Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Bradley goes 10-6

Quote:NO! If the Jags have a top 8 defense, I think he will be a good coach. Unfortunately this clown is always #26-30. Gus has nothing to do with Blake and A-Rob being the top 2 draft picks in Jags history (yes, ahead of MJD). Gus is actually holding them back by coaching a terrible defense.

#1 Boselli

#2 Taylor

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There once was this guy named Tony who is clearly the best draft pick in Jags history.

Disagree. Bortles has changed the franchise. Boselli didnt

Quote:Disagree. Bortles has changed the franchise. Boselli didnt

Thanks Mrs. Bortles.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Disagree. Bortles has changed the franchise.
I wouldn't go that far...yet.

He is helping to change the outlook and perception of this franchise...but until he produces some winning seasons and championships, I'd characterize your statement as premature.

I am excited about his possibilities though.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Boselli had a legitimate HOF career and was discussed as such both then and now. Bortles has played 2 seasons. Be real.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Boselli had a legitimate HOF career and was discussed as such both then and now. Bortles has played 2 seasons. Be real.

Give her a break.  It's her son.  

I hope so anyway, otherwise she's just kinda creepy the way she always comes running to his rescue...

Boselli is on the HOF card to go in every year. Bortles hasn't even had a winning season yet. Hasn't been to the playoffs. Hasn't won a playoff game. Hasn't been an all pro.

Boselli made the franchise, and was a large reason why the Jaguars made it to the AFCC in only their second season.

'02

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2016, 03:27 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I'm concerned that Bradley isn't the answer. If he was a good coach he'd have gotten more out of our previous roster. Great personality and fiery/passionate and all that but I am leaning towards finding a coach that knows more about his X's and O's that can get the group to execute the defensive scheme at a higher level. Too many bone-headed mistakes in games and a lack of adjusting his philosophy through the course of a game when we're giving up the same stuff over and over again. On the contrary, it's a proven system in Seattle with the right talent but hopefully we're getting a lot closer.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:I'm concerned that Bradley isn't the answer. If he was a good coach he'd have gotten more out of our previous roster. Great personality and fiery/passionate and all that but I am leaning towards finding a coach that knows more about his X's and O's that can get the group to execute the defensive scheme at a higher level. Too many bone-headed mistakes in games and a lack of adjusting his philosophy through the course of a game when we're giving up the same stuff over and over again. On the contrary, it's a proven system in Seattle with the right talent but hopefully we're getting a lot closer.

I think a lot of people who aren't sold on Bradley think this way.

I just see too many situations in games where he appears to be getting out-coached and just don't see any/many times where he is actually the one doing the out-coaching.

Yes, a team needs players to be successful, but don't underestimate the difference a good coach can make vs a mediocre or even a bad coach with the exact same players.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Let's say he goes 10-6 and we win the division to make the playoffs. Will you think Bradley is a good coach?
This team could go 16-0 and some people on here would still hate on Bradley.

It is what it is.

If we were winning more the ice cream social talk would be well received. 

Quote:This team could go 16-0 and some people on here would still hate on Bradley.

It is what it is.

If we were winning more the ice cream social talk would be well received. 

Yep, the ice cream talk is merely a representation of our distaste for his coaching ability, not his style. I don't care if the guy claps, screams, yells, backslaps, is surly, is happy...none of that matters if he can coach and win. But if Bradley can go 10-6 next year it's a great sign that our roster is capable of winning the Super Bowl with the right leadership.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yep, the ice cream talk is merely a representation of our distaste for his coaching ability, not his style. I don't care if the guy claps, screams, yells, backslaps, is surly, is happy...none of that matters if he can coach and win. But if Bradley can go 10-6 next year it's a great sign that our roster is capable of winning the Super Bowl with the right leadership.

Pretty much.  There's no one management or coaching style that leads to success.  There are many.

Otherwise, there would be only one, it would be identifiable and distinct, and everyone would be the same/have the same profile.

One thing is certain... successful coaches/managers/leaders are themselves.  Rarely will they find success trying to be someone else or trying to behave like someone else.  No one will follow someone who is not genuine, nor should they.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote: But if Bradley can go 10-6 next year it's a great sign that our roster is capable of winning the Super Bowl with the right leadership.
see

Quote:see

If they're good it's the players.  If they're bad it's the coach.  C'mon, you should be able to follow that.

Quote:If they're good it's the players.  If they're bad it's the coach.  C'mon, you should be able to follow that.
Yeah... silly me for being so myopic