Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Evil Dead as well.

A lot of low budget films are horror for that very reason.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watched The Light between Oceans last night with the misses. Pretty good movie, but quite sad and messed up.

Really wanna see Don't Breath and Hell or High Water. Both have really good reviews.

I saw Bone Tomahawk last night.. Great movie and classic Kurt Russell
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Yeah, Yojimbo is one of my favorites. I really loved Fistful of Dollars as well, but there is definitely no denying that Leone stole the plot. I've watched that video about Kurosawa many times before, assumed it was Every Frame a Painting before clicking. I love his video analysis on various film subjects.

I watched the movie Spotlight recently and enjoyed it. Some phenomenal acting from Ruffalo and Keaton. 

I was surfing around the free movies on Comcast On Demand yesterday, and guess what turned up?   Ran!   So we watched it, for the second time, and wow, what a masterpiece of cinema that is.   About one hour into the movie, that battle sequence, where the two eldest sons team up to take the castle from the old man, when Kurosawa turns off the sound and just plays the score, that is so brilliant.   And then the startling way he turns the sound of battle back on a few minutes later.   Just incredible filmmaking.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9P1VRTxIY

Watching The Ghost and Mr. Chicken..

Don Knotts is still awesome

As a grandparent, I'm pretty much stuck with the kiddie movies. However, The Secret Life Of Pets was hilarious. I also saw Finding Dory and both were worthwhile.

I saw Jason Bourne. I saw the first one, and none until now. It seemed like the first one in a new wrapper.

As far as online, I saw Going Big on Hulu + with Bill Murray, and liked it a bunch. The dumb and dumber lovers would likely love that one.

Don't have anything to add. My cancer has had me home for a year and a half, and I see everything on TV it seems. It all sort of runs together. Hope the bit I shared helps though. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:As a grandparent, I'm pretty much stuck with the kiddie movies. However, The Secret Life Of Pets was hilarious

Dude.. When they showed the picture of Ricky, I bout had tears in my eyes from laughter haha

Check out the Fifty Shades of Darker Trailer. It is gonna be better than the first one. lol

Quote:I liked Bone Tomahawk.

Quote:I saw Bone Tomahawk last night.. Great movie and classic Kurt Russell

We are the smartest men here, no question.

Lately I've been watching these late night movies on Cinemax...I'm hooked.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Dude.. When they showed the picture of Ricky, I bout had tears in my eyes from laughter haha
Ricky is Da Man!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I saw Bone Tomahawk last night.. Great movie and classic Kurt Russell
I've been wanting to watch this but wasn't sure about it. You have made my decision easy to put in it my Netflix queue to watch. I love classic Kurt Russell. 

Quote:Lately I've been watching these late night movies on Cinemax...I'm hooked.
So that's an accurate depiction of you in your avatar?  :thumbsup:

Quote:So that's an accurate depiction of you in your avatar? :thumbsup:

(Kleenex not pictured)
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 02:55 PM by superfan32.)

lol...I'm too old to stay up that late.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:(Kleenex not pictured)

Quote:lol...I'm too old to stay up that late.

LMBO to both comments. 

I thought Sully was really good.

I really wanna see that.. I also wanna see The Magnificent Seven & The Infiltrator.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Lately I've been watching these late night movies on Cinemax...I'm hooked.

At least your wrist is...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???