Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tension boiling over

(12-12-2021, 11:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And keeping Meyer means that the team continues languishing in chaos and failure, fans stop coming to games and buying merchandise, Khan loses money and moves the team.

Unfortunately the Jags portion of the TV deals, licensing, corporate sponsorships, and gambling guarantees that Shad makes money hand over fist no matter what happens with the fans.

Only about 8% of the teams revenue comes from tickets, concessions, parking, and other game day related revenues. And that's 8% average league wide. We're 30th in attendance and have among the lowest prices for concessions and parking as Lamping loves to point out in his state of the franchise speeches. Our game day revenues are probably like 5% of the total franchises revenue pie.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-12-2021, 12:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 11:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And keeping Meyer means that the team continues languishing in chaos and failure, fans stop coming to games and buying merchandise, Khan loses money and moves the team.

Unfortunately the Jags portion of the TV deals, licensing, corporate sponsorships, and gambling guarantees that Shad makes money hand over fist no matter what happens with the fans.

Only about 8% of the teams revenue comes from tickets, concessions, parking, and other game day related revenues. And that's 8% average league wide. We're 30th in attendance and have among the lowest prices for concessions and parking as Lamping loves to point out in his state of the franchise speeches. Our game day revenues are probably like 5% of the total franchises revenue pie.

All true but don't rule out the pressures brought about by the owners of successful teams who are paying the biggest portion of the profit-sharing plan. Yes, the team is making Khan money, but how little is it contributing to the overall plan? I've read some owners want to break away from the current NFL scheme because they're tired of floating the unproductive teams.

(12-12-2021, 10:35 AM)jagman Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 09:02 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Kahn doesn't appear to know anything about football, but his biggest drawback has always been his arrogance.  

I predict a quiet deal between the two.   In the next couple of weeks Meyer experiences chest pains during a game.  Upon consultation his doctor, he learns that continuing in the high stress environment of NFL coaching is putting his health at risk.  He announces that for the sake of his family, he's stepping away from the game.   Kahn regretfully accepts his "resignation" and appoints an interim coach to finish the season.   
Jaguars fans burst into spontaneous celebration.  Banana
And then Khan sells the team and the new owner moves it to another city.  The Northeast major news networks and the NFL get what they want and Jags and fans are gone.  Everyone wins, right?

LOL.  Why would he sell the team?  He bought it as an investment, not because he cares about football.  Win or lose, the money keeps pouring in.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Khan should fire Urban now, today, before the game. Then appoint Cullen as interim head coach. Let him establish some semblance of order and function, then blow it all up and fix this mess in the off season.

Khan sticking with Urban.

Easiest way to move a team is to create an apathetic fanbase through years of poor performance and bad staff hiring.

At the same time, pretend you care about the city by investing a few million into infrastructure upgrades; chump change to someone like Khan.

Urban admitted everything but the Marvin argument to Glazer hahaha

He’s the worst

NFL Sunday game day morning with Eisen, mooch, Warner, and Irving did a 5 min segment on it. They were all shocked saying Urban needs to take responsibility. Crazy stuff.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-12-2021, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Urban admitted everything but the Marvin argument to Glazer hahaha

He’s the worst

That was a depressing video. And then Meyer said he still believes he has the full support of ownership.

Like I said in the 3rd or 4th post of this thread, the situation has become more of a test of Shad's character than Meyer's at this point. Some variation of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. We're past the point where this debacle is Meyer's fault. It was Meyer's fault up to the point where it was beyond obvious that he was in over his head and needed to be fired. Now that we've passed that point, every day that Meyer isn't fired more and more of the blame is being piled firmly on Shad's shoulders.

(12-12-2021, 08:33 AM)D6 Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 08:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I wish we'd get a report that Tony and Urbz got in a spat.

Urban Meyer has alienated Jaguars players, assistant coaches, fans, and probably many others with a connection to the Jaguars organization. It certainly wouldn't be surprising if he went over the line with Tony or does so in the foreseeable future.

He may do this on purpose to get fired.

If Shad Khan really cares about the success of the Jaguars, he will fire Meyer immediately or at the end of the season. I agree with the person who indicated Khan is actively investigating whether he could somehow cut his losses due to a breach of moral clauses in his contract. All of the posters who have indicated that free agents would not want to come here if Meyer is still coach are correct. Our hope, as diehard fans, is that Khan will realize this and not want to waste the once in a lifetime gift received from the Jets- a generational quarterback. The decision will be more influenced by his ego than financial losses. Khan losing $50 million (or whatever amount he pays Meyer off) is the equivalent of most people on this Board losing about $1,000 (or less). It wouldn't be pleasant, but would have little or no effect on our financial status. His ego, on the other hand, may not be able to survive admitting the monumental mistake he made in hiring Meyer. We all know he knows little about American football. What we don't know is whether his ego is strong enough to admit he was terribly wrong. We will be getting the answer to this question by season's end. I never thought I'd want the Jags to ever lose again after getting Lawrence. Unfortunately, it may take a pitiful performance in these last 5 games for Khan to make a move. That's why I am pulling for the Titans - G-D forgive me- to romp today. Talk about true desperation, but that's what it has come to!

I wish it was just a Meyer problem. Khan sucks. How hires are garbage and he abuses the fan base.

Taylor beat again, got lucky

(12-11-2021, 04:57 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: This is a franchise killing flat spin. You tear down a 1-15 team and make it worse. You create a tempest with amateur decision making and then try to make it worse.

No one is signing with this team to coach or play. Khan better wake up and fix this because he is going to lose out on anything positive with Lawrence. They have polluted any chance of working with Robinson.

If he retains Meyer, they should trade Lawrence because he isn't staying here long term. My wife will get her wish and I will move on after all these years. I had no idea that it was worse than my pessimism and apathy combined.

I have a problem with these takes. We are not worse than last year. We have won more games and there is still games to play. Our D is definately improved. Trevor hasnt been a gangbuster as hoped, but I dont see how people honestly think we are even worse. We arent much better, but we are better.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-11-2021, 04:15 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 01:08 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...65/photo/1

Wow lol.

Good job Khan, no question you got the right people now  Laughing

If what he said here is real....I'm all on board with Urbs!!!

This is the HC I want. I'd assume this is aimed at Bevell who has a offense which is putrid and is his track record. Cullen can be proud of his resume. Though at the same time Urb is to blame for hiring him.

Youre on board with urbs? Ja ha this urbs guy is a joke he stands on sidelines looking like a lost puppy. He needs to go yesterday

(12-12-2021, 04:01 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 04:57 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: This is a franchise killing flat spin. You tear down a 1-15 team and make it worse. You create a tempest with amateur decision making and then try to make it worse.

No one is signing with this team to coach or play. Khan better wake up and fix this because he is going to lose out on anything positive with Lawrence. They have polluted any chance of working with Robinson.

If he retains Meyer, they should trade Lawrence because he isn't staying here long term. My wife will get her wish and I will move on after all these years. I had no idea that it was worse than my pessimism and apathy combined.

I have a problem with these takes. We are not worse than last year. We have won more games and there is still games to play. Our D is definately improved. Trevor hasnt been a gangbuster as hoped, but I dont see how people honestly think we are even worse. We arent much better, but we are better.

We are absolutely worse than last year.  Our offense is the worst in team history.

We're making the same foolish mistakes every week.  Just because we've won one more game does not mean this team is better.

Meyer needs to be fired after this game today.

(12-12-2021, 04:43 PM)Newton Wrote: Meyer needs to be fired after this game today.

Yup, it needs to be announced on Monday.

I wanted to give UM a chance, but damn - I have to agree that he should be fired on Monday. This is a [BLEEP] show.

LMAO his face. He's done
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...2570900490

(12-12-2021, 04:55 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I wanted to give UM a chance, but damn - I have to agree that he should be fired on Monday.  This is a [BLEEP] show.

The NFL isn't a shut out league.  The rules of the game negate it.  Almost every shutout i've seen are as a result of at least one missed FG, Goal line stand, red zone turnover etc.  This game felt like we never crossed midfield.  I don't know if I've ever seen such a complete domination of an NFL offense.