Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags release Fournette!!

listening and reading reports out of camp LF was looking good, but the other running backs where also looking just as good and would probably be cutting into LF time on the field this year. If you watched him play you could see he could not see the cutback holes that where miles open for him he just ran where he was told and had no vision.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Addition by subtraction.

Another Caldwell bust
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 11:23 AM by JagFanFirst.)

I don't know. There are a lot of people who would have freaked after 2017, if we had decided to move on from Bortles. LF is a big name, but he's not offering big-time production.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 11:29 AM by jaguarmvp.)

Just another example of Caldwell's "great job" as a GM.

This team sucks and under Caldwell it will always be rebuilding.

(08-31-2020, 09:06 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 08:58 AM)FBT Wrote: Something had to happen. Hicken and Prosser are saying Fournette was not liked inside the stadium. The coaches wanted him gone 2 years ago.  They tried to trade him and got no interest at the time. I’m assuming something must have happened behind the scenes where they’d cut him instead of trying to find SOME value in trade.  

Regardless, the Jags are officially in the Lawrence sweepstakes.  

If I’m Lawrence, I’m staying in college for another year because this franchise is arguably the worst run team in the league.  It would make sense that in the one season where they actually get the top pick in the draft, the options don’t include a generational QB.  The team has officially become a joke.

Do you think we are tanking?

Do we have to try?  This team is void of Talent everywhere.

It's going to be a 3-4 win team at most.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Finally the last cancer is gone

(08-31-2020, 10:29 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:49 AM)Yes Mandeezee Wrote: Also, are they moving Shenault to rb?
I Think that’s a real possibility. Fournett never really impressed me, he couldn’t get short yardage he had no moves to make people miss Nothing lost with this move.

Although I find such a move EXTREMELY unlikely, that may be our only way to get a consistent running game now. Shenault, (when healthy) is an excellent player. He is multi faceted and played a variety of positions very effectively. As a runner, he was very good and combined with his ability to catch the football, he could be a great weapon. The problem is that he would need to get at least 15 touches out of the backfield each game to get completely comfortable and I think they plan on using him much more like Cordarelle Patterson has been used throughout his career (with minimal success,) where he is primarily a WR, who many get one or two touches out of the backfield to keep defenses on their toes. Personally, I see enough stength already at WR and a complete lack of RB talent on this roster to justify making Shenault a premier RB. I just don't see that happening though.

The writing has been on the wall for a while now...

Fournette's style just doesn't fit with the west coast offense that Gruden is implementing - every single weakness in Leonard's game is what this offensive style dictates a RB should good at.

Compound that with some questionable actions and the expendable nature of his position - and we get to this point.

Wonder if we could have gotten something for him at the very least. I'm also curious if he was a Coughlin "override" pick or not based on what people have said in the past.

There was talk the Fournette was really a Coughlin guy. Maybe the thinking is they were trying to dump anyone who had been contaminated by Coughlinitis? Yeah I don't believe it either, just trying to figure out a rationale for the mass turnover of players the last couple of years.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 11:47 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-31-2020, 11:11 AM)JagJohn Wrote: I'll post this in the thread I probably should've posted it in originally:

Losing Fournette doesn't particularly make us worse. We were bad, we still are bad.

Throwing out fournette's numbers from last year doesn't exactly move the needle either, I honestly believe most RBs in the league could put up similar numbers given the extremely high usage he had. He is an average RB who isn't part of our long term future, and Ozigbo, Armstead and Robinson all now have a chance to step up and prove themselves in the league.

Don't get wrong, this team is a joke. But Fournette being cut doesn't particularly change how I feel about them in the long or short term.

Frustrating we couldn't at least get a ham sandwich for him tho.

Yes, we were gonna be bad and we are still gonna be really bad, but Fournette was still significantly better than his backups, (which shows what a complete lack of depth we have.) Having such a drop off will effect Minshew's progression. At least he knew what to expect in his running game with Fournette in the backfield. Now, he has a bunch of nobodies running behind a bad O-Line. It's gonna force Minshew to throw a lot more under pressure, as defenses now key in on the pass game. Last year defenses totally focused on shutting down our running game, now it's gonna be the polar opposite and that's gonna place a lot more stress on Minshew.

If I wake up tomorrow and the Jags have traded D.J. Chark, I'm gonna riot! Don't scoff. At the rate things are going, anything is possible.

Fournette had negative value on the trade market. That’s not surprising, he was entirely underwhelming as a pick and by far the worse one of the Coughlin era.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(08-31-2020, 11:48 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Fournette had negative value on the trade market. That’s not surprising, he was entirely underwhelming as a pick and by far the worse one of the Coughlin era.

Well, Minshew, Chark and Allen are Coughlin's guys or you gonna give credit to Caldwell just because they don't suck?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-31-2020, 11:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Finally the last cancer is gone

Nah, there's still several in here.

(08-31-2020, 11:43 AM)hb1148 Wrote: There was talk the Fournette was really a Coughlin guy. Maybe the thinking is they were trying to dump anyone who had been contaminated by Coughlinitis? Yeah I don't believe it either, just trying to figure out a rationale for the mass turnover of players the last couple of years.

They've been moving on from Fournette for two seasons already. I think they thought he would have some trade value right about now and it just didn't work out. Then with the Yawn thing this weekend they decided to finish off the attitude adjustment.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I hope RB Chuba Hubbard is still on the board when we pick in round 2.

Wow! Fournette over Mahomes and Watson
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(08-31-2020, 12:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I hope RB Chuba Hubbard is still on the board when we pick in round 2.

I actually thought about that when we got a 2nd for Yan

Marrone is saying that he made the decision based on the other running backs looking better than Fournette in practice.

Could that possibly be true? All of them are better?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Armstead and Ozigbo are both talented players, don't sleep on them.

(08-31-2020, 12:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: Marrone is saying that he made the decision based on the other running backs looking better than Fournette in practice.  

It's just "coach talk" to justify the move to the media.

(08-31-2020, 12:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: Marrone is saying that he made the decision based on the other running backs looking better than Fournette in practice.  

When listing to the reports from many different outlets some said they were just as good or better at practice and LF would probably not play as much as he did last year.