Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marshall Faulk Twitter Comment

Quote:This, I'm a Jax native living in Minneapolis (been here for about 15 years now), I'm thinking about moving back to Jax (part time) just so I can attend the games.The only way to shutup guys like Marshall Faulk is to pack that stadium, win or lose. 

There is a not a franchise in this league that would pack a stadium in they had a run like the Jaguars have had the last five years. Hell, the Ravens are in the midst of their first bad season in years and their stadium was half empty yesterday.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'll say this 1 more time. There's 20000 (approximately) cities in America; 32 of which (don't go there Jdub, let's keep this simple) have NFL football teams. People in Jacksonville that are within an hour of the stadium have an opportunity to do something that most of the other 350 million people in America don't: easily see an NFL game live and in-person.

The cost of everything sucks, but it's your team in your city. If you have the extra money, it's just a pure shame if you don't go, because there's plenty of people who would love to have that opportunity.

To each his own I guess.
You can't tell someone where you think they should spend their hard earned money. You have no clue of their circumstances. It doesn't disqualify that person for thinking fans should show up to the games. You're basically saying oh if you don't have enough money than just shut your trap. Don't be like that dude. His point was valid.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 02:34 PM by ArlingtonJag.)

And yes I have season tickets for me and my wife

Quote:There is a not a franchise in this league that would pack a stadium in they had a run like the Jaguars have had the last five years. Hell, the Ravens are in the midst of their first bad season in years and their stadium was half empty yesterday.

Pack the stadium was a bit of an hyperbole given the Jags situation over the past decade or so, with that said. I was expecting to see more people last Thursday night, this is clearly an improving football team loaded with young players at the offensive skill positions, in the midst of a legitimate playoff run. 

Quote:Pack the stadium was a bit of an hyperbole given the Jags situation over the past decade or so, with that said. I was expecting to see more people last Thursday night, this is clearly an improving football team loaded with young players at the offensive skill positions, in the midst of a legitimate playoff run. 

It was wet and late. Those will drive people away. I know for sure I wouldn't want to get home at midnight and have to get up to go to work on Friday.

Quote:It was wet and late. Those will drive people away. I know for sure I wouldn't want to get home at midnight and have to get up to go to work on Friday.

I'm sorry man but this is a lame excuse, at least to me anyway. Go to the games and support the team, once this starts happening on a consistent basis (winning will obviously help) the National narrative will go away.

Quote:Blah blah blah.... shut the hell up.  I've spent hundreds in purchasing Jags related merchandise for myself and relatives in other cities. I've watched every game from beginning to end since the team's inception. Ive been to close to 20 games and even manned the "Broadcaster Experience" booth half a dozen times when I worked for Comcast. Just because someone prefers to enjoy a game from the comfort of their home, doesn't make them any less of a fan.
Mr Khan disagrees with you.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:You can't tell someone where you think they should spend their hard earned money. You have no clue of their circumstances. It doesn't disqualify that person for thinking fans should show up to the games. You're basically saying oh if you don't have enough money than just shut your trap. Don't be like that dude. His point was valid.

Remember that part where I said to each his own? Or did you not make it that far?

Quote:Mr Khan disagrees with you.

Hahaha got eeeemmmmmm!

Alltell stadium used to regularly see crowds between the 65K-70K range..... when the Jags were winning. 

It will happen again. 

Just win, and they will come.

Personally - I attend whenever I'm in town for a home game.  Only twice this year, hopefully more next year.  And I don't give a rat's behind what Faulk thinks.  

My friend was in from California for the game. He actually said he thought it was a decent crowd.

I'm sorry, I don't care what city it is, a 2-7 vs. a 3-6 ain't gonna pack ANY stadium.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Dude is a tool (a phillips screwdriver to be exact). He's only got one purpose........... Is it just me or does his head look bigger and bigger? Seriously though?

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:What's his deal? Why does he hate us so much, lol...

https://twitter.com/marshallfaulk/status...1746437123

I heard him bad mouthing Blake Bortles, saying that Mariota out played him even though Bortles is in his 3rd year & then he repeated it like two more times.. I was screaming at the TV saying he only played 2 years (if that since he didnt come in at the start of his rookie year & this season isnt over yet)... but whatever...

Quote:Mr Khan disagrees with you.

Actually, Khan made up for his silly statement by saying:

"All it takes to be a Jaguars fan is to love the Jaguars. And if you love the Jaguars, you're the most important person to me and the entire organization."

I live in Michigan. Not being a Jaguars season ticket holder does not mean I'm not a diehard Jaguars fan. Try using logic.

Quote:Hahaha got eeeemmmmmm!

Laughing at people who can't make it to the games (whether it be for financial reasons, distance reasons, time reasons, etc.) is pretty pathetic. Don't be that guy.

For once ProFootball Focus doesnt have a jaguar listed for worst players at every positon

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...m-week-11/

thats an improvement..

Quote:Actually, Khan made up for his silly statement by saying:

"All it takes to be a Jaguars fan is to love the Jaguars. And if you love the Jaguars, you're the most important person to me and the entire organization."

I live in Michigan. Not being a Jaguars season ticket holder does not mean I'm not a diehard Jaguars fan. Try using logic.
Oh, your right .How silly of me. He's done all the in stadium upgrades for Jacksonvillians that are too "Cheap" to go to the games to sit on their lazy arses and watch on TV. No one here is dogging people who cannot attend for legitimate reasons.(Being a night game and raining or having to work the next day are not legitimate reasons by the way) Don't even try to twist it as that. This city is full of thousands of people who are able to go, call themselves fans, but yet do not go. Khan could not care less about the opinions of those folks. You can bet on that.

Oh yeah, Marshall Faulk? Dude can disintegrate for all I care.

There were plenty of reasons why the crowd was smaller than average Thursday night.  Most of them go away if the team is winning.

Weather was a factor (it was raining for my most of the drive up from Orlando and was still raining when we arrived at the parking lot), that keeps fans away, especially when the team is losing.  It was a late game.  By the time I got to bed it was 2 AM and I have to get up at 5:30 for work.  Made for a long day on Friday.   Lots of people (who ARE fans, just maybe not die hard fans) won't go on three hours of sleep to sit in what was predicted to be a rainy stadium to watch what has been a losing team.  

Personally given all those factors, I think the crowd was pretty good and surprisingly loud.   Jaguars fans deserve credit for showing up in the numbers we do given the past several years of Jaguars football.  

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015, 09:40 AM by Jagwired.)

Quote:There were plenty of reasons why the crowd was smaller than average Thursday night.  Most of them go away if the team is winning.

Weather was a factor (it was raining for my most of the drive up from Orlando and was still raining when we arrived at the parking lot), that keeps fans away, especially when the team is losing.  It was a late game.  By the time I got to bed it was 2 AM and I have to get up at 5:30 for work.  Made for a long day on Friday.   Lots of people (who ARE fans, just maybe not die hard fans) won't go on three hours of sleep to sit in what was predicted to be a rainy stadium to watch what has been a losing team.  

Personally given all those factors, I think the crowd was pretty good and surprisingly loud.   Jaguars fans deserve credit for showing up in the numbers we do given the past several years of Jaguars football.  
Yeah, the ones that actually do show up do indeed deserve props. The ones on their "cheap " arses? Not so much.

Quote:Laughing at people who can't make it to the games (whether it be for financial reasons, distance reasons, time reasons, etc.) is pretty pathetic. Don't be that guy.

Stop being so damn soft, I was laughing at the comment Jagwired made, not the guys situation.