Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's be real. Lawrence looks horrendous

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 04:03 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 4 times in total.)

He is on pace to shatter the all time int record. The majority have been mostly on him. The Golden boy may need a year or two. At this rate he is looking at around 38 on the year. Ugly!

Also add to the fact he Averaging less than 200 ypg the last 2 games. Horrendous

Sure the receivers have played poor at times but the majority is on Lawrence. It's concerning.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Every thought doesn't have to be a new thread.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He looks bad I’m concerned hopefully he turns it around
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-26-2021, 03:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Every thought doesn't have to be a new thread.

This is more than a thought. This is regarding a supposed to be guaranteed franchise Qb who is struggling bad.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-26-2021, 04:00 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 03:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Every thought doesn't have to be a new thread.

This is more than a thought. This is regarding a supposed to be guaranteed franchise Qb who is struggling bad.

Ya know I clearly remember someone banging the table saying there is no such thing as a guaranteed franchise guy. Once in a lifetime, generational prospect... It's just rhetoric. Without the team around the QB they are limited. He can make the throws but if the team sucks around him he's gonna make stupid mistakes trying to fix every thing.

And yeah he hasn't been great. Here's hoping he gets better by years end. He still can make throws that are amazing so there's hope as long as he's a Jaguar.

It's a team effort. Look at the talent on the Cardinals vs the Jaguars. It's not even close. Jaguars were the least talented team in the league last year and you can't completely rebuild from that level of stink in one year.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 04:08 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

TL is fine. Why don't you direct your venom at your OC for calling a flea flicker play when the run game was working and your momentum, soul sucking kicker.

No, this thread is dumb.

First INT - TE should of caught it
2nd INT - TERRIBLE play call

I’m concerned. He was supposed to be an NFL ready QB, a prototypical player in the mold of Luck.

(09-26-2021, 03:52 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: He is on pace to shatter the all time int record. The majority have been mostly on him. The Golden boy may need a year or two. At this rate he is looking at around 38 on the year. Ugly!

Also add to the fact he Averaging less than 200 ypg the last 2 games. Horrendous

Sure the receivers have played poor at times but the majority is on Lawrence. It's concerning.

Relax Francis. Take a deep breath and remember that he's a rookie who's been asked to throw it a lot. Things will equal out.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-26-2021, 04:11 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I’m concerned. He was supposed to be an NFL ready QB, a prototypical player in the mold of Luck.

Luck went to a playoff caliber roster with a prolific and veteran coaching staff. Put him with this crew and he'd be just as bad.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-26-2021, 04:11 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I’m concerned. He was supposed to be an NFL ready QB, a prototypical player in the mold of Luck.

Most of us knew better.

I thought he easily played his best game today. Better decisions, more checking down, better accuracy. 

Yes he'll be attributed with 3 turnovers but do you really blame him for the 1st int or the fumble?

Flea flicker was bad all the way around, he'll learn from that.

Idk if it’s having 3 higher level offensive guys in Schottenheimer, Bevell, Meyer, but this offense never has a consistent flow.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 04:17 PM by SamusAranX.)

(09-26-2021, 04:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Luck went to a playoff caliber roster with a prolific and veteran coaching staff. Put him with this crew and he'd be just as bad.
What?! He inherited a team that won two games and a green HC. Pretty similar scenario

(09-26-2021, 04:14 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Most of us knew better.

Who is us? Because the scouts across the board sure said he was sure fire thing.

Did you see the TD throw to Chark?

Yet again another throw no other QB weve had could make.

If you're concerned about Lawrence...you're just a casual who knows nothing about football. Just being honest.

(09-26-2021, 04:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: TL is fine. Why don't you direct your venom at your OC for calling a flea flicker play when the run game was working and your momentum, soul sucking kicker.
Chark was actually wide open but TLaw couldn’t step up because the OLine couldn’t block.

He doesn't look like people made him out to be. He doesn't look like a generational talent, he doesn't look like the best QB to come out since Luck.
He doesn't look terrible imo, but he doesn't look good either. He looks like a rookie QB with decent talent but nothing amazing. He is not getting enough help though.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-26-2021, 04:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Luck went to a playoff caliber roster with a prolific and veteran coaching staff. Put him with this crew and he'd be just as bad.
What?! He inherited a team that won two games and a green HC. Pretty similar scenario

(09-26-2021, 04:14 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Most of us knew better.

Who is us? Because the scouts across the board sure said he was sure fire thing.

Me for one said he was unlikely to be a generational player. A number of others although we we were in the minority so "most" was hyperbole. Doesn't mean he can't be a pro bowl level player during his career. Don't knock him because people's expectations were out of whack.