Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's be real. Lawrence looks horrendous

You have to take into account some of these posters overly criticizing Lawrence are afflicted with Smartest Guy In The Room syndrome. If, on the very slim chance, he busts they’ll strut around and point and say “See? I told you so.”

In real life as he progresses and starts winning games, they’ll either shut up and hope no ones dredges up their past posts, or come up with some weak excuse as to why they read something into a QB that so obviously isn’t true.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 08:11 AM by jessepeck1213. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-26-2021, 09:30 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 09:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, such a moron.

But but "insert past QBs" to the conversation like its relavant. Say it with me: Lawrence will be a mediocre QB at best. He wont live up to his draft.

Are you that upset that your overhyped colts are garbage and sitting at 0-3 that you have to go to other teams message boards and try to pick fights with their fans to feel better? Get a life dude.

(09-27-2021, 06:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You have to take into account some of these posters overly criticizing Lawrence are afflicted with Smartest Guy In The Room syndrome. If, on the very slim chance,  he busts they’ll strut around and point and say “See? I told you so.”

In real life as he progresses and starts winning games, they’ll either shut up and hope no ones dredges up their past posts, or come up with some weak excuse as to why they read something into a QB that so obviously isn’t true.

100% agree with you HB.

This is EXACTLY the case for the handful of posters - and these cases are not limited to Lawrence, even though he will inevitably garner such opinions even as a high profile player, but these posters bless us with their riveting insight as contrarians among many topics. And when you call them out with facts and statistics, they move the goalposts and backtrack into yesterday - which I find quite amusing.

Back on topic though, I'm not worried about Lawrence one bit as his talent is evident on a roster seemingly devoid of playmakers for years. In addition, the kid is barely 21 and in his rookie year with a rookie coaching staff all figuring this NFL game out in unison - and we get to where we are today. The team overall needs to learn how to WIN whether it be playcalling and executing on the field but I do believe they will get there as they get more games under their belts.

At the end of the day this was a year for growth and experience for our players and unfortunately our coaches too. I do fully expect to win games, or at least be competitive because this is the NFL, but I understand we were a 1-15 team last year and that the turnaround might not be as fast as we want. I just hope our coaches are ADAPTABLE and able to make proper adjustments in-game and week-to-week based on the talent present - but I've observed the contrary more often than I would like.

Once this team starts winning, I truly believe it will be sustained and maintained as opposed to what we've experienced more recently with the anomalous year where we happen to win.

(09-26-2021, 03:52 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: He is on pace to shatter the all time int record. The majority have been mostly on him. The Golden boy may need a year or two. At this rate he is looking at around 38 on the year. Ugly!

Also add to the fact he Averaging less than 200 ypg the last 2 games. Horrendous

Sure the receivers have played poor at times but the majority is on Lawrence. It's concerning.

To the Modis building!!

Do you understand how improvement works?

Hey the chiefs are on pace to finish 6-11...you wanna put cash down on them finishing with that record? After week 1 Jameis was on pace to throw 85 touchdowns this year. EIGHTY. FIVE!! Two weeks later, that number is down to 40.

Take a breath.

(09-26-2021, 05:10 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 05:00 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Naw there's plenty I can criticize my team about.

What I won't do is make statements exposing myself as knowing nothing about football. And I mean just basic stuff. My wife hates football, knows very little about it, and she said something like "Well he's new and young, and has to get accustomed to the NFL, but sometimes he does really good".

A person who knows anything about football can see Trevor is the real deal.

Being a blind homer does not make you an expert.  Trevor has the physical tools but so far lacks the instincts. Stats do not lie and he is one of the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. Many QB's come into the League who have the physical tools.  Gabbert had the Physical tools.   He has to be consistent and make his reads much quicker.  Can he do these things and improve his game?  Yes he can.  Will he?  We really do not know.   For every good throw he makes 2 bad ones.  His rating is in the basement for that reason.  Yes his receivers have struggled and I grant him that.  I also have seen too many just dumb decisions.  The mental game is the most difficult aspect of the NFL bar none.  Take your expert advice and be blind somewhere else.  I live in reality and can only judge what I see on the field.

The excavator should stop digging once it finds itself in a hole.

I’m gonna channel the Dad in the 70’s show. “Stupid post, [BLEEP]”
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Haven't read through the prior 6 pages but I think Trevor has progressed in each of his past 2 games. Looks like the game is slowing down for him. That said, he does have some boneheaded throws but then again so does Big Ben and other veteran QBs.

On a side note, Zach Wilson sure has looked bad in his past 2 starts.

(09-27-2021, 09:20 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Haven't read through the prior 6 pages but I think Trevor has progressed in each of his past 2 games.  Looks like the game is slowing down for him.  That said, he does have some boneheaded throws but then again so does Big Ben and other veteran QBs. 

(Emphasis added)

Wilson has been sacked eleven (11) more times on 12 fewer passes.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-27-2021, 09:22 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 09:20 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Haven't read through the prior 6 pages but I think Trevor has progressed in each of his past 2 games.  Looks like the game is slowing down for him.  That said, he does have some boneheaded throws but then again so does Big Ben and other veteran QBs. 

(Emphasis added)

My opinion but....

Trevor is getting the ball out quick even when the line is breaking down. Athleticism sure seems to help. Oline is playing better than I give then credit
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-26-2021, 10:48 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I have yet to watch the game highlights

But can someone summerise it to me in 5 words or less  Laughing

Jags improving, still lost. Tacos.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 09:39 AM by Mikey.)

(09-26-2021, 11:34 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I still have hope but.. tried to say he wasn't as great as hyped to be.. hope he changes it tho.

(09-26-2021, 10:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  To be fair, it wasn't just the Jaguars hyping him up.  Scouts, talking heads, etc. not affiliated with the Jaguars at all had him as the best QB prospect to be drafted since Luck.''

2.  The Jaguars spoke glowingly of Chaisson last year and I hated the pick.  The Jaguars spoke glowingly of Etienne this year, and many Jaguars fans hated the pick.

3.  Who would you have taken first overall, if not Lawrence?

Trey Lance was the only other QB I was interested in but not at #1. If I recall I wanted us to trade the pick for Watson, who supposidly is clear to play right now.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooof. I don't even think I'd take him for our plethora of sixth rounders.

(09-27-2021, 06:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You have to take into account some of these posters overly criticizing Lawrence are afflicted with Smartest Guy In The Room syndrome. If, on the very slim chance,  he busts they’ll strut around and point and say “See? I told you so.”

or just completely ignore their post history and start a new diatribe about the scapegoat du jour.

(Emphasis added)

@that's on pace for what, 100 sacks this year? If Fields keeps starting, he might be able to take the lead@

(Emphasis added)

Minshew v2.0 (with a stronger arm) -- both hold on to the ball too long trying to make a play.

(09-27-2021, 09:28 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 10:48 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I have yet to watch the game highlights

But can someone summerise it to me in 5 words or less  Laughing

Jags improving, still lost. Tacos.

Mmmmm, taaaacoos…

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 10:51 AM by jvillejagsn1.)

I don’t think he looks horrendous. I think he looks like a rookie trying to do too much. Trying to carry too much. He still has to learn how to play not being the best on the field constantly. How to take a sack or throw it away when nothing is there. Not to mention he needs the other players to do their jobs. Like block the one person in front of you. Like catching the ball with two hands and keeping it in your hands. He definitely has a way to go, but i wouldn’t say anything about him is horrendous.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

He's not Andrew Luck that's for sure. I'm not really seeing the put the team on your back talent here. But I guess he's alright. He does have the physical tools.

The desperation with which some of you guys defend Lawrence is very telling. You don't have to sell a great product so fiercely as its worth is self-evident.

Or.... 

Some posters are always on the teams jock while drinking the kool-aid. They are always quick to point out how their intellect is so superior but at the end of the day they always wrong. They are slow to catch on what the supposed low iq fans have been seeing. I call it short bus syndrome.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The third alternative is they'll stick doggedly to their original take, claiming he threw for 4820 yards, 38 TDs with 7 picks while winning 12 games only because of "garbage time stats".
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-27-2021, 11:22 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

The third alternative is they'll stick doggedly to their original take, claiming he threw for 4820 yards, 38 TDs with 7 picks while winning 12 games only because of "garbage time stats".

Lots of his stats have came in garbage time. Let's not delude the facts.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]