Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

Has anyone seen any really good movies lately? I don't just mean recent movies either, maybe you saw an older movie that was pretty good, let us know about that one too.

If you saw a movie that you thought was just terrible, I guess you could try to warn us about that in here also.

There are so many movies out there that there just has to be a few movie buffs in here.

Go ahead and discuss all things movies.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let's just say that Ted 2 is no Ted 1

If you haven't seen the remake of 3:10 To Yuma, do so expeditiously.

Believe it or not, Angry Birds was pretty good..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I've been watching a lot of horror/sci-fi movies from redbox the past few months. Verdict:

Great movies:  The Visit, The Funhouse Massacre, Freaks of Nature, The Green Inferno, The Other Side of the Door, 10 Cloverfield Lane

Really good: Krampus, The VVitch, Scout's Guide to the Apocalypse, The 5th Wave

Meh:  Crimson Peak, 400 Days

Kinda Lame: Alien Strain, They Found Hell, The Offering

If I had to recommend one, I think the Funhouse Massacre would probably appeal to the most people.

Also, I think The Visit is probably M. Night Shyamalan's best movie.

Quote:Believe it or not, Angry Birds was pretty good..

I don't like being trolled

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I don't like being trolled

That's how you know when you've reached a 5 star troll status.. When people have no idea if you're really trolling or not..

But, for the sake of argument, I'm not trolling.. I thought it was gonna be horrible, but it really wasn't.

Quote:That's how you know when you've reached a 5 star troll status.. When people have no idea if you're really trolling or not..

But, for the sake of argument, I'm not trolling.. I thought it was gonna be horrible, but it really wasn't.

Rotten tomatoes, imdb, and Mr Epert disagree.  I'll let someone else make the mistake of believing you on this one.  Sure looks like a troll to me

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Rotten tomatoes, imdb, and Mr Epert disagree. I'll let someone else make the mistake of believing you on this one. Sure looks like a troll to me

Eh, sometimes critics can be wrong. I'm my own critic. I've seen and liked tons of movies that the so called experts didn't like.

Upload (2007) is pretty good.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I've been watching a lot of horror/sci-fi movies from redbox the past few months. Verdict:

Great movies:  The Visit, The Funhouse Massacre, Freaks of Nature, The Green Inferno, The Other Side of the Door, 10 Cloverfield Lane

Meh:  Crimson Peak, 400 Days

If I had to recommend one, I think the Funhouse Massacre would probably appeal to the most people.

Nice answer with reviews VisitingCobra. This is what I was looking for.

I also enjoyed The Visit movie. It was a different type of horror/thriller movie.

I don't have great expectations when I watch a movie, I just want to be entertained, that's all.

Has anyone seen the new Jason Bourne movie yet?

Quote:I've been watching a lot of horror/sci-fi movies from redbox the past few months. Verdict:

Great movies: The Visit, The Funhouse Massacre, Freaks of Nature, The Green Inferno, The Other Side of the Door, 10 Cloverfield Lane

Meh: Crimson Peak, 400 Days

Any of these "creepy" as opposed to slasher flicks. I don't mind a slasher flick, but prefer creepy ones, especially around Halloween.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Has anyone seen the new Jason Bourne movie yet?

Yes. Here's the synopsis: BANG, BANG, BANG (gunfire, not pron), fighting, punching, kicking, an occasional scene with a dreadful looking Tommy Lee Jones mouthing his lines for a quick paycheck, more BANG, BANG, BANG, vrrrooooomm, vrrooooom, screeeeeech, vrooom, BANG, BANG, BANG, CRASH, running, fighting, shooting, minimal dialogue to establish a paper-thin plot scattered throughout, end credits.

Quote:Yes. Here's the synopsis: BANG, BANG, BANG (gunfire, not [BAD WORD REMOVED]), fighting, punching, kicking, an occasional scene with a dreadful looking Tommy Lee Jones mouthing his lines for a quick paycheck, more BANG, BANG, BANG, vrrrooooomm, vrrooooom, screeeeeech, vrooom, BANG, BANG, BANG, CRASH, running, fighting, shooting, minimal dialogue to establish a paper-thin plot scattered throughout, end credits.

So-- better than the last one it sounds...

Conjuring 2 and Lights Out were pretty good. I know this isn't a movie but Stranger Things from Netflix is probably the best thing I've seen all year. 8 episodes long but damn was it good.

Quote:Any of these "creepy" as opposed to slasher flicks. I don't mind a slasher flick, but prefer creepy ones, especially around Halloween.

I'm just assuming what you mean by creepy, but The Visit, The Other Side of the Door and the VVitch probably fits that description.  A lot of the other ones I mentioned fit more into horror/comedy but are extremely well made.  The Green Inferno is creepy in a whole different way.  It's exactly what I'd expect from an Eli Roth movie, but what's amazing is that I can't even figure out how he made the movie.

Quote:Conjuring 2 and Lights Out were pretty good. I know this isn't a movie but Stranger Things from Netflix is probably the best thing I've seen all year. 8 episodes long but damn was it good.

I keep hearing the Conjuring 2 is good, but I was so bored with horror movies for years I missed all the prequels and may have to catch up.  I saw the first 2 episodes of Stranger Things and am not blown away yet, but the sheer fact that I'm watching it is a good sign, because I hardly every watch a television series.  

Watched Children Of Men and All is lost (Robert Redford) recently.

Seen it before but Children Of Men is a great film that you rarely hear people talk about.

Quote:Has anyone seen the new Jason Bourne movie yet?
I saw it today. It was good, but not as good as the first three in certain ways. Apparently Paul Greengrass wrote this script instead of Tony Gilroy who wrote the first three and it makes a big difference. Oh, and the shaky cam is back. 

Without going into too much detail there were some interesting revelations about Jason Bourne/David Webb and how he came to be but the rest of it just fell flat. There was a revenge side plot. The typical car chase scene and the iconic hand to hand fights. But again, they all fell flat. It pains me to say that because Bourne is one of my favorite franchise films and I love Matt Damon as Bourne. I'm not mad I spent money on it but I wouldn't go see it again at the theater. 

I thought Star Trek beyond was awesome