flashes of greatness from him and i think he just needs everyone to get behind him. Even if its true and he doesnt read the write ups maybe if there were more positive things being said someone close to him may see it and pass it on. I for one am thrilled that the jags have Blake Bortles as their qb. Go Jags

Joking, trolling, nuts, or hammered drunk?  It's one of those.

(08-25-2017, 11:37 PM)keeper88 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 09:29 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: I'm sick of hearing about Bortles being a bad qb. Give the man a shot. Stop getting in his head. Yes he says he doesnt pay attention to it but come on, how could he not. I've seen flashes of greatness from him and i think he just needs everyone to get behind him. Even if its true and he doesnt read the write ups maybe if there were more positive things being said someone close to him may see it and pass it on. I for one am thrilled that the jags have Blake Bortles as their qb. Go Jags

Joking, trolling, nuts, or hammered drunk?  It's one of those.

Or just being an optimistic fan? I still think Blake can "get it done". Is Blake the future? That's what this season is about, I  am not letting 4 worthless preseason games determine that. We didn't bring anyone in because we wanted to give Bortles his full rookie contract to prove himself, we sink or swim with him. It wouldn't hurt to want him to succeed, like a normal person would who is a fan of the team he plays on.

(08-26-2017, 12:16 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 11:37 PM)keeper88 Wrote: Joking, trolling, nuts, or hammered drunk?  It's one of those.

Or just being an optimistic fan? I still think Blake can "get it done". Is Blake the future? That's what this season is about, I  am not letting 4 worthless preseason games determine that. We didn't bring anyone in because we wanted to give Bortles his full rookie contract to prove himself, we sink or swim with him. It wouldn't hurt to want him to succeed, like a normal person would who is a fan of the team he plays on.
Not 4 preseason games, it's 3+ years. How much longer you want to wait?  How much longer you want to suck?  I've been here since pre-95 and own a BB jersey for what it's worth. But let's stop the denial, please.