Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching Staff Speculation/Suggestion (merged)

(01-09-2020, 12:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Maybe he wants a tryout at kicker. He was pretty darn good at it for a position player.

He'd probably actually win the job in Tampa

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 05:20 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/jesselwilson/status/...71008?s=21

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/12157...41568?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(01-10-2020, 05:19 PM)knarnn Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-10-2020, 05:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 05:19 PM)knarnn Wrote:

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I was pretty bummed when I heard Marrone was returning, but I kinda get it.

As for our D-Coordinator... there is no way he deserves to have a job. Please bring in someone new and I'll be happy.

Marrone is "meeting" with everyone Monday right?

(01-11-2020, 10:19 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Marrone is "meeting" with everyone Monday right?

Monday is the day the whole staff is to report to offices. It may just be the beginning of evaluation, but I'd expect a change or two announced by the end of that workday. 

sidebar:
https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...60992?s=20

(01-11-2020, 10:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 10:19 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Marrone is "meeting" with everyone Monday right?

Monday is the day the whole staff is to report to offices. It may just be the beginning of evaluation, but I'd expect a change or two announced by the end of that workday. 

sidebar:
https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...60992?s=20
I was just about to post this. Kitna would be great for Minshew, I think.

Dang. I was hoping to hear Wash was replaced already. I swear, if he's retained I'm not sure I can watch Jags football. What would be the point? Ugh.

I predict any coach in “Coughlin’s Corner” will be dismissed because you know there were divisions on the staff.

Any ideas who that would be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(01-11-2020, 08:57 PM)Shelley Thompson Wrote: I predict any coach in “Coughlin’s Corner” will be dismissed because you know there were divisions on the staff.

Any ideas who that would be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The coaches were primarily Marrone hires and most have Marrone ties. 
McCardell and Walton (DB coach) may be the only ones with ties to Coughlin more than Marrone and I doubt the former is on any sort of hot seat.  Tim Walton may be a different story.

So when does everyone think the first dismissals will be made?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-13-2020, 11:05 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: So when does everyone think the first dismissals will be made?

I think there's a good chance we hear of one or two departures today.

Flip is out as OC

De Filippo fired.

Pretty shocked. Others deserve to go first.

I'm not shocked by any firings. Caldwell and Marrone are cornered animals. They're going to do whatever it takes to survive.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 12:04 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

Does the Flip move further push their intent to move Foles? I know that we may not be able to, but it was said that him and Marrone didn't see eye to eye on something. That's gotta be Foles right?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(01-13-2020, 11:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 11:05 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: So when does everyone think the first dismissals will be made?

I think there's a good chance we hear of one or two departures today.

As I was saying  ^

Flip is out officially. 
He certainly wasn't the weakest link in the Jags staff - but the struggles of the run game at critical moments and in the red zone don't leave him blameless. 

At least we can know now the theory Marrone won't make any changes is officially debunked.

(01-13-2020, 12:04 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Does the Flip move further push their intent to move Foles? I know that we may not be able to, but it was said that him and Marrone didn't see eye to eye on something. That's gotta be Foles right?

I think it sends a signal that they aren't sold on Foles as the 2020 starter at the very least.

A bit surprised. Surely means that Foles is off aswell, as that was the main reason to get Flip?

Amazed he went before Wash

(01-13-2020, 12:13 PM)Ordar Wrote: A bit surprised. Surely means that Foles is off as well, as that was the main reason to get Flip?

Amazed he went before Wash

Moving Foles will not be easy. Still very possible he's the highest paid back-up QB in the league for one year.