Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All Bortles Haters Come- Stats at Age 23 and INTs

Quote:THE GUY HAS NOT FINISHED TWO FULL SEASONS AND IS ONLY 23 YEARS OLD AND IS TOP FIVE IN TD PASSES AND PASSING YARDS, WITH A NEARLY 2:1 TD-INT RATIO.

WILL CAPS LOCK HELP?

Newp. He is average at BEST.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:THE GUY HAS NOT FINISHED TWO FULL SEASONS AND IS ONLY 23 YEARS OLD AND IS TOP FIVE IN TD PASSES AND PASSING YARDS, WITH A NEARLY 2:1 TD-INT RATIO.

WILL CAPS LOCK HELP?

Sucks.

I'd like to thank some of you posters for giving me the ability to no longer have to resort to watching Springer to get my daily dose of stupidity.... Carry on....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:In what world is using a third of the available data an appropriate sample size? 
In the educated world that you pretend to be a part of,  33% would be considered an extremely large and significant sample size.

Quote:Im not a statistician but im pretty sure a third of the sample is statistically significant to extrapolate on. Obviously there is going to be a certain confidence interval that isnt 100% but i think it is a big enough sample size. Even if you dont want to use extrapolate the data and just want to look at stats where he currently is, he is a top 5-7 QB statistically right now in yards and TDs.
I took 1 year of stats my first year of college. Granted it was 24 years ago, for a single projected item (numbers mainly) you can gauge a remotely accurate projection at around 20% if not less. No way is he in any kind of statistical program in college, and looking at the sun through binoculars does not constitute majoring in science.

Quote:In what world is using a third of the available data an appropriate sample size?

It is the difference between a sample and a population...

If you know the entire population there would be no need for a sample.

Quote:Let's talk some stats for the Bortles haters.....

I know Jags fans have never had a really good QB so they don't know what one looks like but here goes....

As for your Interception concerns....

Peyton Manning - Age 22- 4.9% passes INT

Blake Bortles-       Age 22- 3.6% passes INT

Peyton Manning Age 23- 2.8% passes INT

Blake Bortles-    Age 23- 2.9% passes INT

Brett Favre- CAREER - 3.3% passes INT

It's called a natural progression for Blake. He makes less mistakes than people think.

Now let's look at what Blake's on pace for this year at Age 23 (probably the 3rd best Age 23 season in NFL history if pace continues after Dan Marino and Matt Stafford). 

Blake Bortles (23 age) 34 TD, 18 INT- 4350 yards

Peyton Manning (23) 26 TD, 15 INT- 4135 yards

Andrew Luck (24) 23 TD, 9 INT- 3822 yards

Brett Farve (24) 19 TD, 24 INT- 3303 yards

Joe Montana (24) 15 TD, 9 INT- 1795 yards

Drew Brees (24) 11 TD, 15 INT- 2108 yards

Troy Aikman (24) 11 TD, 18 INT- 2579 yards

I'm not ready to anoint Blake Bortles into the Hall of Fame but I will say the Jags have the most talented QB they had (yes over Mark Brunell- Tom Coughlin was the brains behind that operation).

The Jags have got to get a real head coach in place. 

Peyton Manning won in his 2nd year because his defense allowed 20.7 ppg. Bortles defense allows 29.3 ppg. It's impossible to win giving up the worst points per game in the NFL. Gus for being a defensive guru flat out sucks. 
I'm telling you Blake is the most like Brett Favre, many forget about how many games Brett lost by throwing INTs before he started to will his team to win...

Blake just needs more talent & maybe better coaching around him..

Quote:You're missing the point. The point is that the projection of stats mean nothing. No one really believes that Manziel is the answer or that he would achieve those stats if he actually played a 16 game season. Similarly, there is no reason to give a player credit for the projection of his stats when he hasn't actually produced them. A projection is not the same as actuality.
A projection is as close as we can get to reality. You put 100 people in a room and take 5 aside and ask their favorite basic color, what's going to happen? Very well could be 5 different colors, and impossible to gauge anything about the other 95. There's your Manziel argument. However take 33 from that same group with the same question. You have a hell of alot better idea. No way to know if he throws 35 touchdowns or 4000 yards until its over, however that works both ways so quit acting like an arrogant pr#@? to anyone who dares challenge your stats that change with each response and let the freaking season play out.

People they think Blake isnt good are morons pretty simple 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:People they think Blake isnt good are morons pretty simple 
This. He is eerily similar to how Brett started his career. TONS of turnovers, showed promise, then BOOM. The Packers started to win, A LOT. It is a lot to ask for from a player, but I think he has it in him and could carry a team with a little more development in his decision making process on the field.  Any and all turnovers suck, we get it, but they happen and yes pick 6's seem to happen frequently. The only thing you have to remember is a young quarterback usually comes with growing pains. He and Carr are going to be really good for many years imo, we have our franchise QB. 

I think Bortles is entering a critical juncture in his career. He's close to making "the leap" as a franchise QB. He's still a work in progress but you can see he's getting close. Its up to him to cross that valley. I just hope this possible coaching change doesn't hinder his development by having to learn an entirely new offense again next years. That would be 3 different offenses in 3 years which is something the great QBs of today have never had to face.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I think Bortles is entering a critical juncture in his career. He's close to making "the leap" as a franchise QB. He's still a work in progress but you can see he's getting close. Its up to him to cross that valley. I just hope this possible coaching change doesn't hinder his development by having to learn an entirely new offense again next years. That would be 3 different offenses in 3 years which is something the great QBs of today have never had to face.

The crazy thing is he hasnt even played 2 full years and hes playing this good

I hope who ever we hire keeps Olsen as OC, unless its somebody like Sean Payton or a proven offensive guru 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>