Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A 'clown' party at the game Sunday?

(01-07-2022, 04:45 PM)Redrunt82 Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 04:30 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: Dude literally nobody cares enough about this team yo even attempt to mock us.  That's half the problem. We aren't even a laughingstock.  We're just inconsequential.  Nobody even takes notice.

Lots of people care about this team, you included, and this forum wouldn't be here if they didn't.
Advocating for the return of the bags is just an avenue for the disenfranchised fans to be able to express their angst without creating a new one, so I am not attempting to "mock us" as you put it,  I am one of the "US"...you numbnuts.

You really lack reading comprehension, fella.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2022, 05:16 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 04:45 PM)Redrunt82 Wrote: Lots of people care about this team, you included, and this forum wouldn't be here if they didn't.
Advocating for the return of the bags is just an avenue for the disenfranchised fans to be able to express their angst without creating a new one, so I am not attempting to "mock us" as you put it,  I am one of the "US"...you numbnuts.

You really lack reading comprehension, fella.

My comprehension is fine.....nice stealth edit btw
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

I doubt seriously that Khan cares anything about this, one way or the other. He won't likely be insulted by it, nor will he be compelled to act differently. He will continue on as he always has. I also don't believe the characterization that's he's just a greedy owner who only cares about money. He genuinely wants to win. He just has no idea what he's doing.

(01-07-2022, 06:03 PM)Redrunt82 Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 05:16 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: You really lack reading comprehension, fella.

My comprehension is fine.....nice stealth edit btw

Did I edit something?

(01-07-2022, 06:05 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I also don't believe the characterization that's he's just a greedy owner who only cares about money. He genuinely wants to win. He just has no idea what he's doing.

I'd agree with this.

I'm not going to wear a clown costume or red nose or whatever. I get why people would but I think it's disrespectful to the players who are giving it their all. They just don't have the support from an organizational standpoint.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Some Genius should have a stand close to the stadium selling all clown attire. He would make a fortune. I love the Clown Out Movement. Lets the owner know the fans are getting fed up with the status quo.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-07-2022, 07:32 PM)B-SMOOTH Wrote: https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...98248?s=20

Good - when it starts costing money to the team, maybe Khan will listen.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jaguars-sponsor...13471.html
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-07-2022, 08:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I'm not going to wear a clown costume or red nose or whatever. I get why people would but I think it's disrespectful to the players who are giving it their all. They just don't have the support from an organizational standpoint.

They also dont have the talent required.

(01-07-2022, 08:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I'm not going to wear a clown costume or red nose or whatever. I get why people would but I think it's disrespectful to the players who are giving it their all. They just don't have the support from an organizational standpoint.

This protest isn't against the players so it's not disrespectful at all. It's about Baalke and Khan's poor decisions. 

Actually, I imagine the players are pretty frustrated and they might think it's pretty funny.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Seems like there is a disconnect on who the blame is towards and why. Seems pretty clear it’s towards Shad for keeping Bowky.

(01-07-2022, 08:46 PM)Jags Wrote: Seems like there is a disconnect on who the blame is towards and why.  Seems pretty clear it’s towards Shad for keeping Bowky.

There is only one common denominator between 2013-present.

Shad Khan!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-07-2022, 08:44 PM)Sibelius Wrote:

This protest isn't against the players so it's not disrespectful at all. It's about Baalke and Khan's poor decisions. 

Actually, I imagine the players are pretty frustrated and they might think it's pretty funny.
Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Agreed but sadly I don't think the players understand that.

(01-07-2022, 08:39 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:

They also dont have the talent required.

That too.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Get used to it as it's not going away as Khan is the type to double down if he likes the person or thinks he is right. He will ignore everyone else's opinion and trust his feelings. He has been doing it for 10 years and still hasn't learned.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Honestly I doubt many of the players even know much about it. Myles Jack didn't really have any clue about it until his press conference yesterday.

The majority of them would probably agree with it if they know about it. Jack sure didn't jump to defend Baalke yesterday. He had to fight off laughter. Would love to hear his real thoughts on the matter. I'd be willing to bet his thoughts are very similar to the fan's.

One thing that can't be over looked is the fact that there hasn't been a single person who has stepped up to defend Baalke. Nobody on this team. Nobody in the media. Nobody around the league. Not a single person has come to his defense and that's very telling. Nobody likes the dude.

(01-07-2022, 09:11 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 08:44 PM)Sibelius Wrote: This protest isn't against the players so it's not disrespectful at all. It's about Baalke and Khan's poor decisions. 

Agreed but sadly I don't think the players understand that.

(01-07-2022, 08:39 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: They also dont have the talent required.

That too.

If you watched the video that was posted in another thread, it makes me wonder how many players would dress as a clown if they could.  This certainly isn’t anything directed towards the players.  Still not sure how I feel about the clown thing, I equate it mostly to the brown bag thing a while back. I wouldn’t dress up, heck, I don’t even dress up on Halloween.  Mainly because I’m not a kid.  Sure wouldn’t do it at a stadium.  I’d feel like a moron. But I can’t blame the  people that will.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 08:43 AM by jagherd. Edited 1 time in total.)

Yup, seems like a sound way to further encourage upper/middle tier FAs to join the Jags.

I'd definitely pick the Jags if I was a player (clown show, losing sponsors, no end in sight with inept management, blowout losses, no national primetime exposure,,,,,,, etc).

Sign me up!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 08:48 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2022, 08:38 AM)jagherd Wrote: Yup, seems like a sound way to further encourage upper/middle tier FAs to join the Jags.

I'd definitely pick the Jags if I was a player (clown show, losing sponsors, no end in sight with inept management, blowout losses, no national primetime exposure,,,,,,, etc).

Sign me up!

41 - 118 are already enough to deter players that want to win actual football games from coming here.

That won't stop a player from looking for his first major breakthrough contract though. Money always talks the loudest at the end of the day. 

If I made a couple million dollars in three years on one of those 3rd - 6th RD contracts or made a name for myself as an undrafted player or late bloomer I am licking my chops to come play here. For two reasons. 

1. They're going to more than likely overpay me in a tax free state. 
2. If I don't produce here on a contract that benefited me financially? Guess what? I can cite everything you just mentioned above as to why I couldn't live up to said contract. 

I can then sign a new deal elsewhere after jumping off the circus sideshow act and pocketing a decent amount of money before rounding out my career in a better city and environment.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."