Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade Campbell

To the Ravens for a 5th rounder.

Tried to tell some of you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm disgusted.He was worth keeping. Great on and off the field

This sucks. They don’t need the cap space, unless they’re planning on spending a decent amount in FA. Don’t know who would have the impact like Calais unless we spend big.

The cliff is coming sooner rather than later. We weren’t competing this year with or without him. Great presence on and off the field that will be missed. Thanks for everything Calais! Will continue to root for you.

He’s getting old and expensive. I don’t like it but I’m not surprised.

Just when I thought Sundays weren't getting so bad

Starting to smell like Dave and Doug may get some leeway. They seem to be blowing it up on a must win year for them.

#tankfortrevor
Jaguars Fundamentalist

His leadership and work in the community was huge. Yes, he was getting older and wasn’t the player he has been last season, but he was worth keeping. My guess is that he wasn’t ready to take a reduced deal to stick around.

This move signals the team is in full rebuild mode unless the goal was to clear as much cap space as possible to keep Yannick. I guess we’ll see. My expectation is that 2020 is going to be a complete train wreck that will require another complete staff rebuild next year.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Not a surprise at all. We're once again rebuilding and this is moving forward in full tilt. A shame we only got a 5th RD pick for him.

What bothers me is that we've traded away most of our talent from 2017. We still have Ngakoue to consider in another trade. And yet. Todd Wash is still here as the coordinator.

This was the perfect time to cut him loose and start fresh with a new concept and approach on defense with new faces and new talent.

Instead? We'll be seeing zone coverages again on 3rd and 3 with only your base front four rushing the passer. Can't wait. . .
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Campbell may not have hit the QB often last year, but he was still a very solid player. This is stupid.

(03-15-2020, 12:48 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Starting to smell like Dave and Doug may get some leeway. They seem to be blowing it up on a must win year for them.

Just starting? They have another year left on the contract, they are staying no matter what.

Sad

Not a fan of this move. I think he had significant value for one more year for this football team. 

Beginning to think those looks we saw last year with Allen and Ngakoue standing up wide may become the new norm. 
The "big end" approach on the strong side may take a backseat.

Sure seems like he was here for more than three years. We will miss ya big guy.

(03-15-2020, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sad

Not a fan of this move. I think he had significant value for one more year for this football team. 

Beginning to think those looks we saw last year with Allen and Ngakoue standing up wide may become the new norm. 

Agreed. That's if they keep Ngakoue though. I hope they know what they're doing this year. Especially on defense. Have no faith in Wash as the D.C.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Didn’t really see this one coming. So we only have 1 good player left on D

I don’t see this as a move to sign Yan long term. I’m assuming they have someone else they’re already talking to. Glenn, Hooper, or someone else that can help Minshew maybe?

(03-15-2020, 01:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sad

Agreed. That's if they keep Ngakoue though. I hope they know what they're doing this year. Especially on defense. Have no faith in Wash as the D.C.

Yeah. I could have just said "Allen + Edge Rusher X" as it may turn out that way, but I think Wash may be shifting to that approach whether it's Yan or another DE from a similar mold.

Whatever..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Not a fan of this move at all.

Unless this means Yan Ngakoue or Xavier Rhodes as a high priced FA, he was so much more valuable than a 5th round pick.