Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags should trade AR15 to New England.

Quote:I think its asinine to trade away good players rather than keep them...Trying to build a talented roster by trading away your best players just doesn't seem like the best way to achieve your goal

Its ok, I understand that you don't see the bigger picture. No worries, I know where you stand.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Its ok, I understand that you don't see the bigger picture. No worries, I know where you stand.
I see the bigger picture...The bigger picture is acquiring talent...You want to trade the talent already acquired and hope that the return is greater than the loss instead of keeping the known quantity, you want to trade it for the unknown and just hope like hell you get a return instead of a loss...

Quote:Again what do I care if he works out for them? We know he's a pro bowl talent. I'm aware of that. The thing is he's not happy in jville and is going to walk while we stand pat hoping he stays. I'm not counting on it. If he was our only talented receiver I wouldn't be ok with it. But we have a talented WR corps and were about to draft a HOF RB. Getting the extra first would be gravy.
Why do we care? Because we are making another team who's won 5 Super Bowls in the last decade even better. All we get no matter what rounds its in is a draft pick or in other words a gamble, could work out could not. Robinson was a direct hit in the 2nd and we will have a hard time finding that again. Trading a young, healthy, pro bowl caliber WR for a draft pick is a giant gamble. Who cares if he is not happy in Jacksonville, I know hes not happy in Jacksonville. Im friends with a player on the team. Im not going to go into details and its okay if you dont believe that, but its true. He told me he complains a lot and wants a new contract and wants to be paid like a top WR. He apparently complained all last season about it. Unfortunately for him, his play wasn't stellar and hes going to risk millions if he continues to complain. He has to perform no matter who he is playing for. This is a big year for him because he will be paid after this. Even if hes not happy in Jacksonville, he has to prove hes worth the risk and money to back up his big head and attitude. Why not use that to our advantage since he will use us to leverage himself a new deal. 

You need to factor in more things than just draft picks. Think of it this way. We trade Allen Robinson, a pro bowl player, we are left with Allen Hurns and Marquis Lee, along with a few decent players who could be replaced at any moment. Factor in injuries. What if Allen Hurns gets injured? What if Marquis Lee gets injured? Lee for the first time in his career stayed healthy. His first 2 seasons, not so much. At any moment, his hammy or quad could act out and he could be riding the bench because of injuries. Hurns is good but I dont think hes a pro bowl player like Robinson. Hurns is more of your number 2 or 3 receiver. You are banking on having Hurns and Lee, two injury prone players to stay healthy all season. If any one of them goes down, you have a hole. You now are relying on inferior players to pick up the slack. Trading Robinson, you actually make a hole. Now you pretty much have to draft a WR when you dont really need too. We have many holes on the roster and areas where we need significant improvement. Why risk the gamble? Why make an unnecessary hole when you have a pro bowl player under contract. 

I dont see the benefit in trading him. Sure, he may walk, but he will play and play hard no matter what because he wants to be paid like a top WR. Make him earn the deal, maybe things turn around in Jacksonville and along with his play the team is better. Maybe he wants to stay. Worst case scenario, you got as much as you can out of a top talent at WR and he walks. O well, you have two other guys plus your depth plus the draft and you move on.  But you dont trade your Pro Bowl player unless the kitchen sink is thrown at you and believe me, The Patriots are not stupid. They are masters are deceiving you and getting every nickel and dime in a deal. They will not part with multiple draft picks just for one player. I call their bluff, especially with how they utilize under the radar players especially at WR. 

See, there's this little known thing called a "franchise tag" that means he'll be here as long as we want him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I mean if I'm AR15 and I see the team pay Hurns 10 mil a year but hasn't paid you yet I'd probably complain too.

Quote:I see the bigger picture...The bigger picture is acquiring talent...You want to trade the talent already acquired and hope that the return is greater than the loss instead of keeping the known quantity, you want to trade it for the unknown and just hope like hell you get a return instead of a loss...

Wrong I want to get something before I lose it all.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017, 07:08 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Again what do I care if he works out for them? We know he's a pro bowl talent. I'm aware of that. The thing is he's not happy in jville and is going to walk while we stand pat hoping he stays. I'm not counting on it. If he was our only talented receiver I wouldn't be ok with it. But we have a talented WR corps and were about to draft a HOF RB. Getting the extra first would be gravy.
How much do you think losing plays into his unhappiness here?

You have said he has been a malcontent and has given up on routes.

Why would a team be willing to trade a first round pick for him?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Wrong I want to get something before I lose it all.
you just may do that by trading him off

Quote:See, there's this little known thing called a "franchise tag" that means he'll be here as long as we want him.

That, and the fact that all this "malcontent" nonsense just goes away when the team starts winning  -  and it also disappears when the Jags offer him a $60 million extension.  

You guys are really feeding this? 6 pages already... lol 

Quote:How much do you think losing plays into his unhappiness here?

his big thing is he wants to trade him while he still has value and is not willing to wait another year to see if his value increases...

Quote:Why do we care? Because we are making another team who's won 5 Super Bowls in the last decade even better. All we get no matter what rounds its in is a draft pick or in other words a gamble, could work out could not. Robinson was a direct hit in the 2nd and we will have a hard time finding that again. Trading a young, healthy, pro bowl caliber WR for a draft pick is a giant gamble. Who cares if he is not happy in Jacksonville, I know hes not happy in Jacksonville. Im friends with a player on the team. Im not going to go into details and its okay if you dont believe that, but its true. He told me he complains a lot and wants a new contract and wants to be paid like a top WR. He apparently complained all last season about it. Unfortunately for him, his play wasn't stellar and hes going to risk millions if he continues to complain. He has to perform no matter who he is playing for. This is a big year for him because he will be paid after this. Even if hes not happy in Jacksonville, he has to prove hes worth the risk and money to back up his big head and attitude. Why not use that to our advantage since he will use us to leverage himself a new deal. 

You need to factor in more things than just draft picks. Think of it this way. We trade Allen Robinson, a pro bowl player, we are left with Allen Hurns and Marquis Lee, along with a few decent players who could be replaced at any moment. Factor in injuries. What if Allen Hurns gets injured? What if Marquis Lee gets injured? Lee for the first time in his career stayed healthy. His first 2 seasons, not so much. At any moment, his hammy or quad could act out and he could be riding the bench because of injuries. Hurns is good but I dont think hes a pro bowl player like Robinson. Hurns is more of your number 2 or 3 receiver. You are banking on having Hurns and Lee, two injury prone players to stay healthy all season. If any one of them goes down, you have a hole. You now are relying on inferior players to pick up the slack. Trading Robinson, you actually make a hole. Now you pretty much have to draft a WR when you dont really need too. We have many holes on the roster and areas where we need significant improvement. Why risk the gamble? Why make an unnecessary hole when you have a pro bowl player under contract. 

I dont see the benefit in trading him. Sure, he may walk, but he will play and play hard no matter what because he wants to be paid like a top WR. Make him earn the deal, maybe things turn around in Jacksonville and along with his play the team is better. Maybe he wants to stay. Worst case scenario, you got as much as you can out of a top talent at WR and he walks. O well, you have two other guys plus your depth plus the draft and you move on.  But you dont trade your Pro Bowl player unless the kitchen sink is thrown at you and believe me, The Patriots are not stupid. They are masters are deceiving you and getting every nickel and dime in a deal. They will not part with multiple draft picks just for one player. I call their bluff, especially with how they utilize under the radar players especially at WR. 

Don't bring up injuries. AR was injured year one. Anyone can be injured any time.

Quote:See, there's this little known thing called a "franchise tag" that means he'll be here as long as we want him.

True, but he aint happy. It would be better to cut bait and keep a cohesive locker room with other talented young players.

Quote:I watched the games. I don't blame you for not watching.

Thx. I thought you had discernible proof but you would've have provided it.

Quote:he aint happy

You keep saying this. Who cares if he's happy???  

Quote:How much do you think losing plays into his unhappiness here?

Uh were talking about trading him to the Pats.

Quote:Thx. I thought you had discernible proof but you would've have provided it.

I aint yo momma boy. Go find it. But if you don't believe me its not my concern.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017, 07:15 PM by Pwmccorm1216.)

Quote:Don't bring up injuries. AR was injured year one. Anyone can be injured any time.
Allen Robinson hasn't missed a game in 2 years. His first year, his rookie year, he had an injury but got over it and played 10 games. Allen Hurns has missed far more than he has, though hes pretty tough and Lee, well, his track record is horrifying, go look it up. 

Im not trading a pro bowl WR, who's young and is durable and stays healthy. Injuries are absolutely a major factor in it because frankly, Hurns and Lee are not on his level and are not as durable as he is. 

The whole basis of this argument is the idea that Arob is leaving. Regardless of the fact that we have no idea what hes going to do in a year OP is still stating his future matter of factly.

And the idea that trading him now because he might leave later is pretty [BLEEP] dumb. Like really [BLEEP] stupid. Can we lock this one up now and stop giving op the attention his parents wont.

Quote:True, but he aint happy. It would be better to cut bait and keep a cohesive locker room with other talented young players.
when he gets a big [BLEEP] contract here he will be happy