Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Day 3 at the draft

He would have been higher had he not opted out. I am good with the pick.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-01-2021, 12:21 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:18 PM)The Real MartyUr Wrote: Some of you guys should probably quit watching.  
Football is supposed to be fun and it doesn't seem like you are having fun.

If "having fun" means you have to be a fanboy, you may be right. 

Football should be fun but Urbs and Baalke are making it more frustrating than it should be.

Not about you but some posters really want to be miserable and complain about just about everything. 

Baalke and Meyer are not the guys that were doing this the last few years. 

If someone thinks everything Jaguars is wrong then they should blame Shad Khan or reconsider their fandom.

(05-01-2021, 12:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Some of you guys should probably quit watching.  
Yay! The Jags drafted a punter in round 3! So much fun!

It’s ok to discuss draft picks and if you would do something different.....

(05-01-2021, 12:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Some of you guys should probably quit watching.  

Fun is seeing your favorite team win or at least be competitive.  You can't say the above with a straight face to Jaguars fans

I am absolutely shocked and bewildered that we haven't drafted a DE/OLB yet. All we have is Allen and Chaisson and considering Allen missed a lot of time to injury and Chaisson had a disappointing rookie season, I thought this would be a major priority. We are 1 injury away from having no edge pass rush at all! I don't get it.

(05-01-2021, 12:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I am absolutely shocked and bewildered that we haven't drafted a DE/OLB yet. All we have is Allen and Chaisson and considering Allen missed a lot of time to injury and Chaisson had a disappointing rookie season, I thought this would be a major priority. We are 1 injury away from having no edge pass rush at all! I don't get it.

We are going draft the Road Runner and Speedy Gonzalez in the later rounds. Speed wins!

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 12:28 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

(05-01-2021, 12:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I am absolutely shocked and bewildered that we haven't drafted a DE/OLB yet. All we have is Allen and Chaisson and considering Allen missed a lot of time to injury and Chaisson had a disappointing rookie season, I thought this would be a major priority. We are 1 injury away from having no edge pass rush at all! I don't get it.

Don’t forget Smoot!
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I also want a good line backer some time soon

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 12:28 PM by The Real Marty.)

(05-01-2021, 12:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Yay! The Jags drafted a punter in round 3! So much fun!

I don't think anyone on this message board has actually scouted fourth round draft picks.

There's a notable lack of humility and self awareness around here.

(05-01-2021, 12:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yay! The Jags drafted a punter in round 3! So much fun!

I don't think anyone on this message board has actually scouted fourth round draft picks.

Agreed

(05-01-2021, 12:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yay! The Jags drafted a punter in round 3! So much fun!

You would be surprised at how much work some people do on draft prospects.

I don’t know too much about most of the players left but some on here do.

My point is that you can’t get upset with people discussing the draft selections. It’s the point of having a message board.

(05-01-2021, 12:23 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:21 PM)Sibelius Wrote: If "having fun" means you have to be a fanboy, you may be right. 

Football should be fun but Urbs and Baalke are making it more frustrating than it should be.

Not about you but some posters really want to be miserable and complain about just about everything. 

If someone thinks everything Jaguars is wrong then they should blame Shad Khan or reconsider their fandom.

For years people on this forum has kept parroting the old lines "trust in our leadership" and "YOU aren't a scout, the team knows better" and "armchair GMs" and those administrations we've been told to trust in have sucked to the nth degree.

The previous years for Jacksonville weren't Meyer and Baalke but Baalke does have a track record of picking injured busts, so to me he hasn't earned any trust yet. And Meyer by his own admission is still learning.

i think it's great that we have the chance to opine on the draft picks, good or bad. It's the only voice we have. And we shouldn't quit being fans just because the team keeps screwing up. We should keep pounding on them about it until they get it right.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

I"m willing to give the new regime some time to work. UM and Ballke inherited a steaming pile of [BLEEP] and no one could possibly turn this team around into a contender in one offseason. Have a little patience.

(05-01-2021, 12:31 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:23 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Not about you but some posters really want to be miserable and complain about just about everything. 

For years people on this forum has kept parroting the old lines "trust in our leadership" and "YOU aren't a scout, the team knows better" and "armchair GMs" and those administrations we've been told to trust in have sucked to the nth degree.

The previous years for Jacksonville weren't Meyer and Baalke but Baalke does have a track record of picking injured busts, so to me he hasn't earned any trust yet. And Meyer by his own admission is still learning.

i think it's great that we have the chance to opine on the draft picks, good or bad. It's the only voice we have. And we shouldn't quit being fans just because the team keeps screwing up. We should keep pounding on them about it until they get it right.

This x1000.

They said the same things in the Gene Smith era, Caldwell, after drafting Fournette etc etc
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-01-2021, 12:32 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I"m willing to give the new regime some time to work.  UM and Ballke inherited a steaming pile of [BLEEP] and no one could possibly turn this team around into a contender in one offseason.  Have a little patience.

Agree

(05-01-2021, 12:27 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:

Don’t forget Smoot!

Did you see Smoot last year? That guy is like 285 lbs. He certainly isn't a 3-4 OLB. He's gonna have to play DE in whatever formation we are in. He's too big to be a 3-4 OLB.

We can scout them the same way we can 1st round picks.  Some of these guys we have been pounding the table for a while.  Trey Smith, Brown, Jordan, Twyman etc.

I’m with you on this one. We need some DE

(05-01-2021, 12:32 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I"m willing to give the new regime some time to work.  UM and Ballke inherited a steaming pile of [BLEEP] and no one could possibly turn this team around into a contender in one offseason.  Have a little patience.

When it comes to how the Jags play in 2021, I agree with you. (At least with regards to Meyer).

But these draft picks are all on them. Previous regimes didn't make picks this weekend. This was their chance to shine with an assortment of draft picks that anyone would envy. And to me at least, they've done - at best - a mediocre job.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(05-01-2021, 12:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:27 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Don’t forget Smoot!

Did you see Smoot last year? That guy is like 285 lbs. He certainly isn't a 3-4 OLB. He's gonna have to play DE in whatever formation we are in. He's too big to be a 3-4 OLB.

In your opinion, is he a 4-3 pass rusher? Nickel and dime will be 4-3.