Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2: Colts vs Jags

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 04:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-14-2022, 11:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You have to make the Playoffs to get the SB.  The goal is to always win the division and then go from there.  Expect them to be the 2021 Bengals? I haven't seen 1 person say they expect this team to be in the SB lol.  Where do you come up with this [BLEEP]?  Lol.  Just because you don't expect this team to win any games this year doesn't mean doesn't mean this coach, these players, and others don't expect this team to win some games
Good lord man. You're off the rails.

I'm sure these coaches and players expect to win. They're the ones playing. We are observing which means we can be objective instead of delusional (well some of us can be objective). I want them to win every game but I expect them to be likely win between 6-8 games. You however predict 10 or more wins every single season for some reason.

Also. Here's your 2022 Bengals surprise.

https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1...TXWVNh2cXg

I agree that I think we can be the surprise team.  No SB but win the division?  Yes.  That would be a surprise for some.  The QB and coach are the most important pieces and I think we have both.  Oline needs to block better

Arden Key needs to step up this week

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-14-2022, 01:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 01:02 PM)Mikey Wrote: No. Not in the least. Everything the team does is in the spirit of preparedness. Studying film to know the tendencies of the opponent, shaping the playbook to suit the plan to attack perceived weeknesses in the opposition or to leverage your own strengths, practice, ice baths, diets, everything is done to give yourself the best chance to win, but never with the expectation that all that is a guarantee.

Are they confident that the work they put in gives them the best chance to succeed? Very possibly.
Do they understand that one play could undo all the prep they've done? Certainly.

The only thing players and coaches expect is for kickoff to be shortly after 1PM Sunday. Everything else is subject to preparation, skill, and randomized by circumstance/luck/fate call it what you will (bad calls, injuries, wind, etc.).
I call bs on that.  I'd bet money you ask each play on the team along with the coaches if they expect to win Sunday they would say yes.

There is a monumental difference between confidence and expectation.

As in "Do you think you guys are gonna win?" vs. "Are you certain you guys are gonna win?"

A "yes" response to each question is VASTLY different.

As soon as you manage to survey the team, let me know what they say.

(09-14-2022, 01:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 01:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You know you don't play for the Jags, right?  You can have different expectations than the players and coaches have. 
You aren't in their shoes. 

(I also think that some percentage of them are 100% rational  - and know they will probably lose again if they don't fix their mistakes)

Anyway - this discussion has turned into a weird semantics game anyway. I'm on to a topic not involving win/loss expectations.

The question isn't what I think or feel.  It was a question about the coaches and players.

BUT YOUR RESPONSE IS HOW YOU THINK OR FEEL THOSE COACHES AND PLAYERS WOULD RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION

You. don't. know.
"I'd bet money [blah blah blah]" is a far cry from "I have these players on record saying [blah blah blah]."

We are all speculating based on thoughts and feelings.

(09-14-2022, 01:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 01:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The question isn't what I think or feel.  It was a question about the coaches and players.

The discussion began as your expectations vs several other board members expectations.

You've moved the goalposts to coaches and players, and I'm merely keeping the discussion in its original context.

Well you should know that’s SOP.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-14-2022, 01:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 01:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I call bs on that.  I'd bet money you ask each play on the team along with the coaches if they expect to win Sunday they would say yes.

You know you don't play for the Jags, right?  

I guess that frees up my Sunday schedule.  I told everyone I had a game on Sunday.

(09-14-2022, 04:34 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 01:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I call bs on that.  I'd bet money you ask each play on the team along with the coaches if they expect to win Sunday they would say yes.

There is a monumental difference between confidence and expectation.

As in "Do you think you guys are gonna win?" vs. "Are you certain you guys are gonna win?"

A "yes" response to each question is VASTLY different.

As soon as you manage to survey the team, let me know what they say.
What?  To expect something doesn't mean it's certain that it will happen.

I get the “feeling” this team is different or at least better coached, and want to pick them. But seeing is believing. I’ll pick them when they give me reasons to pick them to win.

(09-14-2022, 06:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I get the “feeling” this team is different or at least better coached, and want to pick them. But seeing is believing. I’ll pick them when they give me reasons to pick them to win.
Think this is where I’m at.

The Jags are bad until they prove they’re not.

(09-14-2022, 06:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I get the “feeling” this team is different or at least better coached, and want to pick them. But seeing is believing. I’ll pick them when they give me reasons to pick them to win.

Beating them 7 times in a row is a decent reason

(09-14-2022, 06:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Beating them 7 times in a row is a decent reason
And yet those previous 7 times mean nothing.

(09-14-2022, 06:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 06:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Beating them 7 times in a row is a decent reason
And yet those previous 7 times mean nothing.

It means we have their number at home and I believe we have a better team on top of that.  When you beat a team over and over like that it gets in their head. When a team beats a team almost 10 times in a row you think that means nothing?

(09-14-2022, 07:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 06:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And yet those previous 7 times mean nothing.

It means we have their number at home and I believe we have a better team on top of that.  When you beat a team over and over like that it gets in their head. When a team beats a team almost 10 times in a row you think that means nothing?
Yes because it’s a brand new game. The previous game has nothing to do with the next one.

There’s not a correlation here. It’s like flipping a coin. Just because the first 7 were tails, it doesn’t mean the next one has to be heads. It’s still a 50/50 chance. 

The clots losing 7 straight to the Jags in Jacksonville has no barring on the outcome of this weekends game.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 07:31 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-14-2022, 07:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 07:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It means we have their number at home and I believe we have a better team on top of that.  When you beat a team over and over like that it gets in their head. When a team beats a team almost 10 times in a row you think that means nothing?
Yes because it’s a brand new game. The previous game has nothing to do with the next one.

There’s not a correlation here. It’s like flipping a coin. Just because the first 7 were tails, it doesn’t mean the next one has to be heads. It’s still a 50/50 chance. 

The clots losing 7 straight to the Jags in Jacksonville has no barring on the outcome of this weekends game.

In division rivals know each other very well and some teams just matchup well against others and have their number.  When a team beats another team as many times as we have the Colts in can get in their head.  They wrote the score on the walls in the locker room lol.  Inthink they have been thinking about this game every since week 17.  When you are in one's head like that it can have an affect one's game imo. Of course anything can happen anyone can win or lose any given Sunday but I think the week 17 loss will still have am affect on them

(09-14-2022, 07:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 07:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yes because it’s a brand new game. The previous game has nothing to do with the next one.

In division rivals know each other very well and some teams just matchup well against others and have their number.  When a team beats another team as many times as we have the Colts in can get in their head.  They wrote the score on the walls in the locker room lol.  Inthink they have been thinking about this game every since week 17.  When you are in one's head like that it can have an affect one's game imo.  Of course anything can happen anyone can win or lose any given Sunday but I think the week 17 loss will still have am affect on them

We have six different starters on defense this year and 6 on offense

That's 54 percent of the starting lineup. 

All playing in new schemes. 

And you think 'having their number' prior to that means anything? 

I think it means nothing other than the colts will be hungry to not look foolish.

I always thought this was pretty accurate lolol

[Image: FIr5-Nca-Xw-AYZm-Uj.jpg]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 11:26 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-14-2022, 08:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 07:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: In division rivals know each other very well and some teams just matchup well against others and have their number.  When a team beats another team as many times as we have the Colts in can get in their head.  They wrote the score on the walls in the locker room lol.  Inthink they have been thinking about this game every since week 17.  When you are in one's head like that it can have an affect one's game imo.  Of course anything can happen anyone can win or lose any given Sunday but I think the week 17 loss will still have am affect on them

I think it means nothing other than the colts will be hungry to not look foolish.

And that's just in one year!  Let's look at the number of current starters out of 22 that the Jaguars have in common with those teams over the past 7 years:

2021:  10 Starters (46%)
2020:  4 Starters (18%)
2019:  2 Starters (9%)
2018:  0 Starters (0%)
2017:  1 Starter (5%)
2016:  0 Starters (0%)
2015:  0 Starters (0%)

In three out of those seven years, the Jaguars won't have a SINGLE STARTER being the same and in a couple others, you only have one or two.  It's ridiculous to say that these games prove the current Jaguars match up well against the Colts.  You maybe, and I emphasize the word maybe, have last year, but flukes and upsets are very common in the NFL and therefore one game streaks means very little.  Should the Jaguars be favored over the Bills because we beat them last year?

I didn’t expect a win last week, but this week is as close to a “must win” as it gets.  None of the teams in our division are strong, so this is the year to realistically retain hopes of making the playoffs.  The world won’t end with a Jag’s loss, but the disappointment coinciding an almost-certain 0-4 start will effectively end any playoffs hopes and really test fan & team morale.

The game vs. the Commies was a game we COULD have won, but this is a game we SHOULD win, and should win handily for many reasons that have already been mentioned in this thread.  We’re playing at home, we’re already a better team than we were last year, the Colts are not as strong as they were last year, we are healthy, the Colts have struggled now for years in Jax, we have much better coaching in place, etc.

I’m actually expecting us to win by at least 14 points, but wouldn’t be surprised if we win in a blowout.  A loss to the Colts at home on Sunday would be a battleship sinker, but excluding shooting ourselves in the feet multiple times I can’t imagine it happening.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(09-14-2022, 08:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 07:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: In division rivals know each other very well and some teams just matchup well against others and have their number.  When a team beats another team as many times as we have the Colts in can get in their head.  They wrote the score on the walls in the locker room lol.  Inthink they have been thinking about this game every since week 17.  When you are in one's head like that it can have an affect one's game imo.  Of course anything can happen anyone can win or lose any given Sunday but I think the week 17 loss will still have am affect on them

John McKay had some good quotes, and I think one of his quotes concerning retaining experienced players in between seasons went something like this:

“When you went 0-16 the previous season, retaining experienced players isn’t all that important”
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(09-12-2022, 01:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 11:58 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: unforttanttly a streak will end,colts will  destoy jags in Jacksonville. Colts got a top qb with Matt Ryan.  he can win games by himself. 

the win streak will  end at 7 againest the colts plus 7 is a un lucky number.

7 is my lucky number. if we go by this, we taking the DUB! 

[Image: whomp-whomp-gif-12107264.gif]

(09-14-2022, 05:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 01:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You know you don't play for the Jags, right?  

I guess that frees up my Sunday schedule.  I told everyone I had a game on Sunday.

Well, you could play for the tacks, we don't really know you.