Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your schedule predictions here (wins/losses)

(07-29-2023, 12:15 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: The key to the tittitians defence is key ?

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-29-2023, 12:15 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: The key to the tittitians defence is key ?

According to Titans fans on Reddit now that they have D Hop they should win the division because and i quote "Ryan Tannehill is as good as Trevor and D hop is better than Ridley" 

So if we take the Tack fans word for it, we're screwed  Banana

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2023, 07:31 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

I refuse to sleep on any team.

In 2022 the Titans lost to the Chiefs in overtime by a FG. Ryan Tannehill did not play that game. If they would have beat the Chiefs they would have been 8-2 going into week 11. Tannehill ended up missing the final 3 games of the season which the Titans lost to Houston by 5 points and they lost to the Jaguars by 4 points. Who knows, if they have a healthy Tannehill they might have finished the season 10-7 and win the division.

Tannehill is going into his 5th season with the Titans and he’s only lost 19 games since he’s been there. His record as the Titans starting QB is 39-19, and he’s never lost more than 6 games in a season. In 2019 he won 7 games, in 2020 he won 11 games, 2021 he won 12 games and in 2022 he won 6 games.

Since signing with the Titans in 2019 he has thrown 89 TDs with 33 ints.

The Texans were a mess last year and still managed to beat the Jaguars at home.

-SM

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2023, 07:53 AM by Mikey.)

(07-28-2023, 06:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Not sure where to put this, but I’ve been checking out the Chiefs lately and their fans are saying they will probably lose to the Jaguars in week 2.

not unless Kelce is a holdout or somehow suspended. Dude's a cheat code.

(07-29-2023, 02:22 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

According to Titans fans on Reddit now that they have D Hop they should win the division because and i quote "Ryan Tannehill is as good as Trevor and D hop is better than Ridley" 

I'm as scared about them signing DHop as I was about them signing Julio.

(07-30-2023, 12:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I refuse to sleep on any team.

In 2022 the Titans lost to the Chiefs in overtime by a FG. Ryan Tannehill did not play that game. If they would have beat the Chiefs they would have been 8-2 going into week 11. Tannehill ended up missing the final 3 games of the season which the Titans lost to Houston by 5 points and they lost to the Jaguars by 4 points. Who knows, if they have a healthy Tannehill they might have finished the season 10-7 and win the division.

Tannehill is going into his 5th season with the Titans and he’s only lost 19 games since he’s been there. His record as the Titans starting QB is 39-19, and he’s never lost more than 6 games in a season. In 2019 he won 7 games, in 2020 he won 11 games, 2021 he won 12 games and in 2022 he won 6 games.

-SM

I think this says more about the state of our division during that time than it says about Tanny's exceptional quarteringback.

Looking at our schedule I think we go 13-4 but every team loses a game they should win so I'll say 11-5/12-4 but we win the South and make the AFCCG. Who knows from there.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2023, 05:13 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

If that post was from 2013, when Tannehill was in his 2nd year and DHop was a rookie, I'd have to say their statement is correct.  Of course, Trevor and Calvin were only in 8th and 9th grade at that time ..... but who's counting.

I have 11 wins here. I see a win against the Chiefs but a loss to the Falcons. That's how goofy it will be to start out.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2023, 07:43 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(08-02-2023, 05:40 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I have 11 wins here. I see a win against the Chiefs but a loss to the Falcons.  That's how goofy it will be to start out.

I’m with you on the KC game.

(07-31-2023, 07:49 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(07-28-2023, 06:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Not sure where to put this, but I’ve been checking out the Chiefs lately and their fans are saying they will probably lose to the Jaguars in week 2.

not unless Kelce is a holdout or somehow suspended. Dude's a cheat code.

(07-29-2023, 02:22 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: According to Titans fans on Reddit now that they have D Hop they should win the division because and i quote "Ryan Tannehill is as good as Trevor and D hop is better than Ridley" 

I'm as scared about them signing DHop as I was about them signing Julio.

(07-30-2023, 12:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I refuse to sleep on any team.

-SM

I think this says more about the state of our division during that time than it says about Tanny's exceptional quarteringback.

Those losses are against the entire NFL not just the division, but I see what you’re saying. 19 losses is still 19 losses.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2023, 07:56 AM by Mikey.)

(08-02-2023, 01:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Looking at our schedule I think we go 13-4 but every team loses a game they should win so I'll say 11-5/12-4 but we win the South and make the AFCCG. Who knows from there.

that's some interesting maths you got goin on there.

Wink

(08-02-2023, 07:40 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(07-31-2023, 07:49 AM)Mikey Wrote: I think this says more about the state of our division during that time than it says about Tanny's exceptional quarteringback.

Those losses are against the entire NFL not just the division, but I see what you’re saying. 19 losses is still 19 losses.

5 seasons is up to 30 games against the AFCS. That's a lotta stat-padding when you look at how we all have fared over those years.

It is what it is

(08-02-2023, 05:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-29-2023, 02:22 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: According to Titans fans on Reddit now that they have D Hop they should win the division because and i quote "Ryan Tannehill is as good as Trevor and D hop is better than Ridley" 

If that post was from 2013, when Tannehill was in his 2nd year and DHop was a rookie, I'd have to say their statement is correct.  Of course, Trevor and Calvin were only in 8th and 9th grade at that time ..... but who's counting.

Meh, Tannehill wasn't ever very good with the Dolphins, he's had a year or two of solid stats but when you really look into it, it's pretty clear AJ Brown/Derrick Henry were the main source of his success. 

Look how Tannehill fell off the map when AJ Brown got traded, and then how Jalen Hurts went from meh to a superstar.

He’s good enough to make the Titans a tough out. They were 7-3 at one point last year. I don’t think the Jaguars win in week 18 last year if Tannehill was playing.

The bottom line is they are well coached and shouldn't be an easy out and they'll either play us tough and close as we sweep them or we may split with them.  That said I think we win the division over them by a game or two.

I think the by game predictions are too hard as NFL games can be completely random. I usually think of it in sections. Typically 4 game stretches but being lazy so I'll do 8.

at colts, chiefs, texans, falcons and bills in london, colts, at saints, at steelers. I want to say 6-2 but feels like 5-3 to me. Going 0-2 against chiefs and bills seems plausible but then that means 5-1 in the other six games. So I'm leaning towards 1-1 against cheifs and bills and then 4-2 in the remainder. the three games against colts and texans should be wins but who knows. havent seen these young QBs in the NFL so teams won't have as much tape to expose their weaknesses. we could easily slip up. At Steelers could be tough. Not sure how Pickett will have progressed.

niners, titans, at texans, bengals, at browns, ravens, at bucs, panthers. This feels much harder than the first eight games but I'm leaning towards 5-3 here as well. Hopefully the offense will really be clicking by now and praying that we can figure out how to generate some pass rush with what we have. splitting the niners and titans seems reasonable but tough. at bucs seems like only easy game. no idea what to think of panthers.

so 10-6 going into final weekend at tennessee. if that is the case I woudlnt be surprised if the division title is on the line once again.

I'm not quite as optimistic as a lot of people. I worry about the defense. We had a lot of opportunistic turnovers late in the year which we can't rely on again. In theory that should be offset by the bad losses early in the season where hte defense couldnt stop anyone late. Unless some of our young guys develop, I feel like our defense will be worse. No Key and who knows how Smoot will play. Arguably our two best pass rushers last year from a defense that wasn't fantastic. We just dont have a game changer on defense anywhere... unless someone develops.

(08-11-2023, 10:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He’s good enough to make the Titans a tough out. They were 7-3 at one point last year. I don’t think the Jaguars win in week 18 last year if Tannehill was playing.

That team in totality makes for a tough out, Ryan Tannehill scares me about as much as Blake Bortles would have in ‘17

The tacks always find a way to either beat us or play a competitive game. Their entire roster could come out on crutches and somehow we would find a way to keep them in the game. Let's hope Doug can put an end to it.

I remembered this thread and was curious about who was good at predicting wins and losses.  ChrisJagBoy is in the lead with predicting 10 out of 11 games correctly.  His only miss was thinking the Jaguars would at home against the Texans in Week 3.  Below are the standings:

1st:  ChrisJagBoy at 10-1

2nd (tie):  NYC4Jags, JaguarJosh2 and SnowWolf776 at 9-2

5th (tie):  Caldrac, The Eleventh Doctor and Jag149 at 8-3.

If the Jaguars win next week against the Bengals, Snowie moves into a tie for first place with ChrisJagBoy who predicted a loss.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2023, 11:22 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-27-2023, 10:50 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I remembered this thread and was curious about who was good at predicting wins and losses.  ChrisJagBoy is in the lead with predicting 10 out of 11 games correctly.  His only miss was thinking the Jaguars would at home against the Texans in Week 3.  Below are the standings:

1st:  ChrisJagBoy at 10-1

2nd (tie):  NYC4Jags, JaguarJosh2 and SnowWolf776 at 9-2

5th (tie):  Caldrac, The Eleventh Doctor and Jag149 at 8-3.

If the Jaguars win next week against the Bengals, Snowie moves into a tie for first place with ChrisJagBoy who predicted a loss.

If only I picked the Tin Horns.. I really didn't believe in Stroud at all lol.

Also i'd change my predictions a bit now, think we take the Bungles easy without JB, Ravens scare me a lot more right now aswell.