Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rudolph, Garrett and DeCastro...

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 11:47 AM by nejagsfan.)

(11-16-2019, 09:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 12:17 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: It wasn't blatantly late and he barely even took him down he didn't lead with his helmet...it wasn't helmet-to-helmet he didn't land with his weight on him... It wasn't blatant and Rudolph didn't have the right to defend himself for the hit... nor was it justified.... Are we watching the same play?? Watch it in real time... At what point is Rudolph justified for trying to rip Garrett's helmet off... And kick him in the groin.... If it was such a blatant foul why didn't the ref throw the flag for roughing the passer.... The referee was standing right there and he didn't think it was a blatant late hit

a. I said late takedown, not late hit 
b. I clearly stated in no uncertain terms MR was not justified at all in his retaliation
c. I don't see a kick to the groin - i see the QB trying to separate himself by any means available - still not a good look for MR though
d.  the whole "who started it" business is silly anyway.  Several players behaved terribly. Including Rudolph. You just happen to think the late takedown didn't "instigate." I think it did.  No big deal. 
e. Will people stop telling me to watch it again please? I posted a gif I made of it in this thread. I've seen it 20 times from two angles at multiple speeds, LOL

Separate by any means!!?? You mean by trying to rip Garrett's helmet off pulling him on top of him....I don't know what you are watching but it doesn't look like Rudolph is trying to separate from Garrett... It looks to me like a pretty non-violent tackle and Rudolph getting frustrated because he was getting sacked all day and throwing they couldn't stop Garrett all game....now as far as the tackle...the hit and the take down is all one tackle.... It's literally the definition of what a tackle is... It literally happened so quickly we're talkin seconds... 260 something pound guy running in it's supposed to somehow stop his momentum.... as far as I'm concerned he didn't let up and that's why he just rolled into the he didn't slam him he didn't land with his weight on him none of these things...also Has his head in Rudolph's chest.. I'm not even sure he knew the ball was released yet... Regardless of all those things even if it was a late hit you trying to tell us that Rudolph was trying to gain separation from Garrett when you can literally see him trying to tear Garrett helmet off...

(11-16-2019, 09:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 12:17 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: It wasn't blatantly late and he barely even took him down he didn't lead with his helmet...it wasn't helmet-to-helmet he didn't land with his weight on him... It wasn't blatant and Rudolph didn't have the right to defend himself for the hit... nor was it justified.... Are we watching the same play?? Watch it in real time... At what point is Rudolph justified for trying to rip Garrett's helmet off... And kick him in the groin.... If it was such a blatant foul why didn't the ref throw the flag for roughing the passer.... The referee was standing right there and he didn't think it was a blatant late hit

a. I said late takedown, not late hit 
b. I clearly stated in no uncertain terms MR was not justified at all in his retaliation
c. I don't see a kick to the groin - i see the QB trying to separate himself by any means available - still not a good look for MR though
d.  the whole "who started it" business is silly anyway.  Several players behaved terribly. Including Rudolph. You just happen to think the late takedown didn't "instigate." I think it did.  No big deal. 
e. Will people stop telling me to watch it again please? I posted a gif I made of it in this thread. I've seen it 20 times from two angles at multiple speeds, LOL

BTW a gif shows it in slow motion not in real time... Your gif does nothing....must not be watching from multiple angles if you can't see Rudolph initiating by trying to rip Garrett helmet off...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would hate to be on a jury with some of you, yikes.

(11-15-2019, 01:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Myles Garrett is a [BLEEP]. That guy needs to be suspended the rest of the season. That was flat out, assault with a deadly weapon. Steve Smith said it right, if Garrett would've hit him in a certain spot on his head, he could've paralyzed Rudolph. The game was over, the Browns dominated. Why do something so stupid when the game was essentially over? Props to Pouncey for defending his QB.

Of all people, Steve Smith should be the number 1 expert in violence on the football field. He practiced this on several occasions leading to at least one suspension. Why is it that punks like Smith, Warren Sapp and others end up getting great jobs as color men after their careers are over? John McEnroe, the biggest jerk  ever in tennis has had a long tenure as tennis commentator and let's not forget about Urban Meyer. He was one of the worst at granting interviews while a coach and then goes to work at ESPN.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 03:59 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(11-16-2019, 02:22 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Would hate to be on a jury with some of you, yikes.

I wouldn't mind.  At the least, i could diversify the unanimous decisions that would be made from them. Two wrongs don't make a right, but the punishment should be fair if both parties were involved in escalating the incident.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(11-16-2019, 02:22 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Would hate to be on a jury with some of you, yikes.

Myles Garrett was clearly just trying to put Mason’s helmet back on after he mistakenly removed it. He must have just missed a little which gave the appearance that he was striking him. It’s an honest mistake. No harm no foul. All these people Claiming otherwise are insane.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 04:43 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-16-2019, 04:02 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Myles Garrett was clearly just trying to put Mason’s helmet back on after he mistakenly removed it. He must have just missed a little which gave the appearance that he was striking him. It’s an honest mistake. No harm no foul. All these people Claiming otherwise are insane.

Nobody's saying that Garrett is innocent and isn't wrong for doing what he did and should be suspended...what we're saying is Rudolph should also be suspended because he instigated the whole thing.... I disagree with late hit and so do the referees otherwise they would have thrown a flag... Rudolph try to rip Garrett's helmet off first initiated it... Then even with his helmet off Rudolph went after Garrett again along... A blind man can see that Rudolph was being a little b**** and was irritated because he sucked [BLEEP] all game... The killer of it is even after instigating everything and getting hit in the head he threw his arms up in the air as if he was playing the victim card...national freaking TV we see everything that he did to instigate it and now you're going to throw your hands up in the air as if you're the victim... What a punk.... There's a reason why he's no longer pressing charges because a jury would see he instigated it

There's a reason why he's not pressing charges anymore because a jury would see that Rudolph instigated the whole thing.... We're not saying Garrett is innocent or shouldn't be suspended and was wrong for what he did... All we're saying is what's fair is fair Rudolph instigated it...and a blind man can see that... He also should be suspended

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 06:56 PM by Caldrac.)

I think the NFL handled this pretty fair now. Not GREAT. But fair.

Garrett is done for the year. Not sure if they'll extend into next year's regular season but I think they should. Skip Bayless made a good point along with Shannon Sharpe about possibly carrying it into at least the season opener of 2020 to remind the rest of the NFL that it's not tolerable behavior at any level. Especially in the NFL.

Pouncey getting three games for essentially defending his QB seems a little steep. Any offensive lineman should react that way in regards to their QB. Throwing a few punches and a kick on Garrett there seems fair. I would give him just a 1 game suspension there. Not 3. . .

That other guy that shoved Rudolph down from behind like a punk should honestly get at least 2. . . pretty cowardly.

The fines for both teams seems weak. $250K is a fart in the wind for those owners. I would fine Garrett over $1M for this [BLEEP] too. Just to make a point. Rudolph absolutely should face a hefty fine as well. He DID try to take Garrett's helmet off. And I understand it was a long game for him back there. He was getting whacked left and right throughout the night. But he DID instigate that [BLEEP]. I would say a $750K fine is fair there in his case. I wouldn't have made either team pay a fine though. Make the players pay. . .
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-16-2019, 06:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think the NFL handled this pretty fair now. Not GREAT. But fair.

Garrett is done for the year. Not sure if they'll extend into next year's regular season but I think they should. Skip Bayless made a good point along with Shannon Sharpe about possibly carrying it into at least the season opener of 2020 to remind the rest of the NFL that it's not tolerable behavior at any level. Especially in the NFL.

Pouncey getting three games for essentially defending his QB seems a little steep. Any offensive lineman should react that way in regards to their QB. Throwing a few punches and a kick on Garrett there seems fair. I would give him just a 1 game suspension there. Not 3. . .

That other guy that shoved Rudolph down from behind like a punk should honestly get at least 2. . . pretty cowardly.

The fines for both teams seems weak. $250K is a fart in the wind for those owners. I would fine Garrett over $1M for this [BLEEP] too. Just to make a point. Rudolph absolutely should face a hefty fine as well. He DID try to take Garrett's helmet off. And I understand it was a long game for him back there. He was getting whacked left and right throughout the night. But he DID instigate that [BLEEP]. I would say a $750K fine is fair there in his case. I wouldn't have made either team pay a fine though. Make the players pay. . .

Rudolph kept pursuing and attacking...at the time he was hit... three Pittsburgh players and one  browns player Garrett were in the mix....if Rudolph didn't continue to attack.... their would have been no reason to have to defend him....the Pittsburgh players should have been holding Rudolph back....but instead all went after Garrett....all I'm saying if Rudolph didn't try to tear off Garrett's helmet.... Garrett wouldn't have torn off Rudolph's....if Rudolph didn't keep going after Garrett he wouldn't have gotten hit by Garrett... correct....it's not like Garrett just happened to rip off his helmet and started beating him for no reason.... Rudolph deserves a suspended also no doubt...he was in fact no doubt instigated it and kept it going

(11-16-2019, 04:41 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 04:02 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Myles Garrett was clearly just trying to put Mason’s helmet back on after he mistakenly removed it. He must have just missed a little which gave the appearance that he was striking him. It’s an honest mistake. No harm no foul. All these people Claiming otherwise are insane.

Nobody's saying that Garrett is innocent and isn't wrong for doing what he did and should be suspended...what we're saying is Rudolph should also be suspended because he instigated the whole thing.... I disagree with late hit and so do the referees otherwise they would have thrown a flag... Rudolph try to rip Garrett's helmet off first initiated it... Then even with his helmet off Rudolph went after Garrett again along... A blind man can see that Rudolph was being a little b**** and was irritated because he sucked [BLEEP] all game... The killer of it is even after instigating everything and getting hit in the head he threw his arms up in the air as if he was playing the victim card...national freaking TV we see everything that he did to instigate it and now you're going to throw your hands up in the air as if you're the victim... What a punk.... There's a reason why he's no longer pressing charges because a jury would see he instigated it

There's a reason why he's not pressing charges anymore because a jury would see that Rudolph instigated the whole thing.... We're not saying Garrett is innocent or shouldn't be suspended and was wrong for what he did... All we're saying is what's fair is fair Rudolph instigated it...and a blind man can see that... He also should be suspended

I guess that makes 90% of the board, nearly every former player I've seen comment, and the league office blind men then. 

vs. the 3 weirdos we have here saying otherwise.  Confused

(11-16-2019, 07:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 04:41 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Nobody's saying that Garrett is innocent and isn't wrong for doing what he did and should be suspended...what we're saying is Rudolph should also be suspended because he instigated the whole thing.... I disagree with late hit and so do the referees otherwise they would have thrown a flag... Rudolph try to rip Garrett's helmet off first initiated it... Then even with his helmet off Rudolph went after Garrett again along... A blind man can see that Rudolph was being a little b**** and was irritated because he sucked [BLEEP] all game... The killer of it is even after instigating everything and getting hit in the head he threw his arms up in the air as if he was playing the victim card...national freaking TV we see everything that he did to instigate it and now you're going to throw your hands up in the air as if you're the victim... What a punk.... There's a reason why he's no longer pressing charges because a jury would see he instigated it

I guess that makes 90% of the board, nearly every former player I've seen comment, and the league office blind men then. 

Do you really think a jury would find Rudolph completely innocent? Seriously? And I take what players say with a grain of salt.... being PC most of them....and I've seen many on TV like MJD saying Rudolph instigated it and should get a suspension also....so it's not just 3 weirdos on here....and where do you get that 90% on this board agree with you...very few have even commented......maybe you should come out of your cave and listen to what EVERYONE else is saying...

(11-16-2019, 07:48 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 07:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I guess that makes 90% of the board, nearly every former player I've seen comment, and the league office blind men then. 

Do you really think a jury would find Rudolph completely innocent? Seriously? And I take what players say with a grain of salt.... being PC most of them....and I've seen many on TV like MJD saying Rudolph instigated it and should get a suspension also....so it's not just 3 weirdos on here....and where do you get that 90% on this board agree with you...very few have even commented......maybe you should come out of your cave and listen to what EVERYONE else is saying...

Well in this case the adjudicating body pretty much did find him completely innocent. 

I actually didn't offer my opinion, just kinda chuckling at your tantrum over this. Carry on bud.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 09:29 PM by Jags.)

(11-16-2019, 08:45 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 07:48 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Do you really think a jury would find Rudolph completely innocent? Seriously? And I take what players say with a grain of salt.... being PC most of them....and I've seen many on TV like MJD saying Rudolph instigated it and should get a suspension also....so it's not just 3 weirdos on here....and where do you get that 90% on this board agree with you...very few have even commented......maybe you should come out of your cave and listen to what EVERYONE else is saying...

Well in this case the adjudicating body pretty much did find him completely innocent. 

I actually didn't offer my opinion, just kinda chuckling at your tantrum over this. Carry on bud.

Add me to the non weirdo list.  Wait, does that now bring it to say, ...91%??

(11-16-2019, 09:26 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 08:45 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Well in this case the adjudicating body pretty much did find him completely innocent. 

Hahaha, well done.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 11:02 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-16-2019, 08:45 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 07:48 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Do you really think a jury would find Rudolph completely innocent? Seriously? And I take what players say with a grain of salt.... being PC most of them....and I've seen many on TV like MJD saying Rudolph instigated it and should get a suspension also....so it's not just 3 weirdos on here....and where do you get that 90% on this board agree with you...very few have even commented......maybe you should come out of your cave and listen to what EVERYONE else is saying...

Tantrum?? Hardly lol....and I heard fines were coming for Rudolph...soooo not completely innocent

(11-16-2019, 09:26 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 08:45 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Well in this case the adjudicating body pretty much did find him completely innocent. 

LMAO...you claim yourself to be 1% of this board.... Try   .0000000000001% if that

(11-16-2019, 11:00 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:

Tantrum?? Hardly lol....and I heard fines were coming for Rudolph...soooo not completely innocent

(11-16-2019, 09:26 PM)Jags Wrote: Add me to the non weirdo list.  Wait, does that now bring it to say, ...91%??

LMAO...you claim yourself to be 1% of this board.... Try   .0000000000001% if that

Did your underwear shrink in the dryer because you're awful cranky.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 11:36 PM by nejagsfan.)

Yeah totally innocent!! BTW read all the comments and the tweets... Looks like most kind of agree with me...

Tweet from Zippy (@BanLeBastard)
Zippy (@BanLeBastard) Tweeted:
@SportsCenter https://t.co/fRiguCNge8 https://twitter.com/BanLeBastard/status/...08903?s=20

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 11:39 PM by nejagsfan.)

So innocent!!.. so let me get this straight he first tries to rip Garrett's helmet off then he kicked him in the groin..then he goes after Garrett again... punching him in the balls and then finally gets hit in the head with his own helmet..
You're trying to tell me he doesn't deserve a fine or a suspension....ya ok

https://mobile.twitter.com/Amerifinn67/s...00/photo/2

Myles Garrett would never play another down in the NFL if it was up to me. In my opinion it’s aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

Like most have said, it’s a non football play.

The NFL cannot afford to have thugs that can’t control themselves accordingly. I applaud the league for suspending him indefinitely. I think he should be banned for life.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 09:11 AM by nejagsfan.)

(11-17-2019, 01:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Myles Garrett would never play another down in the NFL if it was up to me. In my opinion it’s aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

The NFL cannot afford to have thugs that can’t control themselves accordingly. I applaud the league for suspending him indefinitely. I think he should be banned for life.

I don't agree.... I agree with the suspension for the rest of the season... But the guy has no prior record for anything.... His record is clean as a whistle... I believe he will be playing next year...and the fact that it was instigated 100% by Rudolph is one of the reasons why I think he will play next year...

Funny how I posted those Twitter feeds showing Rudolph and his actions... The 91% of the board hasn't commented.... All of a sudden *crickets* lol?

(11-17-2019, 09:09 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 01:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Myles Garrett would never play another down in the NFL if it was up to me. In my opinion it’s aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

I don't agree.... I agree with the suspension for the rest of the season... But the guy has no prior record for anything.... His record is clean as a whistle... I believe he will be playing next year...and the fact that it was instigated 100% by Rudolph is one of the reasons why I think he will play next year...

Funny how I posted those Twitter feeds showing Rudolph and his actions... The 91% of the board hasn't commented.... All of a sudden *crickets* lol?

Garrett had already been fined more than $50,000 this season, for punching Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker and for a pair of late hits on New York Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian, the second of which knocked Siemian out for the season with an ankle injury.