Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson reportedly gets 2nd interview with Jaguars.

(02-01-2022, 07:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He had first time coordinators as well

Wilson/Leftwich is not a good duo for this dumpster fiire.

I have been saying since the start I wanted an Experience Coach like Caldwell/Pederson who has done this before.  This is not an ordinary coaching job.  I think we need people who has been there and done that before.

Well, you are certainly the authority on what's good and what isn't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Khan is looking to do nothing and stand pat at the end of this. He will presser where he complains about it not working out but he has confidence in the current staff working with Baalke.

At the end of this, we get nothing just like always.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-01-2022, 07:38 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Wilson/Leftwich is not a good duo for this dumpster fiire.

I have been saying since the start I wanted an Experience Coach like Caldwell/Pederson who has done this before.  This is not an ordinary coaching job.  I think we need people who has been there and done that before.

Well, you are certainly the authority on what's good and what isn't.

You are growing some brain cells and finally starting to realize. Good for you.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 07:55 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-01-2022, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 05:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know we've all been conditioned to taking anything we can get, that is better than what we had, but can't we do better?

Didnt you want Ed Dodds?

Yes. He comes from a team that was built from nothing to become good up until this past season. The Colts did it largely through the draft. Before that, he was with the Seahawks when they were good.

(02-01-2022, 07:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I am not really upset about Byron.  I do not think a first time head coach is right for this current situation.  I am 100% not sold on both a first time Gm and a first time head coach together taking over this team.  We need some experience.  Yes experience matters a ton!

Let's just bring in an experienced coach who failed somewhere else. Good logic.

(02-01-2022, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Didnt you want Ed Dodds?

Yes. He comes from a team that was built from nothing to become good up until this past season. The Colts did it largely through the draft. Before that, he was with the Seahawks when they were good.

(02-01-2022, 07:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I am not really upset about Byron.  I do not think a first time head coach is right for this current situation.  I am 100% not sold on both a first time Gm and a first time head coach together taking over this team.  We need some experience.  Yes experience matters a ton!

Pederson did not fail in Philly. Research what happened

(02-01-2022, 07:57 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes. He comes from a team that was built from nothing to become good up until this past season. The Colts did it largely through the draft. Before that, he was with the Seahawks when they were good.

Pederson did not fail in Philly. Research what happened

He purposefully tanked a game and didn't even bother trying to hide it. Just the kind of guy everyone should want........ Rolleyes

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 08:06 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

What have the Colts won since hes been there? They won one playoff game when Luck was there. Plus Ballard was their GM.  [BLEEP] we just beat them to where they didnt even make the playoffs.  Seattle was loaded, Dodds isnt the reason Seattle got to where they were lol.  I would of been good with Dodds but Spielman has a much better resume and has drafted a bunch of talent.

He has a statue outside the stadium and coached them to their only SB, what a fail lol

(02-01-2022, 08:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes. He comes from a team that was built from nothing to become good up until this past season. The Colts did it largely through the draft. Before that, he was with the Seahawks when they were good.

What have the Colts won since hes been there? They won one playoff game when Luck was there. Plus Ballard was their GM.  [BLEEP] we just beat them to where they didnt even make the playoffs.  Seattle was loaded, Dodds isnt the reason Seattle got to where they were lol.  I would of been good with Dodds but Spielman has a much better resume and has drafted a bunch of talent.

He has a statue outside the stadium and coached them to their only SB, what a fail lol

Of course Dodds wasn't the reason. I never said he was. He learned from being in those successful organizations though. He's never been a GM, so he hasn't had the chance to show what he can do, but he has learned how successful organizations are built. I want fresh, first time GM's and Head Coaches that have learned by being with successful teams, not retreads. 

And Pederson intentionally tanked a game without even trying to cover it up and was fired.

(02-01-2022, 08:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And Pederson intentionally tanked a game without even trying to cover it up and was fired.

Genius move.  The Eagles ended up with the #6 pick, traded it down to Miami for the #11 pick and also obtained the Dolphins 4th round pick and their 1st round pick in the 2022 draft.

(02-01-2022, 07:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 06:51 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I honestly think Byron is not an option anymore.

After 18 years the local population finally got around to calling him Byron instead of Brian and now we don't hire the guy?  Perhaps we should go after David Jarrard.

(02-01-2022, 06:56 PM)Newton Wrote: Yeah I think Byron had his chance and turned it down unfortunately.

Yep.  Apparently he is pissed about the Landing being torn down.

I’m pissed too. They put a parking lot in its place.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Leftwich and Wilson would have been our best chance to get good FA in the door. Everyone would have loved playing for them.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 09:09 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

Almost all coaches are retreads and fail somewhere.  Bellicheck failed in Cleveland, but he sucks right?

(02-01-2022, 08:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 08:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And Pederson intentionally tanked a game without even trying to cover it up and was fired.

Genius move.  The Eagles ended up with the #6 pick, traded it down to Miami for the #11 pick and also obtained the Dolphins 4th round pick and their 1st round pick in the 2022 draft.

Shhhh don't let the facts get in the way.

Also we have been wanting the Jags to tank the last 3 years.  Who would of been mad if we had to tank for trevor?  We sucked bad enough we did not have to but I remember that last game last year and everybody happy we lost.

(02-01-2022, 07:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:57 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Pederson did not fail in Philly. Research what happened

He purposefully tanked a game and didn't even bother trying to hide it. Just the kind of guy everyone should want........ Rolleyes

So where does "winning a Super Bowl with Nick Foles" fit along the success/fail spectrum?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-01-2022, 10:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He purposefully tanked a game and didn't even bother trying to hide it. Just the kind of guy everyone should want........ Rolleyes

So where does "winning a Super Bowl with Nick Foles" fit along the success/fail spectrum?

Facing the greatest coach and quarterback in NFL history. What a failure.

(02-01-2022, 06:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 06:17 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Ask Mike Zimmer what he thinks of Spielman. You won't get a ringing endorsement there.

Oh, ask the guy that he fired about him? lol

He didn't fire him, genious, the owner fired Zimmer and Slick Rick at the same time. For the record, Vikings fans nicknamed him Spieldope.

(02-01-2022, 08:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: After 18 years the local population finally got around to calling him Byron instead of Brian and now we don't hire the guy?  Perhaps we should go after David Jarrard.

Yep.  Apparently he is pissed about the Landing being torn down.

I’m pissed too. They put a parking lot in its place.

Are you serious?! A parking lot on riverfront property? What a bunch of morons!

(02-01-2022, 11:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 08:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I’m pissed too. They put a parking lot in its place.

Are you serious?! A parking lot on riverfront property? What a bunch of morons!

I moved out of Florida in 2005 and even then the Landon was struggling.

Back then they had a few stores, an arcade, a few restaurants in the upper corner and not much else.
Bigger stores like the old giant toy store moved out in the 90s. Outside of the Florida / Georgia games and maybe new years fireworks it was pretty dead most of the time.

(02-01-2022, 11:37 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 11:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Are you serious?! A parking lot on riverfront property? What a bunch of morons!

I moved out of Florida in 2005 and even then the Landon was struggling.

Back then they had a few stores, an arcade, a few restaurants in the upper corner and not much else.
Bigger stores like the old giant toy store moved out in the 90s. Outside of the Florida / Georgia games and maybe new years fireworks it was pretty dead most of the time.

It was a great place when I went to it growing up in the 80s and 90s. I liked eating overlooking the river and seeing some concerts there.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 01:38 AM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-01-2022, 10:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PaulCharchian/status...lyWA5VUV6Q

https://twitter.com/MikeTanier/status/14...dNrkAHJ6tQ

The two tweets are a fair assessment.  Some thoughts come to mind though:

1. Paul Charchian was the # 1 advocate in the Minneapolis St.- Paul market for the Vikings signing Kirk Cousins as an UFA in 2018.  This, after the Vikings came off a season in which they reached the NFC Championship game.  

2.  The Vikings might have had their answer at QB if Teddy Bridgewater didn't suffer a career altering non contact knee injury in the summer of 2016. Granted,  durability was a major concern regarding Bridgewater as an NFL prospect. 

3..Sam Bradford looked sensational against the Saints in the MNF opener in 2017.  Like was the case with the then St. Louis Rams, injuries quickly caught up to Bradford.  

4. If LT Christian Darrisaw can put the injuries from his rookie season behind him,  he probably will be a long term solution for the Vikings at this critical position.  RT Brian O'Neill is one of the better all around RTs in the NFL.