Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carr vs Bortles round one

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 10:05 PM by Tyler1Reformed.)

Quote:That it doesn't look too hot and he doesn't blame Robinson for dropping that TD because the ball was coming end over end like a punt.

Umm what? That ball was thrown perfectly fine, good god we could all see that on TV.

The rest of the throws that game are another story, but for the love of god there is no excuse why Arob dropped that ball.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...b6dc64f1b8

Yeah you look and tell me where it's "end over end". I'm sure that's an exaggeration and yeah it was wobbly but that should have been a catch period.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:28-32 TDs for a quarterback starting 16 games in today's NFL isn't even all that great.

Fitzpatrick had like 33 TDs last year.

Everyone is putting up stats.  They're meaningless pretty much.  

Just look at what quarterbacks are doing around the league.

As it stands right now, Bortles' QB rating is good for 33rd in the league.

That same metric wasn't that high in the days of Brunell for example.  Having a QB rating of 80 or 85 was pretty respectable.  Now that lands you in the bottom of the NFL.  The NFL is much different now.  We have to look at Bortles in the context of today's NFL, and not compare him to QBs in the 90s and say "wow, he threw 35 TD and for over 4000 yards"...

Bull. The QB rating metric is garbage in scouts eyes. It's geared towards check down artists who never take chances. Andrew Lucks career QB rating would be lower echelon. The metric is garbage and geared towards QBs who never take chances and don't throw INTs.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 10:15 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:Umm what? That ball was thrown perfectly fine, good god we could all see that on TV.

The rest of the throws that game are another story, but for the love of god there is no excuse why Arob dropped that ball.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Week-6-Jaguars-vs-Bears-highlights/fe851613-7cc2-4c29-8c5f-84b6dc64f1b8'>http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Week-6-Jaguars-vs-Bears-highlights/fe851613-7cc2-4c29-8c5f-84b6dc64f1b8</a>

Yeah you look and tell me where it's "end over end". I'm sure that's an exaggeration and yeah it was wobbly but that should have been a catch period.

It was clearly a drop.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 10:22 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:Umm what? That ball was thrown perfectly fine, good god we could all see that on TV.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Week-6-Jaguars-vs-Bears-highlights/fe851613-7cc2-4c29-8c5f-84b6dc64f1b8'>http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Week-6-Jaguars-vs-Bears-highlights/fe851613-7cc2-4c29-8c5f-84b6dc64f1b8</a>

To educate you again,

2014- Jags were 3rd in NFL in dropped passes

2015- Jags were 3rd in NFL in dropped passes

2016- Jags are 4th in NFL in dropped passes

Jags young WRs have potential but are overrated. They drop WAY too many balls.

2013- Jags were 8th in NFL in dropped passes

2012- Jags were 2nd in NFL in dropped passes

This isn't a Bortles problem. It's a Jaguars problem, even before Bortles genius.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 10:21 PM by Tyler1Reformed.)

Quote:It was clearly a drop.

I'm assuming you're agreeing with me for once on this one when you say it was clearly a drop. 

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...b6dc64f1b8

That ball should have been caught no doubt.  He should have had 280 yds 2TDs and 0 INTs.  Did he play well in the 2nd and 3rd...no.  He led the biggest comeback in team history but you would have thought he had 5 INTs and blew the game by reading this board...lol

Quote:Bull. The QB rating metric is garbage in scouts eyes. It's geared towards check down artists who never take chances. Andrew Lucks career QB rating would be lower echelon. The metric is garbage and geared towards QBs who never take chances and don't throw INTs.

Are you trying to say that the new ESPN QBR stat is a good metric?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 10:24 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:Are you trying to say that the new ESPN QBR stat is a good metric?
No. Those efficiency stats all have flaws. They favor check down artists have never take shots down the field.

Scouts don't look at those stats.

Quote:That ball should have been caught no doubt.  He should have had 280 yds 2TDs and 0 INTs.  Did he play well in the 2nd and 3rd...no.  He led the biggest comeback in team history but you would have thought he had 5 INTs and blew the game by reading this board...lol

No no I know and I agree but I can't tell whether some of the posters are sarcastic or what at times. That pass was not "end over end" and I even found the tape to show that. It was just one of many passes Arob failed to catch this year that he would have made easily last year and is another contributing factor to this struggling offense and I think some people just think it's all Bortles and nobody else when in fact Arob is definitely to blame for the struggles as well. 

Quote:No no I know and I agree but I can't tell whether some of the posters are sarcastic or what at times. That pass was not "end over end" and I even found the tape to show that. It was just one of many passes Arob failed to catch this year that he would have made easily last year and is another contributing factor to this struggling offense and I think some people just think it's all Bortles and nobody else when in fact Arob is definitely to blame for the struggles as well.

This is a way more bigger problem than a 3.3% INT rate.

This isn't a Bortles problem. It's a Jaguars problem, even before Bortles genius.

Edited by spacecoastjag, Today, 10:22 PM.

Quote:This is a way more bigger problem than a 3.3% INT rate.

Edited by spacecoastjag, Today, 10:22 PM.

Yes. Dropped passes for a staff that isn't even here anymore is really a concerning stat. We should definitely look into the coaches / QB / WR's that aren't here anymore and ask them why they didn't make those catches back then. 

In the end...it's all about wins and losses.

But comparing the two side by side.

I'd say...

Carr throws a much better pass...

Carr is more accurate

Carr makes better adjustments based on the defense

Carr is better at 3 step drop and throwing.

Carr has more wins.

Blake is better in the 2 minute offense

Blake is better when rolling out of the pocket.

I'd say at this point...

Carr is the better qb...

As a side note....

Based on these things...

And Blakes apparent regression into the horrible wind up and staring down receivers. ..

And Carr has been consistently good. ..

Carr is gonna have a better career

Quote:No. Those efficiency stats all have flaws. They favor check down artists have never take shots down the field.

Scouts don't look at those stats.

You can pick and choose which stars to look at if you want, but the fact is that the stats aren't being very kind to Blake this year. He put up big numbers last year but so did Fitzpatrick so you can't just look at that.

Take stats out of the equation and you have an inaccurate qb that makes bad decisions, is turnover prone, and has terrible mechanics.

His saving grace is his decent athleticism and his fearless fighter attitude
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:You can pick and choose which stars to look at if you want, but the fact is that the stats aren't being very kind to Blake this year. He put up big numbers last year but so did Fitzpatrick so you can't just look at that.

Take stats out of the equation and you have an inaccurate qb that makes bad decisions, is turnover prone, and has terrible mechanics.

His saving grace is his decent athleticism and his fearless fighter attitude

Intelligent people don't make conclusions 5/16 games into a season. You do realize he's outplaying last years MVP Cam Newton right now right?

Wake me up when 13/16 games are through. Educated people don't draw conclusions after 30% of season.

Quote:Intelligent people don't make conclusions 5/16 games into a season. You do realize he's outplaying last years MVP Cam Newton right now right?

Wake me up when 13/16 games are through. Educated people don't draw conclusions after 30% of season.

No, but they are entitled to formulate their own opinions based on what they've seen.

Look, I'm definitely pro Bortles. I don't expect him to have it all figured out now. I accept that he's a work-in-progress and that he isn't getting adequate coaching nor much in the way of help on offense. I also think he'll continue to improve and will become the QB you envision in the near future. However, he isn't there yet and he has a lot of growing yet to do.

I respect your enthusiasm and your support of our QB but it isn't necessary to come for fans with different views. It ultimately detracts from your argument.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

I'm not Pat Kirwan. Perhaps take it up with him.

Quote:Wake me up when 13/16 games are through.

We wish we could.

Quote:Advantage Carr so far.

Bortles

59% complete - 8,657 yds - 54 tds - 42 ints - 80 passer rating

Carr

60% complete - 8,865 yds - 65 tds - 28 ints - 86 passer rating
Wow I didnt know Carr had thrown more TDs than Blake.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:This is why you aren't a scout.

You know who also threw a wobbly ball all of the time? Peyton Manning.

Did you know Peyton's 3.6 INT% rate is higher than Blake's 3.3 INT% rate through his first 3 years?!

Peyton threw 58 INTs. Blake has 42.

Peyton's 4th year? Threw 23 INTs.

You people don't realize Bortles is 24 years old and he's the best QB the Jags have ever had and probably will ever have in the next 30 years. This fan base is a joke.

You need to simmer down.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:In the end...it's all about wins and losses.

But comparing the two side by side.

I'd say...

Carr throws a much better pass...

Carr is more accurate

Carr makes better adjustments based on the defense

Carr is better at 3 step drop and throwing.

Carr has more wins.

Blake is better in the 2 minute offense

Blake is better when rolling out of the pocket.

I'd say at this point...

Carr is the better qb...

As a side note....

Based on these things...

And Blakes apparent regression into the horrible wind up and staring down receivers. ..

And Carr has been consistently good. ..

Carr is gonna have a better career
Carr wasn't good last week so do us a favor and stay in California with your lack of knowledge and become a raiders fan.  

[Image: giphy.gif]