Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags looking to trade depth

I may be off, but are our tight ends good enough to be trade bait? Other than Thomas of course, I don't see anything in our other tight ends that I'd even give a 7th round pick for. What depth are they talking about? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is stupid. Depth is a good thing for good teams.

So in one thread you complain that Bortles is going to get killed and now it's stupid to think about trading some depth for offensive linemen?  

Makes perfect sense.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:This is stupid. Depth is a good thing for good teams.

I am awestruck by how few people understand that we would hypothetically be trading players that would otherwise be cut.

All of the people losing their mind "OMG WHY WOULD WE TRADE DEPTH NOW THAT WE HAVE IT!?!"....

Hate to burst your bubble, but that Jaguars are going to have to cut a couple dozen players....*GASP*.....Now just imagine that maybe one of those players you are going to cut could then be traded for a 6th round pick...Isn't that worth pursuing?

I know it is probably confusing to most Jags fans, seeing that we have good players that will have to be cut, but this is somewhat common for teams that don't have absolute dumpster fires for rosters. Teams get deep at a certain position group (Jags Dline) and thin at others (Jags Oline). Whether you like the depth at Dline or not, some of the Dlinemen on our roster are going to be saying goodbye. You either get compensated for them leaving or not.

"WHY DO THEY WANT TO TRADE AWAY ALL OF THE GOOD PLAYERS NOW THAT WE HAVE THEM!?!"

Never mind...

Quote:I am awestruck by how few people understand that we would hypothetically be trading players that would otherwise be cut.

All of the people losing their mind "OMG WHY WOULD WE TRADE DEPTH NOW THAT WE HAVE IT!?!"....

Hate to burst your bubble, but that Jaguars are going to have to cut a couple dozen players....*GASP*.....Now just imagine that maybe one of those players you are going to cut could then be traded for a 6th round pick...Isn't that worth pursuing?

I know it is probably confusing to most Jags fans, seeing that we have good players that will have to be cut, but this is somewhat common for teams that don't have absolute dumpster fires for rosters. Teams get deep at a certain position group (Jags Dline) and thin at others (Jags Oline). Whether you like the depth at Dline or not, some of the Dlinemen on our roster are going to be saying goodbye. You either get compensated for them leaving or not.

"WHY DO THEY WANT TO TRADE AWAY ALL OF THE GOOD PLAYERS NOW THAT WE HAVE THEM!?!"

Never mind...

Thing is, we wouldn't be getting anything good in return. DC is a master when it comes to trades, so maybe it is possible. But i doubt we get any good OL for Marks, Bennett, or Alualu. And Caldwell won't give up a high draft pick for a good one.

OL play across the league is pretty bad, so I think we will just have to play this season out with the guys we have. Maybe we will be suprised with atleast a competent run blocking offensive line.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Thing is, we wouldn't be getting anything good in return. DC is a master when it comes to trades, so maybe it is possible. But i doubt we get any good OL for Marks, Bennett, or Alualu. And Caldwell won't give up a high draft pick for a good one.

OL play across the league is pretty bad, so I think we will just have to play this season out with the guys we have. Maybe we will be suprised with atleast a competent run blocking offensive line.

Depth. You trade depth at one position to acquire depth elsewhere. Or picks.

I think some are taking this a bit too far, though.

Talking about second rounders and top talent.

Waiver wire is waiver wire.

Why trade if they're going to hit the streets?

Guys worth keeping are guys worth keeping.  Not likely to be traded.

I don't expect any "surprises" here.  So, really not much meat on the bone to this "story."

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I bet a team like the Cardinals or Steelers would love to trade for Marcedes Lewis. Especially the Steelers because Ladarius Green is having all sorts of problems with concussions.
Shock the world

Quote:I think some are taking this a bit too far, though.

Talking about second rounders and top talent.

Waiver wire is waiver wire.

Why trade if they're going to hit the streets?

Guys worth keeping are guys worth keeping. Not likely to be traded.

I don't expect any "surprises" here. So, really not much meat on the bone to this "story."

I agree.
Shock the world

Quote:I bet a team like the Cardinals or Steelers would love to trade for Marcedes Lewis. Especially the Steelers because Ladarius Green is having all sorts of problems with concussions.

I could see that, but I would wager it's more likely to be about them approaching us than us shopping Marcedes.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I could see that, but I would wager it's more likely to be about them approaching us than us shopping Marcedes.

After what DC did to them for Scobee, I seriously doubt the Steelers are going to be hitting up Dave up asking about a trade anytime soon.  Confusedweat:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Depth. You trade depth at one position to acquire depth elsewhere. Or picks.

At that point, it isn't really considered adding depth. You're adding a camp body for what we consider as good depth.

Like pirkster said, attack the waiver wire to add "depth".
No commercial messages in sigs

If we can trade Alualu for for a LG of similar talent, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Quote:If we can trade Alualu for for a LG of similar talent, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'd sign on for that one.  

Quote:If we can trade Alualu for for a LG of similar talent, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

X1000

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016, 05:02 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

Just put Alualu at LG and call it good.  Vince Manuwai 2.0

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016, 06:38 PM by Jerrad.)

A scrub LG then?

Unless you mean talent level of alualu at FB.

In that case we can get Zack Martin or Marshall Yanda.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Listening to Jaguars Monday and they believe Marks is in jeopardy of getting cut. Boselli believes the final two spots on the defensive line will come down to Bennett, Alualu, and Marks. This is assuming Day is healthy and is taking up a roster spot.

Maybe Sen'Derrick is the player they'll try to trade away since he should have the most value of the three.

Quote:Listening to Jaguars Monday and they believe Marks is in jeopardy of getting cut. Boselli believes the final two spots on the defensive line will come down to Bennett, Alualu, and Marks. This is assuming Day is healthy and is taking up a roster spot.

Maybe Sen'Derrick is the player they'll try to trade away since he should have the most value of the three.
No way Marks is getting cut. I just don't see it. Day is safe too. Most likely Bennett.

Quote:No way Marks is getting cut. I just don't see it. Day is safe too. Most likely Bennett.

I don't see it either, but they were saying his legs don't look the same as the did pre-injury even with all the time that's passed.

Quote:I don't see it either, but they were saying his legs don't look the same as the did pre-injury even with all the time that's passed.

Yeah watching him against the Jets second unit was underwhelming. I really really really hope he starts getting back to form. Marks is the man.
Shock the world