Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Seferian Jenkins plans to visit the Jags

(03-15-2018, 04:34 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Now I'm convinced that we could take a QB at #1 if the right person is there.

Thats what it’s looking like. The only position we haven’t addressed is back up qb (cough cough)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2018, 04:34 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Now I'm convinced that we could take a QB at #1 if the right person is there.

(03-15-2018, 04:34 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Now I'm convinced that we could take a QB with our first pick if the right person is there.

Best player available... we need the player that has the best chance to unseat a highly paid starter in a year or two.

Now I'm convinced that we could take a QB with our first pick, if the right person is there. I think we're set to take the best available player now. Still wouldn't mind taking another tight end with the first pick

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 04:38 PM by JNev.)

Officially signed him. 2 years, $11 million $4.5 million GTD

Edit: Sorry, I see its already been shared

(03-15-2018, 04:34 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/9743...90112?s=21

That's noticeably less than I thought ASJ would get.  Especially,  considering the contract then Eagles UFA TE signed with the Bears.

This signing doesn't change anything for that #29 pick.. It's a 2 year deal. TEs typically don't set the league on fire in their rookie year as well. TE and G are still at the top of the list for that #29 pick.

Now give me the kid from Stanford in the draft, (Dalton Schultz I believe) and I’m happy at TE.

Go OL and LB or CB first few rounds.

(03-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This signing doesn't change anything for that #29 pick.. It's a 2 year deal. TEs typically don't set the league on fire in their rookie year as well. TE and G are still at the top of the list for that #29 pick.

Agreed. But if the players they like aren’t there they aren’t forced to reach.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-15-2018, 04:37 PM)JNev Wrote: Officially signed him. 2 years, $11 million $4.5 million GTD

Really fair deal. This free agency has been a lot stronger than I expected. 

Depth is really looking nice. I'm guessing we're gonna have a pretty fun draft.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This signing doesn't change anything for that #29 pick.. It's a 2 year deal. TEs typically don't set the league on fire in their rookie year as well. TE and G are still at the top of the list for that #29 pick.

I mean... can we realistically carry 4 TE's on the roster?

I love every single move they've made now in FA. They're creating ample amount of safety nets and fall back options going into the new season without feeling obligated or pressured to reach or draft based on needs. They can officially go BAP on the board now. Or possibly even look to move up in the draft more than once with all of the depth they have.

Don't be surprised now when they work something out to where they move up into the teens of the first round to land a player like Roquan Smith at OLB or Derwin James at S to keep the defense the strongest unit on the team.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-15-2018, 04:40 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:

Marcedes, ASJ, Rookie, Paul - mainly special teams.

I don’t see why not. We would probably go with 3 RBs + FB.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

This roster just got super crowded

As much as I have said ASJ was a top target for me, he does carry a lot of risk so we still need to draft one high too.

(03-15-2018, 04:43 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: This roster just got super crowded

Don't need as many draft picks to fill the roster is what you're saying? Big Grin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgW3yOjh9nb/

It’s nice to see players wanting to come here.

(03-15-2018, 04:45 PM)JNev Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:43 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: This roster just got super crowded

Don't need as many draft picks to fill the roster is what you're saying? Big Grin

Really tho

I can see us trading up in the first and second now to get specific players. I cant even see a third rounder making this roster.

(03-15-2018, 04:40 PM)knarnn Wrote:

Agreed. But if the players they like aren’t there they aren’t forced to reach.

Of course. We've set ourselves up to take the BPA.

(03-15-2018, 04:40 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:

If they want to be a 2 TE base team like has been rumored, absolutely.

(03-15-2018, 04:34 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: 5 mil a year if what I’m hearing is true.  That’s not bad at all, I just hope he’s grown up.

Who would have imagined that, despite picking 29th in the draft, that this could be the most exciting one in a long time. It would not surprise me if they take a q.b., receiver, tight end, defensive end, defensive tackle or linebacker in round 1. They will be able to basically take the BAP in every round and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they trade up in the 2nd-4th rounds to get a guy they really covet.

Training camp is going to be brutal! Competition everywhere. Love it!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]