Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade Campbell

Dont worry fellas, GM Tony learned from his mistakes and adjusted the macro in his 2020Dradt.xlsx file. This year will be different.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2020, 08:36 PM)Steve Wrote: [MySportsUpdate] "The #Ravens' 5th-round pick going to Jacksonville for Calais Campbell.... is the one Baltimore got from Minnesota for kicker Kaare Vedvik. The #Ravens essentially traded a kicker for Calais Campbell."

This hurts me. We shouldl have at least dropped Foles in this trade too.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-15-2020, 04:59 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 04:10 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: This was go be expected.  Keep DM/DC, get rid of Bouye, Campbell, Dareus, Yan, Jalen.  At best this is a 4 to 6 win team next year.  Tank for London. 

On the positive note, we will have an excellent chance at two top 10 picks next year.  Maybe top 5 if we get rid of a few other key players.

Do you think the Rams will really be bad enough to be in the top 5?

I think right now it looks like we'll be in the Top 5, and the Rams in the 15-20 range once again.

Should be enough Ammo to trade up for Trevor Lawrence if the Minshew project doesn't work.

The Rams have a ton of salary cap money tied up in just a few players, and with little cap room and no 1st round pick, they will likely be worse next year.  All it takes is a few injured players and they can be just as bad as we are.

Signed two year 25 mil with 20 mil guaranteed with the ravens.

(03-15-2020, 09:23 PM)surfon Wrote: Signed two year 25 mil with 20 mil guaranteed with the ravens.

27 mil I believe

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 09:45 PM by JagFan81.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/CalaisCampbel...5866181632

Classy guy. Gonna miss you Mayor.

I believe this could be the defining move that will cost Dave and Doug their job unless they use the money wisely in FA. He has been our best player for the last 3 years and our best run defender as well.

His locker-room presence was another big plus.  Where is the veteran leadership going to come from in his absence?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

[Image: 6rltzh6yvvm41.png?width=640&crop=smart&a...b4b31182a0]

I think some of you are just conditioned to hand-wring and curse the clouds over anything and everything this FO does. Is it possible they did Calais a big favor by shipping him to a contender as a classy way to say thank you, dropped his exorbitant salary from a cash strapped payroll, and picked up a draft pick instead of just shedding the cash? I think this was a sad move sentimentally but a great move logically.

(03-15-2020, 09:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/CalaisCampbel...5866181632

Calais Campbell is certainly one of the best people in the NFL and one of the Jaguars best ever Free Agent signings.

(03-16-2020, 12:46 AM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I think some of you are just conditioned to hand-wring and curse the clouds over anything and everything this FO does. Is it possible they did Calais a big favor by shipping him to a contender as a classy way to say thank you, dropped his exorbitant salary from a cash strapped payroll, and picked up a draft pick instead of just shedding the cash? I think this was a sad move sentimentally but a great move logically.

Also how I see it. Despite what PFF says, his play is slipping fairly noticeably. 

By the time the team is ready to compete, he'd have been gone anyway. Good move for everyone.

(03-16-2020, 12:46 AM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I think some of you are just conditioned to hand-wring and curse the clouds over anything and everything this FO does. Is it possible they did Calais a big favor by shipping him to a contender as a classy way to say thank you, dropped his exorbitant salary from a cash strapped payroll, and picked up a draft pick instead of just shedding the cash? I think this was a sad move sentimentally but a great move logically.

Where’s that upvote button?

I don't like it. A good player and a good person.

I don't like it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

After a decade of huge success with multiple playoff berths, it was time to finally rebuild the roster under the leadership of Dave Caldwell who is known as a draft guru with all of his hits on top 10 players.  

Caldwell will almost certainly get a better player than Campbell with that 5th rounder, thus putting the Jags in prime position for another Super Bowl run.

This ^

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-15-2020, 08:36 PM)Steve Wrote: [MySportsUpdate] "The #Ravens' 5th-round pick going to Jacksonville for Calais Campbell.... is the one Baltimore got from Minnesota for kicker Kaare Vedvik. The #Ravens essentially traded a kicker for Calais Campbell."

Or. Richard Sherman was taken in the 5th round. Got to think positively man!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-16-2020, 07:17 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

Dave gonna get another Telvin Smith

Having retained these clowns, they might as well get rid of high salary players that are declining.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 08:59 AM by Mikey.)

(03-15-2020, 09:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/CalaisCampbel...5866181632

I miss my +1

I hate this move. The fanbase is already alienated, and you take the lone voice of maturity out of an immature locker room...this team is going to implode. Go back to last year, first game. Myles Jack is ejected, and is going after the refs, refusing to leave the field. Jags staffers try to intervene, and he bucks against them, still intent on getting words in with the officials. Who was the one who convinced him to simmer down, take his lumps and play another day? 93.

Hey, we have a 5th rounder. @That will help@ Hey, we have a little more cap room! Maybe we can sign the guy who doesn't want to be here to a long-term deal! Or we can spend in FA, I mean, who DOESN'T need a Donte Moncrief on their team?

Kinda ready to hang it up and check back in 2021. COVID or not, that stadium is going to be empty.

(03-16-2020, 07:17 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

(So was Blair Brown, or we can trade for another Josh Dobbs!)