Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My thoughts through first 2 preseason games

On the money free agent.  But with the middle taken out.  It is possible he can get 10 to 12.  Jackson and Marks are dominating.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hardly no pass rush?  They had three pressures on 8 passing downs versus Winston/Bucs yesterday. After that, the second team defense came out. 

Is pressure on 37.5% of passing downs considered "no pressure??" 
Really?  A second year qb who benefited from a stacked team in college.  In a vanilla offense?   I am looking over all not a meaningless game. But nice teal shades.

#Gojags

Quote:Really?  A second year qb who benefited from a stacked team in college.  In a vanilla offense?   I am looking over all not a meaningless game. But nice teal shades.

So you're just ignoring the fact that the starting defense held Winston to zero completions and pressured him on 3 of 8 passing downs? That's not teal shades - it's a stat that should give you a bit of hope. 

Winston threw for 4000 yds and 22 TDs last year, BTW.  You trying to downplay his talent only makes your argument weaker.

This starting line has had maybe 15-16 chances to rush the passer so far in preseason.  so  -  There are no real declarations to be made about them yet, but I'm willing to bet good money they'll pressure QBs a lot more often than they did last year. 

Pass rush from the outside will come in time two rookies figuring it out, but they have been getting pressure up the middle consistently. I do agree with what you think of Henne but it seems Blake loves the guy, he is the first guy he looks for when celebrating and when something goes wrong he is the first Blake goes to talk too. He is here for Blake and it took a long time for us to find a good starting QB may take a while to find a good back up.

;

;

All I am saying.  Is if Fowler does not pan out like they want him too early.  Ya look at what else is out there.  And highly doubtful due to bad charactor anyone else pick up Hardy.  And regardless of the attitude.  He still is most likely the best of the available.

And if that is your arguement. That is fine.  But not like Williams and Jackson are terrible either. Williams made johnny look better then he was.

#Gojags

Preseason isn't real. Why are people complaining about stats and play, but at the same time complaining about the cost of preseason tickets because it's not real?

Anyone?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:All I am saying. Is if Fowler does not pan out like they want him too early. Ya look at what else is out there. And highly doubtful due to bad charactor anyone else pick up Hardy. And regardless of the attitude. He still is most likely the best of the available.

And if that is your arguement. That is fine. But not like Williams and Jackson are terrible either. Williams made johnny look better then he was.
Stop posting or take an English class.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 07:59 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Anytime someone says anything remotely debatable.   Instead of having a discussion get.  "see above poster".  Grow up.

#Gojags

Quote:Anytime someone says anything remotely debatable. Instead of having a discussion get. "see above poster". Grow up.
1. None of your posts make sense so people have no clue what you're talking about.

2. You're wrong most of the time anyway

What am I wrong on?  Cause I have been a fan since day one.  A die hard one.  What debate or trivia contest ya like to have?

#Gojags

Quote:What am I wrong on? Cause I have been a fan since day one. A die hard one. What debate or trivia contest ya like to have?
Colvin is our best corner? Wrong.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 08:04 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Prove otherwise?  House was a nickle in GB.  Prince was not a starter.  And gratz stunk on Uconn.  

#Gojags

Quote:Prove otherwise? House was a nickle in GB. Prince was not a starter. And gratz stunk on Uconn.
Lol is this real?

What proof do you have that Colvin is our best corner? Who starts on the outside every game? Who led the team is passes defended last year? Who continually guards the other teams best WR?

I'll help you... It's not Colvin.

Quote:Dante's production was mostly schemed at UF.  He is kind of the blue chip version of Ryan Davis.  When blockers got their hands on Dante, he was shut down.  He lacks consistent counter moves and the power to walk tackles back.  He is never going to be the 12+ sack dominant Leo that everyone wants, but he can still be the guy that gets you 6-10 well timed sacks per year if you are creative with him.

I was excited seeing some of the things from Dante early in camp, but he still has a long way to go as a pure pass rusher.  
I disagree, he has the counter moves (inside swim, inside spin, and a bull rush)...he just doesn't have the first necessary move (a scary pure outside speed/bend rush) that allow the counters to work. 

No one would be scared of Freeney's spin move if he didn't have a terrifying outside speed rush for the spin to counter off of. Until he learns that he's just gonna be a good run stopper that gets the occasional sack from a good scheme or from cleaning up after Malik or whatnot creates pressure somewhere else. 

Okay when we get tore up I dont want to hear a word.  \

Because the reality is this?  Ramsey is not ready to go against the best receivers.  Prince still has to learn the system.  And house and who?   Unless we score in bunches.  And have a shoot out.  It will be very tough to win.  Out the gate.

#Gojags

Quote:I disagree, he has the counter moves (inside swim, inside spin, and a bull rush)...he just doesn't have the first necessary move (a scary pure outside speed/bend rush) that allow the counters to work. 

No one would be scared of Freeney's spin move if he didn't have a terrifying outside speed rush for the spin to counter off of. Until he learns that he's just gonna be a good run stopper that gets the occasional sack from a good scheme or from cleaning up after Malik or whatnot creates pressure somewhere else. 

Sounds logical.  If he can learn he could be scary.  Or could end up another harvey.   However he has shown more potential then harvey ever did.

#Gojags

He's not gonna be Harvey bad, don't worry about that.

Quote:Prove otherwise? House was a nickle in GB. Prince was not a starter. And gratz stunk on Uconn.

House broke the Jags franchise record for passes defended last year and lead the team in interceptions.

Colvin had 0 interceptions last year and has been regulated to the nickel.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:House broke the Jags franchise record for passes defended last year and lead the team in interceptions.

Colvin had 0 interceptions last year and has been regulated to the nickel.

Okay fair enough.

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2016, 08:22 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Okay fair enough.
Except for the fact teams use Nickle defense 60%  so who is the best corner again?  Who is best at the Nickle?  Colvin.  Though house is dominant as well.

#Gojags