Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Baalke to be retained as GM

When i first saw thread i thought it ready, Reported: Baalke is [BLEEP]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm confused. Wasn't Baalke only hired because Urban wanted Baalke to be the GM and draft to Urban's vision? Now everyone is saying that Urban was Baalke's decision.

Also why does Kahn keep doing this half-move firing decisions? There is little precedent for it in the NFL the way Kahn has done it, and it feels like he keeps trying to outthink what has worked for other franchises?

Disappointed in this news and his decision to retain, yet again, another failing hold over.

I don't understand Khan's logic behind keeping hold overs from regimes that have failed.

Definition of insanity. [BLEEP] mind blowing. I can't see any reason to have any optimism as a fan now in March and April.

The coaching hire could come out of left field now and instead of getting an offensive guru to fix Lawrence he'll hire some defensive assistant that nobody barely knows anything about.

Khan [BLEEP] sucks man. I wouldn't renew my tickets.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I had to check my calendar. I thought for sure somehow today was April 1.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Baalke was the GM of the team with the most money in FA in the history of the league and signs 0 top tier free agents.

Baalke was the GM of the team with the most draft capital in the teams history and his draft produced 2 players that have started the majority of the games even though he had 5 picks in the top 65.

This clown was the GM of the team when the majority of the league was over the salar cap, yet can only pry Malcolm Brown away from the Saints. The guy is an absolute joke at his job and now we are going to keep him instead of attempting to hire someone who may be competent at the job.

I for one am very grateful for everything that Shad has done for the stadium, but if he restrains Baalke it shows that he has no understanding of the game of football.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 03:19 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-27-2021, 08:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: #Jaguars GM Trent Baalke will be retained and will be involved with owner Shad Khan in the search for a new HC. Baalke will continue to report to Khan and work in sync with the new head coach, who will also have a direct reporting line to Khan.

Per Ian Rappaport

Shad Khan is a [BLEEP] idiot.

Wjay did Jaguars fans do to deserve this?!?

People state life is a blessing.  But for Jaguars fans, this part of life is more a sentence than a blessing.

I have no doubt this will hinder the coachnf search, unless his duties as GM are re-assigned to remove him from personnel decisions.

When will this nightmare end?!?

Perhaps this is Khan's way if kettubg football people make the decisions.

Under normal circumstances this would be fine.

But not of Baalke is the football guy making the football decisions.

Whether drafting, free agency or hiring coaches, when has Baalke EVER made the right decision?!?

Arguably the best and most impactful player he ever drafted was Aldon Smith, who flamed out as a criminal. Very few

Free agency? He allowed Matt Judon to go to New England after Jaguars coaches pushed for him. He never seemed to go after Hunter Henry or Jonnu Smith despite desperate need at TE.

He's gotten almost zero impact out of this draft class. In fact, our drafts since he joined this organization have been awful.

His coaches? Tomsula and Chip Kelly?!?

Egads!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-28-2021, 02:50 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 08:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: #Jaguars GM Trent Baalke will be retained and will be involved with owner Shad Khan in the search for a new HC. Baalke will continue to report to Khan and work in sync with the new head coach, who will also have a direct reporting line to Khan.

Per Ian Rappaport

Shad Khan is a [BLEEP] idiot.

Wjay did Jaguars fans do to deserve this?!?

People state life is a blessing.  But for Jaguars fans, this part of life is more a sentence than a blessing.

I have no doubt this will hinder the coachnf search, unless his duties as GM are re-assigned to remove him from personnel decisions.

I don't think it will, until Khan sells the team. He is the problem. He doesn't know anything about American football or how to hire effective leaders to run this team. Having Khan as an owner is like hiring a narcissistic, 7-Eleven manager to run an entire tech conglomerate. He is completely out of his element and he refuses to take advice from other people who know what they are doing.

(12-28-2021, 03:15 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 02:50 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Wjay did Jaguars fans do to deserve this?!?

I don't think it will, until Khan sells the team. He is the problem. He doesn't know anything about American football or how to hire effective leaders to run this team. Having Khan as an owner is like hiring a narcissistic, 7-Eleven manager to run an entire tech conglomerate. He is completely out of his element and he refuses to take advice from other people who know what they are doing.
The only way this even comes close to making sense is if this Khan's way of letting a football guy make the decision.

But Khan never should have brought this guy to the organization.

If they ever remade Shawshank Redemption, it would be a documentary about Jaguars fans. 

SMH.

Khan is the common denominator in all of the misery of the last 10 years. He is the problem.

(12-28-2021, 03:27 AM)Holger Wrote: Khan is the common denominator in all of the misery of the last 10 years. He is the problem.

David Garrards injury late in 2010 really f'd us up. Imagine if we woulda went to the playoffs instead of the clots and never had the chance to draft Gabbs. Wonder how different things would be now.

Ive been thinking and even said a time or two Baalke would not be fired. By no means am I a Baalke supporter, but UM was fired for his own shenanigans. Baalke wasnt any part of that, so he gets a pass for this poor roster. He may have thrown UM under the bus saying he wanted to draft other people but UM said no. I'll even go a step farther and say I wouldnt be at all surprised if the "new" coaching staff was Bevell as HC Shotty as OC and Cullen as Dc, a new ST coach and a few assistant coach changes. Not saying thats what Im hoping for, it just wouldnt surprise me one little bit

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 07:05 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

This is bad.  All I can do in response to this is pull back, not buy tickets, and wait and see.  If things ever work out for this team, I might go back down to the stadium.  But for now, I'm not out, but I'm not in either.  I will mentally prepare for this franchise to fail, get sold, and/or move to another city.  It's like when your parents move to a nursing home.  You start mentally preparing yourself for the inevitable.

You would think that after the abysmal failures in the draft and free agency last season, there would be some sort of reckoning.  But it appears that Baalke has persuaded Khan that all those personnel mistakes were not his.  Life can be pretty baffling sometimes.

I don't like it but I'm also not going to cry about it until I see who our coach is, our FA, and our draft

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 07:26 AM by homebiscuit.)

This answers the question on whether Khan hired outside consultation on moving the organization forward. He most definitely did not.

Someone on here said Khan likes continuity and was absolutely correct.

I’m still holding out hope this is just an unverified report. As far as I know there hasn’t been an official announcement.

(12-28-2021, 07:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't like it but I'm also not going to cry about it until I see who our coach is, our FA, and our draft

That’s a good mindset and one I’m trying to adopt. The only problem is keeping Baalke limits HC candidates. Prisco has already stated that McDaniels will definitely not work with him. Hopefully that’s not the case with others.

(12-28-2021, 07:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This answers the question on whether Khan hired outside consultation on moving the organization forward. He most definitely did not.

I’m still holding out hope this is just an unverified report. As far as I know there hasn’t been an official announcement.

(12-28-2021, 07:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't like it but I'm also not going to cry about it until I see who our coach is, our FA, and our draft

That’s a good mindset and one I’m trying to adopt. The only problem is keeping Baalke limits HC candidates. Prisco has already stated that McDaniels will definitely not work with him. Hopefully that’s not the case with others.

Or it is the case and it forces Khan to move on from him too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 07:55 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-28-2021, 07:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 07:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This answers the question on whether Khan hired outside consultation on moving the organization forward. He most definitely did not.

Or, maybe Khan is just using Baalke to help select the next head coach, but Khan tells the next head coach that he can select his own GM, sort of like what he did with Urban Meyer.  

"“GM Trent Baalke will be retained and will be involved with owner Shad Khan in the search for a new HC. Baalke will continue to report to Khan and work in sync with the new head coach, who will also have a direct reporting line to Khan,” Rapoport said in a tweet."

What a cluster [BLEEP] this organization is.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 07:55 AM by I am Yoda. Edited 1 time in total.)

How can a brilliant, billionaire owner of a football team not know as much about football as a knowledgeable fan does?? After 10 years??
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(12-28-2021, 07:53 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: How can a brilliant, billionaire owner of a football team not know as much about football than a knowledgeable fan does??  After 10 years??

I wish I knew.

He has a guy who hasn't drafted a single competent WR since he gained control over personnel in San Francisco in 2011 and has tasked him with building around Trevor freaking Lawrence,

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 08:03 AM by SeldomRite.)

(12-28-2021, 07:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 07:53 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: How can a brilliant, billionaire owner of a football team not know as much about football than a knowledgeable fan does??  After 10 years??

I wish I knew.

He has a guy who hasn't drafted a single competent WR since he gained control over personnel in San Francisco in 2011 and has tasked him with building around Trevor freaking Lawrence,

What's the simplest explanation? I'd say the simplest explanation is that he's not actually brilliant. I've said it many times throughout my life that wealth doesn't show someone has intelligence or other positive traits, it just shows they have wealth, which is why it's such a poor way to do things like selecting presidents. Success in any area generally doesn't imply any ability outside of that area, or even, necessarily, in that area.

(12-28-2021, 07:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I have no faith in anything Prisco has to say