Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WELP: Norman

Quote:Fun fact, Josh Norman's brother is Renaldo Norman who plays for the Jacksonville Giants.
We got this then. He's going to be a Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016, 12:34 PM by Jagwired.)

Guarantee dudes motor will be half speed if that after getting paid. He is a me first person. Fights with his own 100 million dollar QB, eye gouges or at least lies about eye gouging opposing teams players since Hurns said it never happened. Admitting to that in an interview alone makes him one of the dumbest [BAD WORD REMOVED] on the planet. Pass on that Dave, don't need it.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

@ChadEvansSports just tweeted that the Jaguars ARE showing interest in Norman.  I don't know how reliable he is, but I think he was one of the first to report Malik coming to the Jags.

Chad Evans also said the Jags were putting the finishing touches up with Bruce Irvin and then he signed with Oakland.

Quote:@ChadEvansSports just tweeted that the Jaguars ARE showing interest in Norman. I don't know how reliable he is, but I think he was one of the first to report Malik coming to the Jags.

Man that guy doesn't know anything. I blocked him.
Shock the world

This guy is the epitome of a guy who has one really good year, gets a huge contract, and then goes back to being average. 

Good to know, I'll ignore him from now on.

What if Caldwell isn't showing interest in NOrman, because they are wheeling and dealing with the Chargers to get the 3rd pick to draft Jalen Ramsey, the next Deion Sanders. CHammmmmmppiiioonnnshiiiippppppppppppppp.

Quote:Chad Evans also said the Jags were putting the finishing touches up with Bruce Irvin and then he signed with Oakland.

This.

Quote:This guy is the epitome of a guy who has one really good year, gets a huge contract, and then goes back to being average. 

Exactly right. If he was as good as advertised, the Panthers would have found a way to keep him.

Why is everyone so worried about cap space if we sign Norman? Nobody seemed worried when we were going after Vernon. The Jags can pick up the fifth year option on Bortles and only have to worry about our recievers.

The Jags should pull the triger on this and pay him what he wants lets make this one of the best D in the league this coming season.

Quote:Why is everyone so worried about cap space if we sign Norman? Nobody seemed worried when we were going after Vernon. The Jags can pick up the fifth year option on Bortles and only have to worry about our recievers.

The Jags should pull the triger on this and pay him what he wants lets make this one of the best D in the league this coming season.
Vernon is 25 and likely on the upswing and plays a position that is probably our top need. Norman plays CB which is a spot we're decent at but need more depth, and is 29 years old so he's getting up there in age, especially for a corner.

There's a difference here. I want Norman, but it's not so cut and dry.

Quote:Exactly right. If he was as good as advertised, the Panthers would have found a way to keep him.
Not necessarily.  Their GM even said that he doesn't believe in being "one player away" and wants players that are all in.  Obviously Norman knew he could get more than the 10m they offered him on the open market and probably would have held out.

Quote:Why is everyone so worried about cap space if we sign Norman? Nobody seemed worried when we were going after Vernon. The Jags can pick up the fifth year option on Bortles and only have to worry about our recievers.

The Giants are overpaying Vernon. He had 8 sacks last year, and he's getting paid almost as much as JJ Watt. If I'm going to pay JJ Watt money for a pass rusher, I want JJ Watt.  

Quote:Fun fact, Josh Norman's brother is Renaldo Norman who plays for the Jacksonville Giants.
Nice, I know Josh was here this offseason didnt know his brother played here, gives us a leg up

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I like the idea of signing him but like others said I don't want him to come here an loaf before last year I never heard of him I know week one he shut arob down mad people were talkin about arob bein a bust then both went on to have a great year I like to think the competition between him in arob hurn etc in practice he can't slouch competition breeds beasts he'll be fine here but well see when/if he signs here

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016, 02:08 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Not necessarily. Their GM even said that he doesn't believe in being "one player away" and wants players that are all in. Obviously Norman knew he could get more than the 10m they offered him on the open market and probably would have held out.

I read that as well and that last line scares me. If a guy isn't "all in" on a Super Bowl contending team what makes you think he'll suddenly flip on the switch after signing a massive contract?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I read that as well and that last line scares me. If a guy isn't "all in" on a Super Bowl contending team what makes you think he'll suddenly flip on the switch after signing a massive contract?

Gettleman was talking about it more so from a contract standpoint, he didn't want someone who was going to holdout if they didn't get a longterm deal.

Anyways, if last years performance was him not being "all in," I'll gladly take a not "all in" Josh Norman.

It was strange seeing my cousin from J-Ville (G. Blake) and an ol' hoopin buddy from here in Rochester (Jermaine "Slim" Bell) both standing side by side holding a trophy for The Giants. Small world.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

His other brother also played for the Orlando Predators in the Arena Football League a couple years back.