Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PSA: Jaguars Press Conference at 11:50 AM

(02-05-2022, 07:58 PM)tomfin2022 Wrote: I’m fine with putting the torch and pitchfork away if he’s a changed man and can truly help the team.  I just find it a little disturbing that he’s been roasted in the media for the last six weeks, and not one person from the NFL, be it a player, coach, manger, owner or media personality has publicly come to his defense.

There is absolutely zero evidence that Baalke has changed one iota.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022, 09:42 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-05-2022, 07:54 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Why didnt we do that? I'm use to saying that when I see teams draft players like chase. Jags never seem to go after those type of players on offense in the past.

Yep.  I hate thinking and saying things like that, and I love when fans of other teams say that about us.

It's been way too long since people said that about us.

Hopefully with Pederson, Trevor Lawrence, and Spielman, we will get many more statements like this about us in the future.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Watching some clips of pederson today and man is he so much more likeable than meyer was.

(02-05-2022, 09:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Watching some clips of pederson today and man is he so much more likeable than meyer was.

So true! Someone you want to root for.

(02-05-2022, 09:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Watching some clips of pederson today and man is he so much more likeable than meyer was.
Meyer was the WORST but some got behind him because he was the coach.

He sucks and should just stay at his restaurant grabbing poon.

Pederson was backing up Brett Favre when the Packers won the Superbowl I believe.

(02-05-2022, 09:46 PM)Newton Wrote:

So true! Someone you want to root for.

the play by play guy for the Eagles was on 1010xl on Friday. He raved about what kind of man Pederson is. He said that when Pederson was in Philadelphia, the two of them would meet each week during the season, just to talk about the upcoming game. The guy just raved about what a class act Pederson was. It was pretty impressive. And he's been with the Eagles for like 45 years, so he speaks with a lot of experience.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

It's not much of a hurdle is it?

(02-05-2022, 10:08 PM)captivating Wrote:

It's not much of a hurdle is it?

Really, really low bar.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-05-2022, 06:35 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 06:09 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: But the problem is then teams are hiring the right amount of minorities, but they don't have any positions of actual authority. I think with my method you're still bringing in good coaches and if there are limited minorities it could be because they simply aren't applying at the initial 100 step

So how do you enforce the quotas?

I don't think it's a matter of quotas exactly. I would come up with a number (in the example I gave, 100) 50 of them can be white and 50 of them can be a minority. If you have 75 minority applicants, they get 50 slots. If you get 75 white applicants they get 50 slots. If you get 75 white applicants and 25 minority applicants, the white applicants get 50 slots the minorities get 50 but only fill 25. That way no one can say that the NFL didn't make the same amount of slots available to minority candidates.

It was really cool to see the players come down to the stadium to meet the coach. Good stuff. I think this team is hungry for success.

That's not saying much. Meyer is a self-serving narcissist who only does things for himself. Just a garbage human being. Many people would look great by way of comparison to him.

And I'm not saying this to knock Peterson. It's just that the Meyer comparison is so obvious, it doesn't need to be said.

(02-05-2022, 10:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
 He can be our emergency QB. Probably still more accurate than Bortles.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 01:32 AM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-06-2022, 01:05 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:

That's not saying much. Meyer is a self-serving narcissist who only does things for himself. Just a garbage human being. Many people would look great by way of comparison to him.

And I'm not saying this to knock Peterson. It's just that the Meyer comparison is so obvious, it doesn't need to be said.

There are a lot of "garbage " people who are super successful in this world. Its Sheesh the guy didnt murder anyone. I would like to hear from the jags players one day in the future if and when they ever want to talk about it how bad this guy was. Yes, I know about the kicker who couldn't make typical kicks all of the sudden and he got kicked according to him. I wonder what's real and what's bs. I'm curious what all he did to piss on everyones' wheaties. Anyways, the guy is gone. I'm sure he took a big hit emotionally for not succeeding this time. It's a new era. Maybe move on already?

Now we wait 8 long months to see the results of what a good coach can do.

(02-06-2022, 01:28 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 01:05 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: That's not saying much. Meyer is a self-serving narcissist who only does things for himself. Just a garbage human being. Many people would look great by way of comparison to him.

There are a lot of "garbage " people who are super successful in this world. Its Sheesh the guy didnt murder anyone. I would like to hear from the jags players one day in the future if and when they ever want to talk about it how bad this guy was. Yes, I know about the kicker who couldn't make typical kicks all of the sudden and he got kicked according to him. I wonder what's real and what's bs. I'm curious what all he did to piss on everyones' wheaties. Anyways, the guy is gone. I'm sure he took a big hit emotionally for not succeeding this time. It's a new era. Maybe move on already?

He didn't succeed here because he's a hopeless moron who's incapable of learning anything because he believes he knows everything already. He also didn't succeed here because his heart was in the wrong place. He cares about himself and nobody else. He only took the job because he thought Lawrence was his ticket to fame at the games highest level. His grandiose sense of self-worth prevented him from putting in the work required to succeed at this level. He's basically Matt Jones at the coaching level, though Matt wasn't nearly the reprehensible turd Meyer is.

(02-06-2022, 02:11 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 01:28 AM)Jag88 Wrote: There are a lot of "garbage " people who are super successful in this world. Its Sheesh the guy didnt murder anyone. I would like to hear from the jags players one day in the future if and when they ever want to talk about it how bad this guy was. Yes, I know about the kicker who couldn't make typical kicks all of the sudden and he got kicked according to him. I wonder what's real and what's bs. I'm curious what all he did to piss on everyones' wheaties. Anyways, the guy is gone. I'm sure he took a big hit emotionally for not succeeding this time. It's a new era. Maybe move on already?

He didn't succeed here because he's a hopeless moron who's incapable of learning anything because he believes he knows everything already. He also didn't succeed here because his heart was in the wrong place. He cares about himself and nobody else. He only took the job because he thought Lawrence was his ticket to fame at the games highest level. His grandiose sense of self-worth prevented him from putting in the work required to succeed at this level. He's basically Matt Jones at the coaching level, though Matt wasn't nearly the reprehensible turd Meyer is.

The interview he gave a few weeks ago confirms this. He went into the NFL with no clue of how practice schedules and team organization works. You would think a guy would at least do a little research before jumping into a job, or at least try to get control of the situation once he saw the bottom falling out.

Even Jimmy Johnson admitted to being blindsided when he took the job at Dallas. He says he was under the impression that pro players were self-motivated at practicing and preparing for a game. When he saw that wasn’t the case he stepped up and took control. His statement was if he was going to fail, he was going to fail his way. Meyer just stood to the side and warmed his hands with the flames of the conflagration he ignited.

Sadly Urbz didn't hire himself and he had too many enablers.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-06-2022, 02:11 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 01:28 AM)Jag88 Wrote: There are a lot of "garbage " people who are super successful in this world. Its Sheesh the guy didnt murder anyone. I would like to hear from the jags players one day in the future if and when they ever want to talk about it how bad this guy was. Yes, I know about the kicker who couldn't make typical kicks all of the sudden and he got kicked according to him. I wonder what's real and what's bs. I'm curious what all he did to piss on everyones' wheaties. Anyways, the guy is gone. I'm sure he took a big hit emotionally for not succeeding this time. It's a new era. Maybe move on already?

Hopeless moron who believes he knows everything already?  You’re describing 8 out of 10 posters in this forum.