Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carr vs Bortles round one

Its face off time. I'm sure this will get alot of attention this week from the media etc. They will compare these 2 for awhile.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Right now Carr is having a much better career.

I dunno about that, carr has had alot of bad throws, like yesterday in KC he underthrew his receiver by easily 5-10 yards and was picked. His Oline has been better the last two.

I am looking forward to it. I hope they let bortles be bortles and stop making him like brady, hea not a pocket qb.
Jags 4 Life

Quote:Right now Carr is having a much better career.

They've played 2 seasons on bad teams. I'd hardly even begin to compare their "careers" yet. I'd hardly even say they have "careers" at all at this point.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Raiders are better coached, and Bortles isn't doing well right now.  I have to say Raiders win.  You can't get shut out for 3 quarters almost every week and expect to win.  The offense has to change things around, and it starts with Blake.  He has regressed.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I think the gameplan has regressed. The playcalling is brutal. Let him run, boitleg, he excels in those situations. Not saying pull a vick on him but let him play his style enough of this, you going to run my offence.
Jags 4 Life

Quote:Its face off time. I'm sure this will get alot of attention this week from the media etc. They will compare these 2 for awhile.

Lol the media doesn't give two [BLEEP] about this game. Or anything not involving Dak or Krappernick.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I remember quite a few talking heads forecasting Bortles and Carr as being the next big rival in the AFC, if not the NFL. A lot of that rhetoric when they were drafted and in last offseason.

Round one, indeed.

Should be interesting. I think Carr is ahead of Bortles at this point in their careers. Particularly this season.

Should serve as a good measuring stick game.

[Image: tumblr_o6n1oltfiD1u6jjy9o1_400.gif]

Quote:I remember quite a few talking heads forecasting Bortles and Carr as being the next big rival in the AFC, if not the NFL. A lot of that rhetoric when they were drafted and in last offseason.

Round one, indeed.

Should be interesting. I think Carr is ahead of Bortles at this point in their careers. Particularly this season.

Should serve as a good measuring stick game.

Yes!! Heard it mentioned many times that these 2 are the future of the NFL. They will face off quite a few times in the future ala the round one.

I can't wait to see which one has more tackles against the other!

Quote:Lol the media doesn't give two [BAD WORD REMOVED] about this game. Or anything not involving Dak or Krappernick.
I disagree with that because it's the #1 game on cbs at 1 pm so don't just dismissed it. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:They've played 2 seasons on bad teams. I'd hardly even begin to compare their "careers" yet. I'd hardly even say they have "careers" at all at this point.

What you define as a career is irrelevant. They've both been in the league for 3 years. Statistically speaking, Carr is ahead.

Irrelevant to you maybe.

Huh

clearly Carr is better. Stop fooling yourselves.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 08:12 AM by superfan32.)

I haven't watched Carr play a single game yet...Sunday will be my first.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:clearly Carr is better. Stop fooling yourselves.

That might have something to with Oakland's offensive line. How many sacks has Derek Carr taken since he was named the starter?

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Carr and Bortles are pretty even imo.  Both are promising young QBs who have played well at times, and poorly at times.

Carr simply has the better functioning team, and this game isn't going to be close imo. 

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:Carr and Bortles are pretty even imo.  Both are promising young QBs who have played well at times, and poorly at times.

Carr simply has the better functioning team, and this game isn't going to be close imo. 
Meh.

Have the Raiders blown anyone out this year? They have some come from behind victories against the Ravens and Saints. They beat the Titans by 7, Chargers by 3, Ravens by 1 and Saints by 1.

I see a close game considering the Raiders secondary is very weak.

If we lose at home and drop to 2-4...I'm gonna be upset.

Have you seen my baseball?